Anybody platinum it in three playthroughs instead of two?

DeCoR

Seems like putting limitations on yourself during the first playthrough would take a lot of fun out of the game? I'm wondering if anybody did it in three what sort of play time would I be looking at? The guide says 15-25 for two?

Apologies just saw a couple of similar threads to this I missed.

Edited by DeCoR

A lot of people did it in three runs. I myself played through the game four times.

I think you would be looking at 15-20 hours for three playthroughs, as a stealth run can take as little as 3 hours.

I think I may need to edit the estimated hours in the guide. That part was written very early on in the guide writing process.... so thank you for pointing that out to me.

A lot of people did it in three runs. I myself played through the game four times.

I think you would be looking at 15-20 hours for three playthroughs, as a stealth run can take as little as 3 hours.

I think I may need to edit the estimated hours in the guide. That part was written very early on in the guide writing process.... so thank you for pointing that out to me.

Ah thats a much better than I was hoping thanks for the estimate :)

No problem glad to help.

I was planning on doing it in two runs, but apparently something happened to a Sokolov painting at some point so I'll have to do (almost) three playthroughs.

My first was a high chaos, all the powers I wanted, "fun" run. Now on my second it's been a totally different experience with no powers, no detections, and no kills. At least it won't take long to collect the paintings while running through the missions.

After learning the layouts and the guard positions you can really move through the game at quite a clip, taking perhaps 20 minutes (give or take) per mission. That's just me personally, though. I'm sure there are folks out there able to clear the game in the amount of time it'd take me to fix a sandwich.

just started the game and im completely disregarding the trophy guide for my first run. plan on just mixing a bunch of play styles together for a fun run.

Did the same thing... my first playthrough was semi-stealth. I tried to sneak as much as possible, but didnt mind getting messy either. Bought all the upgrades I wanted. Just played to enjoy the game.

But for my 2nd playthrough, I actually combined Clean Hands & Mostly Flesh and Steel. So it was a no upgrades/no kills/no alerts run. Also picked up any Sokolov paintings I had missed previously. This made it pretty challenging, but I really enjoyed it. Also made it possible to platinum in just 2 runs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Did the same thing... my first playthrough was semi-stealth. I tried to sneak as much as possible, but didnt mind getting messy either. Bought all the upgrades I wanted. Just played to enjoy the game.

But for my 2nd playthrough, I actually combined Clean Hands & Mostly Flesh and Steel. So it was a no upgrades/no kills/no alerts run. Also picked up any Sokolov paintings I had missed previously. This made it pretty challenging, but I really enjoyed it. Also made it possible to platinum in just 2 runs.

Wow, doing the no kills and no alerts play-through with no upgrades must have been very difficult. Having Blink Level 2 and Dark Visions Level 1 was a life safer for me in the no kill/alert play-through.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, doing the no kills and no alerts play-through with no upgrades must have been very difficult. Having Blink Level 2 and Dark Visions Level 1 was a life safer for me in the no kill/alert play-through.

Not as hard as you may think (at least so far). If anyone gets stuck, check out thereddragon's walkthrough on youtube. Very handy.

I'm planning on a 3 playthrough platinum. First without focusing on trophies really, second for stealth, no upgrades, no killing etc and then a third to clean up.

• 4 weeks later...

Got up to around the end of chapter 2, realized I was only using blink and my sword anyways and decided to do the 2 playthrough run as suggested in the guide instead. And actually enjoying myself quite a bit. Referring back to my first post, 2 runs through a game is just enough for me. Especially with this backlog of games I've got posted on my shelf...

• 2 weeks later...
Seems like putting limitations on yourself during the first playthrough would take a lot of fun out of the game? I'm wondering if anybody did it in three what sort of play time would I be looking at? The guide says 15-25 for two?

Apologies just saw a couple of similar threads to this I missed.

While this is an old thread, I'm definitely going to use 3 runthroughs. I don't want to be confined in my actions for an initial run.

• 5 months later...

I wanted to play my first run without caring about trophies, but in case something went awry and I had to replay then entire game for a trophy I failed, I decided to go for high chaos/flesh and steel in my first run (done) and clean hands/ghost/low chaos in the second run. After which, if everything goes as planned, I can decide if I want to do a complete campaign to clean up the kills trophies involving powers or use chapter select.

The trophies really are designed around three runs, it seems, and I enjoy the game enough that I'm not just trying to beat it so I can play something I'm more interested in. But I also have all the DLC in the GOTY edition to get through as well. We'll see.

• 3 months later...

I had to do a third playthrough because the second one didn't unlock clean hands and ghost...

Did the this third playthrough in less than 5 hours the stealth way.

Just took my time in the first 2 missions to gather as many runes as possible to unlock the useful powers, than did the rest in nothing more than 2 hours just moving around with Blink 2 and skipping obstacles with Bend Time 2. Some missions didn't last more than 15-20 minutes this way.

Also pretty much ignored bone charms.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I really took my time with this and ended up doing something like 6 playthroughs though if you really know what you're doing, you can get the (P) in 2 playthroughs :).

:D

i think i may be joining you on that sixth playthrough lol - have already done two, and still have the no alarms / kills trophy to go as well as the painting collection - so there's at least two more :rolleyes:

In my first playthrough, i killed Granny Rags and Slackjaw in the earlier missions, and so couldn't get their final missions trophies in level seven with mission select... so i replayed missions three through to seven.

i think i enjoyed the second 2/3's playthrough more than the first :)