Clean Hands trophy question.

LAPIII

You can indeed kill any animal you want in the game and still get Clean Hands, as stated in the trophy guide and confirmed by the developers:

A tweet from Arkane developer Harvey Smith confirms that wolfhounds, rats, and river krusts do not count toward body total and therefore will not lock the achievement if killed. Killing fish also will not lock the achievement

Clean Hands - Dishonored Wiki

EDIT: also note possessing smaller creatures like rats and hagfish does kill it. Can't remember if it kills dogs, but definitely not humans unless you explicitly do something to put them in danger as is required for one of the trophies.

EDIT2: according the trophy guide, killing dogs does void Clean Hands, though that stat won't appear at the end of the mission as indicated in the developer's tweet.

Edited by Satnamji

You can indeed kill any animal you want in the game and still get Clean Hands, as stated in the trophy guide and confirmed by the developers:

Clean Hands - Dishonored Wiki

EDIT: also note possessing smaller creatures like rats and hagfish does kill it. Can't remember if it kills dogs, but definitely not humans unless you explicitly do something to put them in danger as is required for one of the trophies.

In that case I stand corrected :), I must have gotten my info from a bad source :think:.

• 4 weeks later...

You can kill rats and fishes, but not dogs.

Anything else has to stay alive (just done it myself yesterday).

A particular point of interest is when you need to neutralize 2 weepers under the Loyalists base.

It's unlikely you'll have Bend Time 2, so I suggest to take the combat sleep dart upgrade and use the darts to KO them being mindful they DO NOT fall into the water.

I also suggest to skip Granny's quests, but to do Slackjaw's ones (for the twins non lethal outcome).

Edited by DocDoomII

• 1 month later...

Clean Hands News (imvho)

I had real hard issuses with this trophy. I did everthing right and in every endstat screen I had a "1" at the kills.

I tried it 5 times, slightly went mad, but I wanted that trophy and I remembered that Bethesda Games often make issuse when you override older saves. I deleted all old saves and created new ones as needed - result: I did anything -laying them sleep, carry them, possesed one rat, used sleepingdarts and also had one "sleeper" vanished by bug- finally I have my "0" in the endstats.

btw: I shot one sleeping dart on close distance in someones head and he was killed, not sleeping. So maybe you have to be careful with'em.