Feeling really stuck on what to do next (working on platinum)

I've been reading up on different guides but I'm feeling lost and stuck on my quest to the platinum.

I'm level 4500 or so on Mao and a thief, and I have all the extra story characters up to Laharl and gang. I have access to the land of carnage. I am trying to get all the pirate trophies now... I only have garden pirates left (not counting LoC ones of course)

But I don't even know where to begin next. I find it all comes down to getting to the next power level stage. I can't take on the LoC stages though. I need better items but I need to be stronger.

I'm lost here. Any advice on what to tackle next?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so now I have 3 level 180 Legendary Testaments and am now level 9999 (for the 3rd time) as Mao.

I need to beat the Baal Pirates, 10 Gents, and the Prinny Pirates along with other miscellaneous trophies that shouldn't be too difficult.

I can't seem to beat much in LoC and nothing seems to be giving me better weapons either. I have a fist weapon on Mao (Three Year Kill?) that I'm in the process of leveling to 100.

I'm just really confused how to get to the point that I can kill Baal and the other pirates at this point.

I tried capturing monsters like the roadmap says but level 9800 monsters that I know I have/can unlock destroy the base panel every single time with everyone but my level 1 character who is throwing him in. Or does Mao need to be the one throwing them in?

In any case, I'll level up Mao's weapon in the meantime. I hope this board is still fairly active despite the exciting Sony E3 conference.

Have you done item duping and all that to max innocents? I just started playing this game again to get my platinum, but I have already duped many times and have maxed my innocents. The innocents are one of the most important parts because they increase your items power substantially, much more than leveling the item actually. I definitely recommend leveling the item, don't get me wrong, but heading to the class world and duping your innocents is really where it's at. This is also how you increase you characters base stats. This game is very overwhelming when you get to this point. I must have read a guide 25+ times before I really started to understand what to do. I'd reverse pirate until you get at least one statician. thats when ypur going to head to the class world and dupe any item you'd like and make sure the statician in in that item. in the process pick a character you want to improve because killing thier class dropout will improve thier stats and make sure this character is reincarnated to a low level to make class world a breeze. Once you max an items staticians (8x300) you can dupe it (get 4 sets of these) and equip any character with 4 items (holding the 8x300) and they will get to level 9999 in a matter of 5 minutes. this process will take a few hours but then you can power level with ease. If you haven't done this, this is where I'd go if I were you. Read a guide on how to obtain a statician by reverse pirating and you should be good.

I have 21 level 300 staticians and 4 level 19998 gladiators. Should I get a ton of gladiators to replace the staticians?

Feeling kind of overwhelmed. All this work to get to this point now I'm so close yet so far to the platinum

I'd work towards getting some more gladiators to increase your power output. I know what you mean on getting overwhelmed by trying to get the platinum. This game takes a lot of detication to get there. You may want to consider getting a bunch of the other innocents up as well so you can have well rounded characters to go along with you damage dealers.

I have 21 level 300 staticians and 4 level 19998 gladiators. Should I get a ton of gladiators to replace the staticians?

Feeling kind of overwhelmed. All this work to get to this point now I'm so close yet so far to the platinum

Sorry for the late response, don't visit this section that much anymore. It's normal to feel overwhelmed. Disgaea 3 is a duping nightmare with the amount of duping you need to do and sadly it doesn't come with an easy trick like Disgaea 4.

Staticians are only good for one thing. Leveling! So yeah, get 7 testaments with 8x 19998 gladiators each and one Testament with 500 gaurdians + 7x 19998 gladiators or sprinters if you want to optimize your character.

And of course a rank 40 weapon with specified 300 accumulator (i.e. fencer for swords, fist fighter for fist weapon) + 7x 19998 gladiators. That 300 accumulator since it multiplies your damage & accuracy output by 300.

And I can understand that you don't want to deck out all your characters with fully maxed gear. It takes tens of hours to do that and you only really need one character. Just have one optimized character and use the invincibility panel trick though there's of course a big chance there isn't one so if that's the case just lift him each time with another character to end your turn. That way the enemy only kills the one whose lifting and your optimized character will survive another turn. And since an optimized character can kill every character in one hit you'll be able to clear every pirate.

Edited by mugiwara84

In one of the saphire/almaz extra maps you fight mao, two skulls and two of those flaming guys (chaos soldier? Idk)

Any way, you can steal three traps there, then just lose on purpose an repeat, you can get several rarity zero traps in one hour... this save me LOTS of time

Then you just level the traps, put innocents in them, dupe and dupe, then just reverse pirate a bit looking for the ultimus gloves... its downhill from there

I you want, i'll check on my vita the map name, i am not at hone right now

:D

Thanks for the responses. I would love to get the traps the easiest way possible, so I'll buy whatever DLC map I need to.

I'm working on duping more gladiators, I have a 500 guardian now too.

Working on getting a rank 40 weapon... I'm on floor 99 of the rank 39 weapon I have but I'm dying before I can even move on while in LoC

Luckily I have The Last of Us, which is a nice change of pace from constantly reloading data

there,

Battle for the Test>Test Return War>Bloody Impulse here you can steal your traps, those will give a lot of power :D guys there are about lvl 2000 and mao is 2400

can´t move? do you have some runners? most time you can just pretty much fly to the god guy with the rank40 stufff:cool:

i just kicked tyrant baal´s ass, CWCA and finding axel keeps me away from plat this madness lol :dance: :dance:

• 1 year later...

I'm right about at the same point. I've unlocked the LoC, but haven't really done anything in terms of Innocents except for getting the 8 level 300 statisticians. I have Mao and a Thief at level 9999 and I've unlocked every trophy except for

- Go through floors 1- 100 floors of an item in the Land of Carnage

- Defeat the Prinny Pirates

- Defeat the 10 Gents Pirates

- Defeat the Baal Pirates

- See over 10 billion damage

Just trying to figure out what needs to be done to achieve these last 5 and what the best way to go about it would be.