End-Game Platinum Efficiency (Minimalism?) Guide

(Note: this guide assumes you've gotten, or know how to get, all leveling equipment including statisticians, etc. and will not cover anything of that sort as there is a plethora of information on the subject.)

What all your efforts in the end-game eventually culminate in is the ability to beat the Baal Pirates and cause 10-billion damage. If you have the ability to do those two things, you will have the ability to get all of the trophies! (Eh, except for the reverse pirating trophies, but those are rather easy. I used 3 x leg. Accelerators and a +1 move leg. weapon with all +move abilities = +19 move total..., but enough about that!) So let me tell you about what you really need as a true minimum to do those two things.

What you need:

• Rank 40 weapon (preferably fist, Cosmo Infinity, with +9 Big Bang)

+500 Guardian Innocents

+100 Professionals

(Two rank 40 weapons with shown innocents are recommended for general easiness, but not required.)

• 2 x Trapezohedron

+Pass THREE "More RES" bills (for 10-bil. damage)

No innocents required

(Three are recommended, but again, not necessary.)

• A very low rank legendary item.

I used a Tambourine (which I got from the level-sphere prinny) with enemies starting at lv. 2+. However, it is quite easy to get leg. items with enemies that start at lv. 4.

Optional (but recommended):

• Chicken Hat

You probably have this anyway from beating the X-Dimension levels. But use this to capture 4 uber enemies with high RES from the LoC item world (floor 90+) with all stronger enemy bills passed.

============

Okay, with this setup, all pirates will be a breeze. For me, in the 95th floor of the Tambourine LoC item world, the highest HP of the Baal pirates was 96.5-million HP. And so "Big Bang" wiped them up easily, doing 200M+ damage to each. So the real challenge was being able to do 10-billion damage....

I used Light-and-magic's awesome guide for this, found here.

The only thing I would add to that guide (if you want to get away with 2 x Trapezohedrons) is to stick Flonn in the "Comrade!" club, kill those 4 former enemies (now allies) you captured (optional, see above), and surround Flonn with them in the classroom seating so that she gets 10% of each of their stats. You may also want to consider reincarnating her 5-times to get the +25% aptitude for her RES stat.

Anyway, following Light-and-magic's guide, I was able to do 18.5-billion damage, but that was with 3 x Trapezohedrons (w/o any "More RES" bills passed; I did +3 Move).

============

For me, what was most frustrating was the whole duping process. So, I guess the whole goal of this guide is to do as little of that as possible, also with virtually no class world trips for aptitude gains. I hope that my experience might help you achieve the platinum easier and/or quicker. :)