Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance

Release date

• 2 months later...
Back at Tokyo Game Show, NIS America said to Siliconera they were going to localize Disgaea 5. The PlayStation 4 strategy RPG is officially called Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance and it will release in North America and Europe next year. Here’s a little recap on the game’s story: The sixth home console entry to the legendary Disgaea series tells a tale of revenge, and of rebellion. As a new and terrible Overlord named Void Dark seeks to enslave the countless Netherworlds, one young demon has stood to end his reign—Killia. In Disgaea 5, lead Killia and his tenacious army of rebels on their dark and dangerous path to vengeance. Filled with more over-the-top action and hilarious writing than ever before, Disgaea 5’s damage numbers are surely headed for the record books. You can check out the game’s latest trailer introducing the protagonist Killia, and more from our earlier reports. Disgaea 5 will release in Japan on March 26, 2015 and in the West in Fall 2015 for PlayStation 4.
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance Headed Westward In Fall 2015 - Siliconera

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I haven't played any of these games and I'm trying to stop buying PS3 games. Would it be bad if I started with this one? I've always been interested in the series.

The only ones that are related are Disgaea 1 and Disgaea D2 (sequel to the first). (Though characters from the other games will cameo in the postgame.)

Each one has always been better than the last, so starting on the latest one is a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...