1st vs 3rd person view

KNC

What view do you prefer a sneaking game  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What view do you prefer a sneaking game

• 1st person
    • 3rd person

How do you like sneaking games like this in First person vs third person view?

In my case, I never want sneaking games in first person view. Its kinda hard to know if you are hiding enough while sneaking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To be truthful, I actually like having a first and a third person view. I know most traditionalists only like third, but those traditional sneaking games were very difficult for me. That's why I like a combo. I like to see what my character sees, and I like to see the environment around me as well; I like Fallout & Skyrim, because you can go back and forth between first and third person views.

• 3 weeks later...

I generally prefer 3rd person, but it all matters on the game. Like I love Star Wars: Battlefront in 3rd person view. I hate it in 1st person view. Same with racing games. I can only play them in 3rd person view. Playing them in 1st person view is fun, but only for about a minute... then I eventually switch back to 3rd person.

Shooting games I dislike in 3rd person. Like some James Bond games. But at the same time I love 3rd person shooters like Army of Two.

I wouldn't have minded a 3rd person option for Dishonored. I personally would have enjoyed playing this game if there was such an option. Would probably make the game easier because you can see better from angle views. But then it might make the game easier and not feel the same. I did enjoy the game and it was more challenging in 1st person mode.

~ Rafdog89

• 2 weeks later...

I like to be able to switch at will. While I've played games that certainly let you know that 3rd person is paramount for understanding your surroundings, games like dishonored and even skyrim have shown me its not necessary and poses a greater (and often more fun) challenge.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking that i would vote for 3rd person view but then i actually completed this game.

After that i realized that the view doesn't matter that much, what matters is how well it's implemented into game. You can make truly superb sneaking game in 3rd person view (Hitman blood money, Deus EX:HR) but the same apparently applies for 1st person view, at least it did with this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I prefer 3rd person for sneaking games like splinter cell. I agree it's too hard to sneak in 1st person.

Like another user said, this game should've had the option to choose between 1st and 3rd person view like skyrim or fallout games... would've made this game better.

Other than that, Dishonored is definitely overrated.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...