Sucky trophy list

pmm_fin

I kind of like the game but this one has the suckiest trophy list I've come across by far.

It seems like the game might be quite a lot more fun if I was actually playing without all the artificial limitations required by these trophies and not needing to keep an eye open for all the long term missables that you cannot get easily by level seleting afterwards. I just don't have the time and patience to put three playthroughs into this game as it's starting to feel repetitive by mission 8 already.

I also forgot to finish a quest from Slackjaw meaning I have to risk doing it during the no kills stealth run :rolleyes:

I kind of like the game but this one has the suckiest trophy list I've come across by far.

It seems like the game might be quite a lot more fun if I was actually playing without all the artificial limitations required by these trophies and not needing to keep an eye open for all the long term missables that you cannot get easily by level seleting afterwards. I just don't have the time and patience to put three playthroughs into this game as it's starting to feel repetitive by mission 8 already.

I also forgot to finish a quest from Slackjaw meaning I have to risk doing it during the no kills stealth run :rolleyes:

Not to be a Richard but your complaints could easily be said about any game that has collectible trophies....

I remember this game and I agree with you. Metal Gear is spoiled kinda in the same way but MGS was still great to replay for trophies (HD collection and 4).

But I dislike having to avoid doing this and that during games for the trophies. That is where trophies ruin the experience of a game. Metro Last Light is also the same lol.

I haven't played the game yet but I know enough about it and similar games to say the following. I think it does it properly enough because a complete trophy list should be as close to 100% of an experience of the FULL game. Those different playthrough's represent those different approaches to the game and frankly, too many trophy hunters expect an almost effortless plat when said plat should ideally actually only be for those who really like a particular game enough to go for that 100%.

Spread it over time, that's what I do with multiple playthrough requirements. Wait a few months and then have a completely different experience without it still being that fresh in the mind to render it dull.

I've been spreading it since 2012 if I look at my trophy dates...

I think things like this should be split over differrent character classes or skillsets. Get a killing spree run with gun upgrades and combat skills. Then get a stealth run with stealth upgrades. But this I've found too restricting requiring at least two extra runs if you want to play once with experimenting with all the skills and items (at least you'll likely get all chaos ending but thbat doesn't save you further efforts).

You have 14% (16) trophies dude, you haven't even completed the game once so the duration is irrelevant. You just didn't touch it for 2 years. Maybe you don't like the game that much to begin? I suggest play the game however you want for the 1st run but I personally love stealth.

I can see what you're saying about the restricting extremes limiting you to play a certain way the entire run though. It would kind of drain you and dull the experience if you're doing it with the trophy in mind. Especially for the 1st run.

You mean my trophy card? I have completed the game without any magic skills with full chaos but it can take time to update those.

According to your trophy list you started the game in December 2012 and didn't touch it again until a few days ago, this is hardly spacing it out over 2 years.

So how do you guys actually "space" out these things over time? I found this game irritating when I first started it and played other games that attracted me more. Now that I had nothing else and went through my old games I decided to give it another go? Isn't that spacing? If I took weeks or months off and returned, I'd basically need to restart or at least play the tutorials again as I've noticed I struggle further in the games when I've forgotten controls and the genaral flow. I mean how many pieces could you space it out into during three years for it to still make any sense? :D

Well enough of that. I've noticed that the stealth run is actually much quicker and more pleasant experience than the chaos run without shadow powers.

Now that I've started criticizing the forced playstyles, there's another thing that is not really spot on in this game and that's the chaos thing. It works to further limit your approach as when you start killing enemies, the world gets more chaotic and you will meet more and more of them. I was scared during my first run that I'd never be able to get past all this noticed but actually it's just an enemy here, another there and few blinks get you through most.

So once you start killing (like you likely initially do as you play an assassin against tyrannical soldiers killing civilians) you meet more enemies making anything but killing them too even more challenging.