It took 3 years...damn you pirates!

Disgaea 3 was the first game I played when trophies were added to the PS3 and the game was patched to support them. I resumed my old save file from when the game was new, and started the process of true powerleveling, class world grinding, and pirate grinding. Over 100 hours of gametime, followed by quitting for 2 years with only 4 trophies left: 10 Gents, Baal Pirates, Prinny Pirates, and Trophy Shop Trophy!

I grabbed a Vita last month and just had to have portable Disgaea 3. I haven't platinumed it yet, but it got me to finally reload my old save. About 15 hours later and I finally have the Platinum I always wanted.

It really is funny how the random function works in Disgaea 3. I spent at least 15 hours searching for those last 3 pirates between the time I stopped in 2009 and the time I spent this week. Yet all 3 pirates and the Trophy Shop were done in the same hour. I even got the Baal Pirates to show up on back to back floors!

Now...on to the PS Vita version. Good thing it doesn't require the same pirate kill trophies :).

Edited by Eleuthria

• 3 months later...

I know about that, Disgaea 3 has been in my backlog since 2010. Just need to find Baal Pirates and knock off the other random trophies (easy, throw and recive, combo, counter, reverse pirating, most of them just take a couple of minutes)

Now that I know we're going to get Disgaea 3 for Vita I'm going to give it another try before we get that one

Hope I run with the same luck as you

• 3 months later...
I know about that, Disgaea 3 has been in my backlog since 2010. Just need to find Baal Pirates and knock off the other random trophies (easy, throw and recive, combo, counter, reverse pirating, most of them just take a couple of minutes)

Now that I know we're going to get Disgaea 3 for Vita I'm going to give it another try before we get that one

Hope I run with the same luck as you

I found Baal pirates in 30 min by having 7 member in PPP. You should try it!

• 10 months later...

I started pirates just today...I have every trophy, even 10b Damage and Reverse Viking, except the three silver pirates. Even being this close, they might break me. I spent a solid 7 hours running floors 92-99 in the LoC IW, with 7/7 PPP, and didn't see a single one. I've found the Trophy Shop 2 times today (3 times total), the Cat God tower 3 times today (5 total), the Trophy Shop twice today (3 total), and Axel has shown up like 4 or 5 times total. But no Baal, no Prinny, no Gents. Why's the rate gotta be so obnoxiously low? :whiteflag:

Edited by AlmostUnsane

I started pirates just today...I have every trophy, even 10b Damage and Reverse Viking, except the three silver pirates. Even being this close, they might break me. I spent a solid 7 hours running floors 92-99 in the LoC IW, with 7/7 PPP, and didn't see a single one. I've found the Trophy Shop 2 times today (3 times total), the Cat God tower 3 times today (5 total), the Trophy Shop twice today (3 total), and Axel has shown up like 4 or 5 times total. But no Baal, no Prinny, no Gents. Why's the rate gotta be so obnoxiously low? :whiteflag:

If it helps, pirates don't spawn on floors with a green gate and I don't think they spawn if there's a special zone or whatever they're called. Spawn in, wait one turn, and if they don't appear go to the gate. The only rare pirates were Baal, I found a lot of 10 gents and prinny pirates while looking for Baal.

If it helps, pirates don't spawn on floors with a green gate and I don't think they spawn if there's a special zone or whatever they're called. Spawn in, wait one turn, and if they don't appear go to the gate. The only rare pirates were Baal, I found a lot of 10 gents and prinny pirates while looking for Baal.

They can spawn on floors with Event Zones for sure, but I didn't know about Mystery Gates. I actually loaded it up to try some more today and got Baal Pirates on my first run, floor 95 of a legendary Paper Clothes. Was beginning to worry a Rank 1 item would be too weak, but apparently not...now for Gents and Prinny!

Edit: Not a half hour later, Prinnies popped...what changed from yesterday?

Edit 2: And there's 10 Gents. Funny how ranting on forums always seems to turn one's luck, huh?

Edited by AlmostUnsane

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...