Definitive Edition Half Price on PS4/XB1 offer.

Martain2

Digital edition owners qualify for savings on the upgrade.

Bethesda Softworks is due to release Dishonored Definitive Edition to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in just over a month, and they're offering a sweetheart deal to players who have already bought the game previously. Owners of the digital edition of Dishonored on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 will be able to purchase Definitive Edition for $19.99, half off the title's retail price.

PlayStation Plus users may find themselves extra happy about the deal. Dishonored was made available for free to members of the program back in April, and anyone who took advantage of that opportunity will also be eligible to grab the new release at the discounted price.

Announced last month at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Dishonored Definitive Edition collects the original 2012 game with its four downloadable content releases into one package with improved visuals.

Dishonored Digital Edition and its discount offer are available for pre-order now from PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace. It is scheduled for release on August 25.

Sources: Reddit, Eurogamer

Dishonored Definitive Edition Half Price on PS4 Xbox One | The Escapist

What about those of us that bought the retail GOTY Edition, don't we get anything :(?

Unfortunately not it would seem, i also have the disc GOTY version but i can understand why it would be digital copies only as they are much easier to confirm all sales being new copies rather than people who picked it up second hand.

What about those of us that bought the retail GOTY Edition, don't we get anything :(?

Did you "buy" it when it was free on PS+? If so, you should be eligible for the discount.

I also bought the GOTY edition a while back and then sold it, but I also got it free on PS+ so I was able to get the DE for $24.99 in Canada. Good deal if you ask me.

Personally, the game if already played on the PS3, will eventually be discounted locally in everyone's area after a few months. I'm not that impulsive to play this game again on the PS4 (barely scratched the first on PS3) at full retail price. I can wait and buy it used for cheaper than the digital discount. Not a fan of downloading up in Canada, where we get raped on bandwidth charges anyhow.

Nope, my internet was terrible until last month and couldn't handle massive downloads so I bought the retail disc of Dishonored instead when it was on offer a couple of years back :(.

I guess what I meant was did you not buy it without downloading this past April? I've gotten into the habit of "buying" all the free PS+ games each month, just in case, even if I don't intend to actually play them.

Not a fan of downloading up in Canada, where we get raped on bandwidth charges anyhow.

No TekSavvy options in your area?

Edited by swotam

It's listed here on Amazon for only £24. With Pre-Order Price guarantee, if you hadn't already got it, can still get it here for half price. (I assume this is half price and not full price)

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dishonored-The-Definitive-Edition-PS4/dp/B00ZF31O5M/ref=sr_1_19?&s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1437783075&sr=1-19&keywords=fallout]Dishonored: The Definitive Edition (PS4): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this why theres 2 different Dishonored on PSN store for PS 4 preorder. One says 399 Swedish Crowns and one is not priced, when marking the one without pricening it says " You cannot buy this because you alreday owns Dishonored ".

I have the PS3 version already but havent played it.

I guess what I meant was did you not buy it without downloading this past April? I've gotten into the habit of "buying" all the free PS+ games each month, just in case, even if I don't intend to actually play them.

Same here. Buy everything, even the ones that look crap because you never know ..... ;)

Nope, I already had the disc by then so didn't see the point in getting it digitally as well :(.

I think a similar situation like this convinced me some time ago to do the "buy" thing without actually downloading on everything, even stuff I already owned. It can't hurt after all and if you never play it, it's no biggie.

Damn, I'm a little pissed I forgot to pre-order. Damnit.

It's full price again.

Your not the only one who forgot. The worst part about it is Sony sent out an email stating the upgrade offer last until 9/1/15 but that does not seem to be the case.

Edited by Koke

Your not the only one who forgot. The worst part about it is Sony sent out an email stating the upgrade offer last until 9/1/15 but that does not seem to be the case.

I didn't forget, I received that e-mail, it unequivocally stated the offer was valid until 9/1. Seems like they saved me the $20, though, as I would have bought the game yesterday and it's a pretty crappy port from all I heard.

I think the price has been corrected. I'm using my computer to purchase from the store and it's 19.99. Just checked the store on PS4 too and it's also 19.99 again.

Seems like they saved me the $20, though, as I would have bought the game yesterday and it's a pretty crappy port from all I heard.

I wouldn't say it's a "crappy" port since there's nothing wrong with it, it's pretty much just a straight port of the PS3 GOTY version with minor graphical improvements and some basic use of DS4 features like the speaker and touchpad. Doubt that's worth full retail, but it's probably worth picking up at 50% off if you enjoyed the game and want to play it all again on PS4.

I think the price has been corrected. I'm using my computer to purchase from the store and it's 19.99. Just checked the store on PS4 too and it's also 19.99 again.

Wouldn't be the first time Sony screwed up pricing on a Tuesday. Wouldn't be the hundredth time either...

Not a bad deal for $20 though, assuming you enjoyed the game enough to play it through again.

Damn, I'm a little pissed I forgot to pre-order. Damnit.

It's full price again.

Here in Sweden i had two choices one att full price and the other i couldnt preorder cause it stated i already owned the game so i thought on releaseday i could purchase at discount price for having the digital version on PS3 But its only available for full price now when it was released. and i was awake when the game released.