XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 AM   #11
Attack__Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity_Disaster View Post
25486214 ATTACK DMG LOL. Im buying this when it gets cheaper.
thats his attack stat. its like strength. the damage he does will be alot more (depending on your defence). ive hit 40 billion damage with a healer..... and i know people who can do 178 billion with one hit on a single target with the right setup.

id assume your not in america if its still expensive there, id advise imprting the american version. europes one doesnt have trophies and there is no sign it will as of yet. we also didnt get dlc.

also i guess more feedback would be reading your guide on unlocking the land of carage, and how you said it might be easier to capture a bunch of LoC characters rather than leveling your own..... why not mention the chicken hat capture trick. you get the chicken hat when you do 80% of the x-dimension missions, which is a few less than it takes to unlock LoC if i recall. it makes you invulnerable to physical damage on odd turns and magic on even turns. you can capture any enemy no matter how strong as long as whatever character you have the hat on is in the base panel and is capable of damaging the enemy by at least 1% of their max life per attack. when you throw a monster into the base panel to capture it, the turn technically doesnt change. this means the chicken hat will make you immune to a set type of damage for the whole 'simulated battle' that occurs. if the enemies ATK stat is higher than INT then the simulated battle only uses physical, so if you capture them on an odd turn they cannot win the simulated battle other than by default (if 100 simulated turns happen, or if you havent unlocked that tier/mao is lower level than monster). the reverse is true of INT, enemies only using magic damage if INT is higher than attack, making you able to easily capture them on even turns. in LoC you run in, grab a physical attacker with a thrower, then you take 1 person out of the base and do no action, throw the LoC character into the base. your chicken hat person will kill them. then you gency out with the person you made take no action. heal up and you can then equip the chicken hat on the LoC character and use it to capture multiple enemies a turn on your next run.

Last edited by Attack__Cat; 07-24-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Attack__Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #12
Blood_Runs_Cold

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Very nice guide. I was on my way to the Cross Edge forum, when I saw "Disgaea 3" I didn't even know they were going to add trophy support to this game!

Well, I guess I have a new reason to throw another 200 hours + into this game
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #13
Efrye

Very big thanks for the guide!
Somehow I never got into the rather complex game mechanics of the previous Disgaea titles, but with all this I think I'll finally give it a try. The poor game has been lying around here for months, and I didn't even take it out of the box yet...

Just one question: Is it possible to run through the game once and take care of the trophies later, or would I have to start from scratch in order to get them?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #14
Blood_Runs_Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
Very big thanks for the guide!
Somehow I never got into the rather complex game mechanics of the previous Disgaea titles, but with all this I think I'll finally give it a try. The poor game has been lying around here for months, and I didn't even take it out of the box yet...

Just one question: Is it possible to run through the game once and take care of the trophies later, or would I have to start from scratch in order to get them?

Actualy, it would be ALOT easier to get most of the trphies if you already went through the game and have some higher level characters. It would take a whole lot longer to get the trophies without leveled up characters already, so.......You are in good shape loading up your current characters.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
Efrye

Alright, I'll take it easy and just finish the main story first then - thanks for the answer.

I just thought there might be some missables or a point of no return later in the game or something, but from what I understand that's not the case here.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #16
UltimateKing21

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Extremely detailed guide, nice job.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #17
klondike

Very detailed guide great work
klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #18
breathofwater

If someone could make a youtube video of the "Receive 9, Move 60" trophy same with 4-20 that would be very much appreciated thanks.
breathofwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:29 AM   #19
bopp08

Thanks for the great guide.

Platinums (12) (Most Recent -> First): Sly Cooper 1 / Enslaved / Lego Harry Potter / Assassin's Creed 2 / LittleBigPlanet / Batman Arkham Asylum / Final Fantasy XIII / God of War II / God of War / Uncharted / NCAA Football 2010 / Infamous

PSN 100%s: Pac-Man, Deathspank
bopp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #20
Blood_Runs_Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathofwater View Post
If someone could make a youtube video of the "Receive 9, Move 60" trophy same with 4-20 that would be very much appreciated thanks.
I 2nd this request.