Rate the trophy difficulty  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.30

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Labartu

• 2 months later...

Yeah I'd really like to hear from more people.

It took me about 85 hours to get platinum. It's not difficult, just time consuming. There's a few that require a bit of luck (eg: good geo panel/block setup in the item/class world), but most just require grinding.

For my 2nd D3:AoD platinum Axel appeared actually more often than the cat god tower ... both can get you to despair. lol

What was your time? With enough knownledge u can fetch the platinum in under 40h. I got my 2nd with 34:00h on my savegame and additional 3-5h for reloading. :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

I gave this a 6/10. It's not very difficult, and having played the PS3-version definitely helped, but there's no question that this is a very time-consuming game and has a pretty steep learning curve (post-game especially). I had no trouble with the "luck"-based trophies, but I did struggle a bit with the CWCA and PE Teacher Destroyer trophies. This is a great game and I highly recommend it!

• 2 weeks later...

103 hours to plat ( probably would've been a lot less if i didn't goof off so much during the main story)

not a hard platinum but it is very very VERY time consuming.

10bill damage took a long time to obtain: lvl up a trap, RP the trap to get a R39 item, use the R39 item to get its R41 counterpart and lvl it up. and get the the proper innocents as well as duping the items.

Reverse pirating was not as bad if you just reloaded to an easy map.

Axel was gracious to me and appeared almost an hour after i got acarnagecologist trophy

(vato sword floor 97)

I give it a 5/10

Edited by Absolutebrawl3r

• 4 weeks later...

5 and I'm being really generous. By far the easiest Disgaea plat you can get so far. And experienced players who knows the in and outs of our beloved series can get this one really fast if they wish to. Kind of find it funny to see people moan about Axel, seriously go play 3 or 4 on PS3 and get all pirates... (before some people say there are no pirate trophies in 4, you need to meet every pirate for the pirate ship parts)

10bill damage took a long time to obtain: lvl up a trap, RP the trap to get a R39 item, use the R39 item to get its R41 counterpart and lvl it up. and get the the proper innocents as well as duping the items.

It's not even that much work tbh. All you need is one 500 guardian innocent on three perfect traps. You can perfect a trap by gencieng out at lvl 100 and killing the item God over and over till it stats hit 1.433 519 (max stats for any item) since my Laharl does over 1.25 billion damage with 3 perfect traps + 500 guardian innocent + weakest sword in game + 1 cheerleader who casted braveheart on him and Sapphire next to him. Which is enough if you take him then to class world and have him kill hero prinny's drop out with the evility 10x damage.

Edited by mugiwara84

• 4 weeks later...

I voted a 7. The game can get pretty challenging both on the Eryngi Baal and the true Baal fights and the amount of grinding necessary is just too much to the average player. I haven't gotten the platinum yet but almost got it on the ps3 and on the psvita. Even with a lot of time, if the player doesn't know what to do, it can turn out to be hard to acomplish the platinum so it's better for newcomers to look somewhere for basic info like reincarnation and such when they reach the post-game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just gotten my (P) yesterday! :D

http://distilleryimage7.instagram.com/f3f465d8273711e282b422000a1faf0f_7.jpg

Just want to say thanks to this site and the guide created, I relied heavily on it for this!

I vote a 5 for difficulty.

Its mainly a grind fest if you want the plat, it's easily achievable if you could have the patience for it.

My last trophy was finding Axel, it took me probably more than 3 hours of reload and I finally found him on the 99th level in the Item World.

So yea..ultimately, if you got the patience for it, the platinum is already yours. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Voted a '6'. It's not that the game is hard at all, other than doing the research to properly powerlevel your character(s) and items to save dozens of hours you'd have spent powering up otherwise. A few semi-challenging ones if you didn't use the roadmap (the toss/receive, 10 billion damage, etc.)

• 4 months later...

Voted an 8.

This was my first Disgaea game I played and the trophies where confusing before reading a guide.

And the system of Item World, duping, magichange, and such to get items you want, took a long to get a hang of.

Platinum was earned at 135 hours game time (+10 hours restarting when needed) and I have probably spent 5-10 hours googling for solutions when I was at a loss of what to do next.

I felt the trophy guide was written for more experienced disgaea players and following it made me spend a lot of extra time compared to my (partly) own final solution to get tera damage.

Great game though!

• 2 months later...

I've clocked in at 103 hours but I'd say about 15 hours were just idling listening to the awesome music and most of my actual playtime was spent messing around enjoying the game. I hadn't even looked at the trophy list until recently so I'm just missing a few easy ones that weren't in the PS3 version.

I'm leaning towards a 3.5 for this. The game is a lot easier than its PS3 counterpart due to all of the additional content. You can get a Trapezohedron easily during the postgame scenarios and there's a new feature to repeatedly kill an Item God while still getting stat boosts for an item. Just steal a Trapezohedron, max out the stats and grab a few Guardians then it's just a matter of duping the thing to high heaven.

No issues with the random Mystery Room trophies here. I just went through the Item World as usual and I got my last one (Axel) while in the middle of getting my Rank 40 sword, and I want and have yet to get, all Rank 41s, so I still have a bit to go even after getting this platinum...

EDIT: Oh, and since people hate looking for Axel, here's a pic just for you guys :p

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/greenzsaber-albums-random-stuff-picture32648-disgaea-3-absence-detention-1.jpg

Edited by greenzsaber

• 2 months later...

3/10. I'm familiar with the Disgaea series so I knew what I had to do to get the best equipment. Also, having Raspberyl mode included made it super easy since you can steal a rarity 0 Trapezohedron from the last level in it and this allows you to beat Tyrant Baal without even touching the Land of Carnage. I only needed to go into the LoC to get the item world level 100 trophy. Took me 60 hours to get the platinum with ~5 hours of resetting for duping and Axel.

• 3 months later...

A 6 for me. Anyone not already very familiar with typical Disgaea mechanics and post-game grinding will be in for a lengthy, bumpy ride. Not so much a matter of if you'll get the plat, but just when. Research a lot and try multitask and accomplish multiple goals when grinding and duping!

• 4 months later...