Rate the trophy difficulty...  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.88

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

Really? I can't even read this trophy list. When is it coming out in the US?

NISA said the day the Japanese release was announced that it maybe sometime in late Summer to Fall 2011(but that can change). NISA has to do the necessary translations and dubbing but think they may actually already be starting to work on it. Plus localizing games is easier when you're just having to get it from your parent company then trying to get the license from a different company.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If 4 is easier than 3, I should definitely get it. I remember looking at 3 and thinking it was pretty tough, but it all ended up being a breeze for me once I went through it. I haven't actually looked at the trophy list for this game though. I was hoping a few people would have a general idea. I've really been wondering, but I figured I might as well wait to look at the actual list until after I beat the game. Either way, I'm having a great time with the game so far. Makes me think of all the great times I've had with all of the other NIS games. I really like the HD graphics. Anyway, hopefully I will be back here at some point to post my opinion on getting the platinum trophy :)

i voted 7 simply because after playing through most the story its not hard at all its just like disgaea 3 in the way that it just takes alot of time and grinding but if you dont get bored grinding then it will be easy.

im voting 7 simply because some people will be put off with the time required, i will deff plat this the only reason i never did in disgaea 3 is that i got ylod and lost my save file that had 200 hrs on it amd i could not be arsed starting again, thank god i have cloud save with my ps+ as it cant happen again now :)

• 2 weeks later...

After snagging the Plat earlier today, I'm going with a 6 on this game.

Most of the trophies are pretty straightforward and easy enough to get (and many of them will come naturally as you play the game), but there's a few that will require quite the time investment.

Defeating Pringer X: Poison in the Land of Carnage isn't as bad as the trophy sounds, as even though there's eight of them, you only need to defeat one for the trophy to pop.

Collecting all items is a pain in the ass, but you don't need to collect all grades, just one of each kind is fine, but since the game keeps track, and there's only one missable item (you'd need a new cycle for it), you can do it at your own pace. You should be able to snag most of them from shops and from enemies bit by bit as you play thought the game.

Collecting all Pirate Ship parts is by far the worst trophy in the game. You'll get some of the parts from defeating ingame pirate crews in the Item World, but the majority of the parts will be obtained from disciplining captured enemies, than getting them to reveal the locations of treasures (which have the part). Be ready for 20-30 hours of this, with reloading >_<

To sum things up though, game isn't hard. Just very time consuming. I logged about 170 hours before snagging the plat. And I had most of the stuff done before that wonderful duping glitch was discovered and was doing it the "old" way, so that should help cut down on time for those that choose to use it.

Curse you Spoon and your ability to get the Platinum faster than us! *shake fist*

Really though, I'm close to the Platinum myself, just need to settle down and start Pirate Ship part hunting. Did you use the Japanese wiki for knowing the proper humanoids/monsters to discipline for their respective Ship parts? If not, it would be of great help to post your source of knowledge. The google-translated broken text is really unhelpful sometimes, and something more "english" lets say, lol, would be more useful.

Edit: One more question for you, Spoon, if you don't mind: when disciplining, did you find the Ship parts came faster or easier when the location of the treasure was in an X-Dimension map? I know with ship parts like the P Flonzor, it was pretty much required to find them in an X-Dim map, or else you'd wind up with relative junk. Just wanted to know before I go replaying the entirety of the X maps for no good reason.

Edited by Xan

I used the Japanese wiki for most of the pirate ship parts, as that's the best we're gonna get at this point in time.

I think there might be a few parts that only appear in the X-Dimension (like the Flonzer parts), but most of them show up on the regular maps as well. And even then if you do end up on an X-map, you can still get crap. It just boils down to luck.

I was capturing LV9999 mobs though, I believe the higher the level the better :p

You need to be capturing at least LV5000+ mobs anyway I think in order for them to give out (rarely) any of the 9 user slayer weapons in the game (which you need for your item collection). You can only hold one of each weapon though, no duplicates through normal means. They are Legendary only, so they should be easy to spot if you bust them out of a chest.

Anyhow, it's more bearable if you have high movement/jump and can just go bust the chest on the first time. Saves more time that way.

That's what my Armor Knight Neil and my Masked Hero Maverick are for. BAM.

I am absolutely nowhere near plat. Right now I'm trying to work up a Crowbar to perfect so that I can try to cheese 20mil in stats to get my last Evil Symbol, but the Team Ico collection drops today and with it goes my chances. I can't believe I messed up collecting base treasure chests, either, I could've sworn I was on that.

Sofar, it's been more frustrating a time plat than Sengoku BASARA or DW7, but that's just me. Gotta say though, it's rewarding as hell when you get your stats up to where you want them to be and you practically one-shot normal world Pringer X. There's a lot to know if you haven't played anything since Disgaea 1, and things like double-killing generals and slotting a weapon you're building with innocents to boost stat growth while leveling just plain wouldn't occur to me without outside input.

EDIT:

Well, I managed to get two of the three golds, and honestly I think that's the best I can do considering the huge time investment with regards to finishing the rest of everything. Skills is way too much time in chara world or exploiting some user maps I can't yet readily identify (plus I have to play the story all the way through again for one missable, not to mention those blasted base chests.) Maybe I'll pick this up later when a definitive guide with all the best shortcuts are available.

Edited by Maldron
Not making a second post, mostly.

Collecting all items is a pain in the ass, but you don't need to collect all grades, just one of each kind is fine, but since the game keeps track, and there's only one missable item (you'd need a new cycle for it), you can do it at your own pace. You should be able to snag most of them from shops and from enemies bit by bit as you play thought the game.

What is this one item, by chance? >_>

Yay, finally got it~

I voted 6. Without the duping glitch it's a 7-ish. While this game won't test how fast you move your fingers or make you break the controller(well, it might) it will test your patience - to the fullest sometimes. The amount of "research" that needs to be done in order to understand and uncover the game mechanics and secrets also adds to the difficulty imo, especially for new players.

Other than that, it all comes down to how much time you are willing to spend on it. You will need a lot. A LOT. Luckly for us this game is a blast!

Edited by komori kiri

• 2 weeks later...

8 cause it's a fairly time consuming platinum and you need to persevere again to get the platinum though as a rpg lover I'm used to that. The same score I gave 3 cause they're relatively the same though 4 asks a bit more then 3. Where the biggest hassle in 3 was finding those pirates and gearing up for them, 4 does that to and more since you need to collect all pirate ship parts and items.

Well, I definitely could've shaved of a lot more time if I wasn't wasting time raising some chars aptitudes and getting several lvl 300 rank 40 items but that's the charm of Disgaea and I have no regret wasting all that time on this spectacular game. I'm already wishing for a fifth installment.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted a 7. Everyone's comments about it a being a patient platinum is pretty spot on. Kind of comes with the territory of a RPG. "Just" have the pirate ship parts, fun/slayer weapons, and two more R39 to find/level up and am there. Also, no way I am going to play Disgaea 5 without duping like I am doing now. 150 hours is way too much time to still have so much left to do (although it does keep it interesting as I have to continually run for my life in the LoC item world)

Only got a few more things to get to get my platinum. Giving this a 7 just because of the dupe glitch and the maxed out pirates making it so much easier. Without both of these it would be an 8. You'll likely spend more time resetting the game than you will playing it to get your plat.

• 1 month later...

just platinumed D4 yesterday and am gonna give it an 8 simply because my luck was horrible either was it for slayer weapons or pirate ship showing up, i played almost 500 hr and i really enjoyed this amazing game to its limits i only played this much cause i wanted to make all my charecters reach 300% Apt and all of them equiped with R40 weapons & Trap's ;'D