i need help with bribing

New to disgaea and I'm totally confused with so many of this game's mechanics... I'm trying to pass the house of ordeals but approval percentage is at 25% and I'm trying to bribe the reps but what I don't understand is if you have to bribe every single one of them even if they are the same reps.. like if you bribe on succubus to the point they approve.. does it affect all succubus or just that one succubus? And how do you know which reps will show up for the bill? and since you can only bribe with what you have in the item bag and there's a limit to how many items you can carry.. it's frustrating to me because i'm currently stuck and I leveled Mao to nearly 800 and a viper fighter to 500 since im following the gamefaqs walkthrough but dont know what to do after too

Edited by thelostkin

I too had this problem, and in the end I just passed that bill by force - this is probably the best option at this point since you want the HoO open ASAP.

To make this easier, keep reloading until you have a very powerful rep that votes in your favour, preferably the highest leveled rep present - you can just give him a load of bribes if you want to speed things up. Now when you go to fight them all, he'll still be friendly. You can then just throw other enemy reps into him, once they're at a slightly lower level than he is, they'll die, and he'll level up. Try to throw the more dangerous, high level reps into him, but like I say make sure they're at a slightly lower level than he is. Also make sure you don't hit him accidentally with any AoE attacks, if you do he'll turn hostile and flatten you. You should be able to deal with any straggling lower level reps then once you throw the most dangerous ones into the big guy.

Yeah I spent a few hours trying to bribe, only to find out it was pretty much as waste of time. In the end it is quicker and easier to pass the bills by force.

With your example for succubus, your bribes will only affect the mood of that one succubus. You have to repeat bribes for everyone.

Early in the game you may not be strong enough to flat out kill the enemies. If this is the case then the best way to pass bills is to by forcing the bill but combining the Yay with Nay monsters until you have all Yay's. Let's say a level 100 rep voted Yay but everyone else voted nay. You can pick up that level 100 monster and throw it onto a lower level monster (let's say level 60)... the end result being the two monsters combining into a level 160 Yay. Keep combining your good/bad monsters together, and eventually your friendly will be fat enough to 'absorb' the level 1000+ monsters as well.