Ghost and Clean Hands bugged?

Knobby103

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to this its because I stunned Granny Rags

Notes on Stealth Detection, Chaos, and Trophies/Achievements - Bethesda Softworks Forums

im redoing level 7 onwards just stealing the key and running to see if it will unlock now, others have said that it will work

EDIT: I can confirm that this will work, I now have both Clean Hands and Ghost, also I don't know if it matters but I used the level 7 save file not chapter select

To avoid alert when stealing key use the slow time ability until you have excaped

Edited by Knobby103

That is one very helpful link you posted right there. I immediately bookmarked it for further study when I'm going to do my stealth playthrough later on.

Animals do *not* count as kills -- Bethesda said this themselves in the link above. They are able to void ghost though, since they can be alerted.

Has anyone obtained Clean Hands and Ghost with killing dogs? As far as I know I did everything right: single save, no kills, no alerts all checked, put weepers in sewer to sleep and got reward for live test subjects, stole key from Granny in #7. Only thing I did was kill some dogs with regular bolts. I ended up with trophy for no alerts, but got an invisible kill (dogs?) somewhere or the trophy is glitched.

according to this its because I stunned Granny Rags

Notes on Stealth Detection, Chaos, and Trophies/Achievements - Bethesda Softworks Forums

im redoing level 7 onwards just stealing the key and running to see if it will unlock now, others have said that it will work

EDIT: I can confirm that this will work, I now have both Clean Hands and Ghost, also I don't know if it matters but I used the level 7 save file not chapter select

To avoid alert when stealing key use the slow time ability until you have excaped

I also noticed this is an issue if you choke out the Torturer (Return to the Tower). I originally did that to get the rune there (made it past later by using blink alone), and he counted as a kill (even though it said he was only unconscious). I think that the game glitches because you technically "took out" the Torturer and/or Granny Rags. Since there is no non-lethal option to those side missions, then the game automatically assumes you've killed them.

Has anyone obtained Clean Hands and Ghost with killing dogs? As far as I know I did everything right: single save, no kills, no alerts all checked, put weepers in sewer to sleep and got reward for live test subjects, stole key from Granny in #7. Only thing I did was kill some dogs with regular bolts. I ended up with trophy for no alerts, but got an invisible kill (dogs?) somewhere or the trophy is glitched.

I got Clean Hands, Ghost, and Shadow all at the same time. I did not kill any dogs (figured better safe than sorry). I shot them with tranquilizers. However, I killed the rivercrust things (mollusks that shoot at you) and other animals. I've never possessed a hound before. Do they die when you leave them? If not, then I'd assume they are considered something other than lower animals and might "count" toward your kill count. I'd think that would be stupid if it did, though... They can become alerted... it might be the dogs.

Did you do all that on the same save chain? (i.e. didn't go back to get no kills on a previous mission without playing all the way to the end from that mission?) I'm assuming that's what you meant by "single save," but I wanted to be sure.

Did you put Granny Rags and/or the Torturer to sleep? Wait... they would have shown up as a kill at the end of the mission if you had... never mind.

hi guys if i do something wrong killed somebody and reload from the last autosave is the trophy still available

Yes. This is how I was able to get many kill trophies during my Ghost, Shadow, and Clean Hands play through. As long as the autosave and/or save brings you back to a place before you killed anyone, then it's like you never killed anyone (in a certain respect, you didn't kill anyone).

I got Clean Hands, Ghost, and Shadow all at the same time. I did not kill any dogs (figured better safe than sorry). I shot them with tranquilizers. However, I killed the rivercrust things (mollusks that shoot at you) and other animals. I've never possessed a hound before. Do they die when you leave them? If not, then I'd assume they are considered something other than lower animals and might "count" toward your kill count. I'd think that would be stupid if it did, though... They can become alerted... it might be the dogs.

Did you do all that on the same save chain? (i.e. didn't go back to get no kills on a previous mission without playing all the way to the end from that mission?) I'm assuming that's what you meant by "single save," but I wanted to be sure.

Did you put Granny Rags and/or the Torturer to sleep? Wait... they would have shown up as a kill at the end of the mission if you had... never mind.

I just got Ghost and Clean Hands on my second playthrough (on Hard).

Things I did differently:

- No magic except blink resulting in Mostly Blood and Steel trophy.

- Did not fight/kill assassins in the prologue; only blocked.

- Did not ever talk to Granny Rags or do any of her quests (last time I successfuly stole her sewer key).

- Did not duel Lord Shaw (using sleep darts).

- Did not knockout the Executioner.

- Did not kill any dogs.

It is very likely one of these things that prevented me from getting Ghost and Clean Hands last time.

So if we're going for Clean Hands but did a granny rags/slackjaw side mission - how do we get out of the sewer without her going hostile & killing slackjaw? If i remember correctly you steal her key and she goes ape shit.

I did this on Hard so it is definitely doable.

I first grabbed the medical herbs and feathers off the alter. Then I ran and blinked up to the room that has Granny Rags' cameo but only took the sleep darts, whale oil, and Sokolov Painting. By that time, Granny Rags was nearing the end of her dialogue with Slackjaw. I blinked down to her and stole the key from her. She started talking tough, and I got up onto the alter on Slackjaw's left (to the right of him). I was "sneaking" to make myself less visible. When she blinked away, I waited for her to blink either to the left or right (on the stairs). Then I blinked onto one of the taller whale bones (rib cage bones sticking out of the ground) which allowed me to blink up to Granny Rags' room again. I then made a bee line (still sneaking, though) for the door and unlocked it. I shut the door behind me so her rats didn't come and attack me (not to mention she might be able to see me if I didn't). Then I took my time looting the stuff that was behind the door I just shut (rune, money, etc.).

This will mean no kills in the mission, you can do it without alerts, and you still get all the runes/bone charms.

As a side note, I got Ghost, Shadow, and Clean Hands after doing that too. So I'd say that's the "right" way to do it. And it's funny to see the optional objective of "Find Granny Rags' cameo" until the end of the game. LOL I like to think that the nearly blind Granny Rags is blinking all over the place and Slackjaw is yelling trying to tell me where the cameo is... only I misinterpreted and went off looking for it. I just never found it. Maybe Granny is still looking for me as Slackjaw slowly starves to death. LOL

Hope that helps.

Edited by RandomRansom
Added more humor

As an alternate/fun way to deal with the Granny/Slackjaw confrontation. I saved before entering. Looted the place and grabbed Granny's cameo, stole Granny's key, burned her cameo, freed Slackjaw (just to give him a chance against Granny, I kinda liked the guy), and while those two were fighting I booked it out the back stopping to grab the goodies. End of the mission, "0" kills, although I think Granny won the fight, but since "I" didn't kill anyone it doesn't count against me. ;)