Class advancement/tier guide?

Each type of class/monster will eventually unlock a better version of that class/monster. I assume each requirement is a certain level.

Does anyone know where I can find a chart or a list of all the available classes and their progression?

I've looked all over and have came up with only specific examples.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Section (5.7):

[begin snippet]

5.7 Character Classes [REF5700]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To summarize the different classes, I have listed the unlocking requirements

and tier progression requirements for each class. As an example, any

character that belongs to a default class will have the following tier

progression structure:

Tier 1 - meet prerequisites and pass the appropriate topic if applicable

Tier 2 - level up a tier 1 character to Lv15

Tier 3 - level up a tier 2 character to Lv40

Tier 4 - level up a tier 3 character to Lv80

Tier 5 - level up a tier 4 character to Lv160

Tier 6 - level up a tier 5 character to Lv360

[snip, snip]

Masked Hero (Lv45 Gunner/Gunslinger and Thief) - 50 / 110 / 220 / 440 / 880

Chaos Soldier (be on 2nd cycle or higher) - 80 / 180 / 360 / 720 / 1440

[end snippet]

Excellent! That is exactly what I was looking for. I scanned over that guide a few times, but must have overlooked that whole section.

Thanks a lot!!

Ehou your warning to trophy hunters made me laugh. thankfully ive been a fan of disgaea since 1, so i already had a save with LoC captures with stats in the 30 millions. made it all rather easy going through a low rank item.

still i personally think disgaea 1 although shorter with slightly less to do was a better game with a more involving story/main characters. not to mention there are some other tactics rpgs out there that share a mix of involving stories and good combat systems, and lots to do. still alot of them are more based on the person than the game itself.

my opinion on the genre (having played ALOT of tactics games) is that it comes down to personal preference. front mission 3 was my personal favourite. ive put in over 400 hours on it on one of my saves (over the years of course). then its disgaea 1 followed closely by stella deus. id agree its the best tactics game on ps3, but its pretty much the only one on ps3 so thats not really that impressive. as far as of the genre i think you cant really just say its one of the best. even if you ask alot of people theres some gems out there that very few people play that would be ignored.

im still waiting to play the fire emblem games on gamecube and wii though, they looked pretty interesting although as with any fire emblem game lacking replay value (they tend to be a case of walking through the story and then not really needing to ever be played again).

Ehou your warning to trophy hunters made me laugh. thankfully ive been a fan of disgaea since 1, so i already had a save with LoC captures with stats in the 30 millions. made it all rather easy going through a low rank item.

Heh, thanks. The trophies scare me but thankfully it's a good game.

still i personally think disgaea 1 although shorter with slightly less to do was a better game with a more involving story/main characters. not to mention there are some other tactics rpgs out there that share a mix of involving stories and good combat systems, and lots to do. still alot of them are more based on the person than the game itself.

my opinion on the genre (having played ALOT of tactics games) is that it comes down to personal preference. front mission 3 was my personal favourite. ive put in over 400 hours on it on one of my saves (over the years of course). then its disgaea 1 followed closely by stella deus. id agree its the best tactics game on ps3, but its pretty much the only one on ps3 so thats not really that impressive. as far as of the genre i think you cant really just say its one of the best. even if you ask alot of people theres some gems out there that very few people play that would be ignored.

im still waiting to play the fire emblem games on gamecube and wii though, they looked pretty interesting although as with any fire emblem game lacking replay value (they tend to be a case of walking through the story and then not really needing to ever be played again).

Nice. My memories of the original Disgaea 1 are faded, so I may not be giving it the credit it deserves (played through it on the original release early PS2). Among similar titles including Makai Kingdom, La Pucelle, Disgaea 2, Vandal Hearts (PSX), FF Tactics (PSX and GBA) - the one that wins out is still Disgaea 3 for me. It just blows me away. I'm staggered by the volume of game that's packed into this thing.

I've never played Stella Deus, but that sounds pretty nice. Probably have to look into it. The worst of the worst for me will always be Phantom Brave, I just couldn't stand it. Blech!

Ultimately as far as current generation consoles go (PS3, Wii, 360), Disgaea 3 is both the best and the only (?) game in the genre available. Even if it is just a PS2 game packed onto a BluRay disc for massive amounts of artwork, voiceover, effects and music data. :p