Rate the trophy difficulty.  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.37

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45
Updated average.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a Massively Difficult platinum. i was able to use my old save so i was able to get it in about 40-45 hours after the patch was released. with DLC i could of shaved off most of that. still its a 7 at least partly because you have to invest time getting finishing and unlocking things in order to get alot of the trophies.

ideally youd probably need at least 100 hours to get it from a clean start. its not very difficult however, and alot (the 3 pirate silvers) are primarily luck based. some people it takes them 30+ hours JUST to find them. still the strongest things the trophy requires you to actually beat arn't that strong. as long as you have dlc (i didnt) you can get every single trophy other than the pirates with a mediocre team, you probably wouldnt need to go over level 2000 with 5-6 characters. to put that in perspective by 140 hours in i could go from 1-2500 in a single battle that took no more than 20 seconds without even using the character i was leveling (meaning their strength/equipment meant nothing). took me under 10 minutes to go from level 1 to level 9999 without ever using the character.

p.s. anyone wants a hand with a trophy guide im more than willing to help out. probably better if you email me though (Im_in_the_nighthawks@hotmail.com). most trophies are pretty easy to write a guide for, and theres already some really good ones out there if you can get permission to reference them.

Gave it a 6. Easy enough, just time consuming. Sure there's a few tricky ones, but if you know what you're doing, not an issue.

I was very well prepared for this (my old save that I was allowed to use was probably around 150 hours with a lot of maxed Trapzohedrons and stuff, and even then the only really difficult Trophy I'd say is Reverse Viking (get all Innocents, Treasures, and the Level Sphere on the Ship while reverse pirating).

Got my Platinum the same day the patch came out :D Would've gotten it even faster if I knew you could just head for the gate while doing the item world trophies (I killed EVERYTHING).

Not a Massively Difficult platinum. i was able to use my old save so i was able to get it in about 40-45 hours after the patch was released. with DLC i could of shaved off most of that. still its a 7 at least partly because you have to invest time getting finishing and unlocking things in order to get alot of the trophies.

ideally youd probably need at least 100 hours to get it from a clean start. its not very difficult however, and alot (the 3 pirate silvers) are primarily luck based. some people it takes them 30+ hours JUST to find them. still the strongest things the trophy requires you to actually beat arn't that strong. as long as you have dlc (i didnt) you can get every single trophy other than the pirates with a mediocre team, you probably wouldnt need to go over level 2000 with 5-6 characters. to put that in perspective by 140 hours in i could go from 1-2500 in a single battle that took no more than 20 seconds without even using the character i was leveling (meaning their strength/equipment meant nothing). took me under 10 minutes to go from level 1 to level 9999 without ever using the character.

p.s. anyone wants a hand with a trophy guide im more than willing to help out. probably better if you email me though (Im_in_the_nighthawks@hotmail.com). most trophies are pretty easy to write a guide for, and theres already some really good ones out there if you can get permission to reference them.

Don't understand, what's so good about the DLC?

This is one ballsy platinum. The time taking to platinum is immense, quite possibly one of the top five longest platinum trophies to obtain. While the game is fun the trophies could take a very long time to get and will be a true test of your commitment.

Most of the trophies are obtained in the post game and in addition to that the majority of them are only gotten through some luck. There are only a few trophies in the game that are even easy to get! When you finish all of the luck based and easy trophies, you have your most daunting task, the hard trophies. You have to make it through so many different levels of battle, so much leveling, so many item worlds just to level up... This is one hard platinum.

Can I use these DLC characters right from the beginning?

I only have Gordon/Jennifer/Thursday pack and the Dragon/Mid-Boss/Action Prinny pack.

You can make a dragon right off the bat, but the rest you cant use until you defeat them. They will be under "recruiting" in the dimension gate.

You have to beat them all before using. (i think Gordon joins w/o a fight.) They ae level 100 and have some great equipment, which, of course, isnt included when you gain them.

• 3 weeks later...

Action Prinny's best attribute is his evility that grants him +50% evade, but makes him take 10X damage. basically this is the cheap way to the 10 billion trophy because Baal in the land of carnage with braveheart cast on him will do over 10 bill to him. the one where he doesn't die but returns to the base panel with 1 hp is useful, but everytime he dies it counts as one guy out of your 10, so you could do the same thing by making a bunch of crappy character and marching them out there to their deaths, if you were just using him to wait for pirates.

by the way i gave this an 8, extremely time consuming and half of the trophies are chance based (pirates), plus several others take FOREVER to set up (reverse trophies, counters, block combos, etc.).

Edited by Niktaw

Even though this game takes little to no dexterity, it does require a lot of skill. Getting to the point where you actually can start getting trophies is really hard and extremely time consuming. If you have an old save file that has leveled up characters, this makes the process (much) easier. Once you've managed to get your characters leveled up, you then have to cross your fingers and hope you get really lucky and encounter (and beat) a ton of pirates. Finally, there's the reverse pirating trophies, which are the most thought provoking trophies I've encountered to date. All of these reasons are why I gave this game a 9.

Even though this game takes little to no dexterity, it does require a lot of skill. Getting to the point where you actually can start getting trophies is really hard and extremely time consuming. If you have an old save file that has leveled up characters, this makes the process (much) easier. Once you've managed to get your characters leveled up, you then have to cross your fingers and hope you get really lucky and encounter (and beat) a ton of pirates. Finally, there's the reverse pirating trophies, which are the most thought provoking trophies I've encountered to date. All of these reasons are why I gave this game a 9.

Think I'll give up on this Plat then, only thing I hate more than multiplayer trophies is luck-based trophies.

Geez I thought the platinum would have been a straight forward affair but looking at Cauchy's description, it looks anything but it.

Yeah, the trophies are "not for the weak of heart" or whatever the trophy guide guy commented in the separate thread. I'm presently at over 125hrs played, have all 9999 level characters and am farming for a rank 40 weapon. Despite all of this, I have only accumulated a pathetic 37% of the trophies. Hard times.

Disgaea 3 is fantastic, but unless you're particularly hardcore - stay away from trophy hunting this thing. It's as bad if not WORSE then described.

• 2 weeks later...
Rate the trophy difficulty.

Voting Guidelines

1. DO NOT rate a game unless you have actually played it. Don't place a vote based on how the trophies look. Remember, everyone thought "Mirror's Edge" would be easy based on how the trophies looked.

2. Don't rate a game unless you've put some time into it.

3. Remember, time consuming does not always equal difficult. "Warhawk" is time consuming and difficult. "Resistance 2" is time consuming, but not difficult at all.

4. Vote honestly.

Average rating: 7.7/10

In response to the guidelines above, specifically item #3 (in red text) ...

I strongly disagree /w this lines application to Disgaea 3. I have only one trophy remaining ( Reverse Viking trophy) and have clocked over 170hrs+ onto the game time. As a counter-example, Bionic Commando (retail) was certainly a much more difficult game, but it only took a cumulative ~30hrs or less to plat.

Part of Disgaea 3's difficulty comes from:

1. A massive amount of content and complexity that requires ~150hrs+ to master.
  2. The sheer randomness of some encounters (Baal/Prinny/10Gents) that are beyond your control as a player.

I would rate this game as a 9.0 in terms of Platinum difficulty. This is reflected in the extremely low % of people that actually have it. There are much more difficult games that will require a fraction of the time expenditure; but an extremely few games hold a candle to the dedication Disgaea 3 requires for Plat.

There's a reason why so few people have Plat'd this thing. It's relentless, massive and downright serious business.

• 2 weeks later...
In response to the guidelines above, specifically item #3 (in red text) ...

I strongly disagree /w this lines application to Disgaea 3. I have only one trophy remaining ( Reverse Viking trophy) and have clocked over 170hrs+ onto the game time. As a counter-example, Bionic Commando (retail) was certainly a much more difficult game, but it only took a cumulative ~30hrs or less to plat.

Part of Disgaea 3's difficulty comes from:

1. A massive amount of content and complexity that requires ~150hrs+ to master.
  2. The sheer randomness of some encounters (Baal/Prinny/10Gents) that are beyond your control as a player.

I would rate this game as a 9.0 in terms of Platinum difficulty. This is reflected in the extremely low % of people that actually have it. There are much more difficult games that will require a fraction of the time expenditure; but an extremely few games hold a candle to the dedication Disgaea 3 requires for Plat.

There's a reason why so few people have Plat'd this thing. It's relentless, massive and downright serious business.

I agree 100%. I voted 10/10. Without a doubt, the hardest Platinum I have ran across.

It took me 2 months, and about 200 hours to 100%. In that time I probably could have gotten quite a few other plats.

Absolutely stoked I am done with this. I am proud to be one of few to have earned this. Now, back to trophy spamming. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just platinumed this game very recently and looking back at the time and effort I gave to this game, I would give it a 8 difficulty. For me, a 10 is incredibly time consuming AND requires incredible skill. 9 is rather time consuming and requires good skills. And then 8, is time consuming but not much skill needed or not time consuming but requires skill.

Disgaea 3 is time consuming(my save file states 148 hrs but I likely spent an extra 15-20hrs) but does not require much skill to platinum. Sure you need a lot of knowledge about how to get those pirate trophies but its mostly just loading and then reloading and waiting for the pirates to show up. That is why I gave this game a 8.

A very enjoyable platinum:)

I finally got the platinum trophy today. I have just over 200 hours (I didn't spend every single second trying to get trophies) game time saved, and who knows how many hours resetting for various reasons. It is absolutely not as difficult as it may seem. None of the trophies themselves really take any skill to get. I was worried about Reverse Viking, but it turned out to be a piece of cake once I knew what I was doing. The Baal and Prinny pirates were destroyed easily with just one character that had a perfect rank 40 weapon and three perfect Trapezohedrons.

Now, although I agree that just because something is time consuming, doesn't mean it's difficult, I think the time it all takes should add a bit to the rating. All in all, I will give it a 7. No diffiicult trophies, but it definitely will take some time.

I agree that this game should be no less than a 9. For all of you who had a massive jump on someone who is just starting (and the opportunity to abuse the HELL out of patch 2.0 I might add..) it isn't very fair to rate the game so low. The amount of time, research, commitment, understanding, and patience required to get this plat takes a special breed of player for sure. It may not require direct game skills to acquire but it sure as hell requires a mastery of most if not all of the skills just listed. Sure you don't have to do some crazy pistol shot and hold your breath praying it strikes him in the head.. but you do need to develope an understanding far beyond most any other game you will ever play. Duping alone in this game will take people post 2.0 days to get the items they want. I've personally gone 3 class runs with no drop outs before. Just my 2 cents that this plat is among the most elite to obtain.