general help needed

hi guys i need a bit of help.

i have only gotten into disgaea in the last few months(completed part 1 twice on psp just bought part 2 for psp and part 3 for ps3)

im at the first fight with a gent (where you have the exploding barrels in chapter 5) and im struggling.

i need help with just a few things.

1. where can i grind? i cant seem to see any obvious places like i could in disgaea 1(only mao seems to level fast for me)

2. wheres all the specials, when buying specials for mao i seem to be maxed at 3 sword specials with no more unlocking and im at level 75.

3. why cant i buy specials for my dragon?

4. should i be worried to much about grinding and the item world on my first play through?

my main objective for my first playthrough is to get to use the dlc i have bought and get laharl if i can first time.

any genaral hints and tips would be appreciated.

thanks guys (i have looked at trophy guide but it only talks about leveling later in the game)

EDIT :- also anyone recommend any similar games for psp go and ps3? (got vandal hearts and war of the lions is not on the go)

Edited by hayzink

to answer on your grind question. grind the house of ordeals. you need to grind the 4th map. on easiest difficult the 3th map al had level 300. i suggest you level up until 400. and beat the 3th map of house of ordeals. then its a piece of cake. try to make you have a very good weapon and most important. try to get big bang. you also have innocents (but that means you need to grind alot item world) that doubles your experience. also if you are in a corner (corner club or something) you gain 25 procent more experience.i had an 100 procent crit on my weapon. i was level 500. i was in the corner club. i becomed from level 500 to 560 if i cleared the 4th map. it only takes 15 seconds if you use big bang and have good weapon and innocents on your weapon. i gained 60 levels without experience innocents. i heard you can gain 200 levels easily if you got innocents. (item world)

thanks for the quick reply.

after reading a few more threads i think i understand the whole learn anothers skill thing to get mao big bang but who has big bang to begin with?

EDIT scrap that just seen it in another post seems i am a hell of a long way way from getting big bang :( good job im having fun playing this :)

Edited by hayzink

the first grind-stage appairs in 7-3, with passing bills for stronger enemies u can reach there lvl 500+. Dont know anymore on which lvl i finished the house of ordeal but I suppose is was around 700.

And dont bother with Laharl, cause the Disgaea 1 trio have each lvl 1500 and strike very very hard ;). Had 2 or 3 lvl 3000 with crappy equip if I recall recorrectly.

edit: the fist fighter on tier 5 or 6 can learn big bang for 4800 mana. After that u can inherit this skill. but only to those who sit in the same club u assigned.

edit2: grind stage 7-3 with 4 bills of stronger enemies so that the mushroomsheads are at lvl 99.

Edited by NomYacc

thanks for the help so far guys got to 7-3 and i have been leveling some guys got mao to over lvl325 how long should i keep going for?

House of Ordeals Stage 4 (ur next training-stage) has 3x3 enemies with around 35k-40k HP without passing bills for stronger foes. Just make sure u kill them most likely in one round. :)

Before I got there I had a tier 6 thief with bigbang, was a easy piece of cake :p

btw .. adell has a nice evility, called Mercy, for training others. When the enemy's level is lower than adell's u leave them with 1HP :)

just went through the class world with mao and tried to inherit skill from my fighting viper who is in the same club but when i got to floor 9 shop it said there was nothing to inherit.

he has big bang so why cant i get it?

im in same club and sat beside each other where am i going wrong?

what is the best way to get mao through the class world to get big bang? it was ok after i reincarnated him but i never had enough mana and now that i do he is a very high level.

as he is my second highest ranked character everyone just gets wiped out in the class world what do i do.

i thought if i get my tier 4 super hero guy up to a higher level than mao i could maybe just run through the class world with him and my tier 6 thief but i dont get any extra mana then.

seems like u have to reincarnate mao again .. and let him stay at lvl 1. Instead unlock the true robbershop (it's a club). u'll get this club if u clear stage 4 in House of Ordeal (HoO) and have 10k mana.

The members of this club will steal 100% mana of nearby seats :). So put mao in there then put him next to ur stage-clearer and grind HoO stage 4 until mao has 48k mana.

I already cleared HoO stage 4 over 1200 times lol xD

edit: may u should first clear stage 4 of HoO before u reincarnate mao if not done yet ^^

Edited by NomYacc