Big Bang, Reincarnation, im stuck, and other questions!

Okay so first question:

1)How do i know if my character has the big bang ability, how and when can i get it, and please explain exactly what tiers are?

2)At what time should i reincarnate a player because im having trouble with the story, and what does absorbing have to do with reincarnation?

3)I started yesterday and was flying through the game up until level 4-2. How in the hell do i do this level? These monkey creatures with their guns and clones.... Its tooo much! So please help.

-My highest level characters are 32, 30, and 21 at the moment.

Edited by kandikenes

1) Hit :triangle: go to Special, then click the character. See if Big Bang is on the list of Specials possessed.

It's probably not on any of your characters. Go to Classroom, Homeroom with anybody, then Create New Character. Look for Martial Artist. If you only have one available, it's Fury Fatalist, which is tier one.

Fury Fatalist, Fight Artist, Champ of Fighters, Viper Fighter, etc.

You want to be able to make a Viper Fighter.

To level up in tiers, you have to level up the previous one to a certain level. Like the Fury Fatalist to something like 50-60, then the next tier unlocks so you make that character (Fight Artist) and level him up (Honor Student club works well). Forget about Fury Fatalist or the previous tier guys. You can even delete them, no probs. Keep doing that process until you get a Viper Fighter unlocked. Make that Viper Fighter guy and put him in the Robber Shop Club and have him steal mana from your most used guys, or use him a lot to get 4800 mana.

Once that's done, you go to the Evility Scholar and get your Viper Fighter to learn Big Bang. I don't think any characters start out with Big Bang. You gotta learn it. Then you can have Mao or whoever absorb that Viper Fighter and get it that way too.

2) Don't think about reincarnation until you are in your 1000s at least. If you can quickly get a character to 1000, you should consider reincarnation.

Absorbing is another thing. It costs 1000 mana to start absorbing; costs much more on top of that. You want to get Mao the Big Bang, right? well, you gotta figure that you're taking a lot of time and energy to get a Viper Fighter to get the Big Bang. By that time, your Viper Fighter is like lvl 50-60. It costs like 10x level worth of mana to absorb, so about 500 or so. well if you don't have much mana, you can reincarnate that Viper Fighter so he'll be back at lvl 1. 1 x 10 = 100 mana. just saves you some mana if you leveled him up too much.

3) get into item world and make something, even junk items into better items and get some xp.

Just a disclaimer: Some of this information from the PS3 version may not apply to the Vita version as I have noticed a few slight changes so take it with a grain of salt.

Okay so first question:

1)How do i know if my character has the big bang ability, how and when can i get it, and please explain exactly what tiers are?

Each generic class (and monster class) has 6 tiers of characters. Each tier is unlocked by leveling the previous tier to a certain level. In the case of the Martial Artist:

1. Fury Fatalist - Available from the start
  2. Fight Artist - Unlocked when the Fury Fatalist reaches level 15
  3. Champ of Fighters - Unlocked when the Fight Artist reaches level 40
  4. Viper Fighter - Unlocked when the Champ of Fighters reaches level 80
  5. Lethal Combatant - Unlocked when the Viper Fighter reaches level 160
  6. Boulevard Fighter - Unlocked when the Lethal Combatant reaches level 360

Higher tiers have access to more skills than lower tiers (to a certain point). Again, in the case of the Martial Artist:

1. Fury Fatalist - Triple Strike, Phantom Fists, Blazing Palm
  2. Fight Artist - Final Arts + all previous skills
  3. Champ of Fighters - Splitting Shot + all previous skills
  4. Viper Fighter - Big Bang + all previous skills
  5. Lethal Combatant - all previous skills
  6. Boulevard Fighter - all previous skills

2)At what time should i reincarnate a player because im having trouble with the story, and what does absorbing have to do with reincarnation?

If you're having trouble with the story, spend some time running through the lower tier items in the Item World. Not only can you collect some innocents to buff up your regular items, you gain experience for the characters you use a lot. You can also run through as many levels as you can handle of the weapons you use the most to increase their stats. After that, any item that contains a Professional (such as the Nail Bat) is my recommendation as a stack of 100 Professionals gives 100% to critical attacks so the sooner you have a stack of those, the better your damage will be. After that, focus on the innocents that boost the FX listed for the skills of the characters you use the most. Fist fighters focus on speed (Coaches) and attack (Gladiators). If you find a Manager early on, you should snatch that up as it increases your Mana gained and can be helpful when you start spending a lot on learning skills, etc.

Reincarnation shouldn't be a priority until you can easily level your characters and have access to the class world. You can enter the class world a limited number of times during each incarnation and each reincarnation gets more and more expensive in terms of mana so you want to wait until you can get the full benefit. At the beginning of the game, it is often better to just create a new character to access higher tiers than it is to reincarnate.

Absorbing is a new feature for the Vita version, so I'm not quite as familiar with it yet, but it seems as though it is a way of teaching skills of one character type to other characters. In the PS3 version, you could use a trip through the class world to teach skills to other characters (who are assigned to the same club) but it used up one of your trips and cost 10x mana of the regular cost of learning the skill. When you can level characters quickly, absorbing is probably more efficient.

3)I started yesterday and was flying through the game up until level 4-2. How in the hell do i do this level? These monkey creatures with their guns and clones.... Its tooo much! So please help.

-My highest level characters are 32, 30, and 21 at the moment.

I see you've already beaten this one, but I'll post it for anyone else who needs help. The key is to take out one or both geoblocks then attack the gunners without being in their direct line of sight. You'll have to tower throw a character over to the block(s), but they need to be strong enough to survive solo vs. the wolf guarding it.

Anyway, that's a huge wall of text, so I'll stop there. Hope that helps a little.

Edited by Evermeet