ACCURATE Number of Hours to Platinum (Guide is WAY Wrong)!

DeputyVinny

I was browsing through this website looking for a quick racing game to get my fix. I did not want a long platinum because I have several in the waiting. I saw this guide and thought, "Great 20-25 hours, I'll have it done in a few days."

This time frame could not have been more misleading.

I have NO IDEA where the road map and trophy guide creator got 20-25 hours from!

I have noticed that a lot of "total number of hours to platinum" on this website are consistently underestimated (but not like this).

The 100% ACCURATE amount of hours to platinum is between 100-125 hours (5X more than the road map says).

Trust me on this.

Edited by DeputyVinny

So, because YOU got the (P) in that amount of time, it's the ACCURATE time frame? :rolleyes:

No. There are many factors when determining the amount of time to (P) the game. Skill is probably the most important one. If you're not skilled in racing games, you'll most likely take a longer time to complete the game.

For example, I've probably gotten the majority of the trophies in 10 hours of play time or less. That's because I've played previous DiRT games and am pretty skilled at racing games.

Also, your definition of time it takes to (P) a game might be different that what others think.

jmmowen: "For example, I've probably gotten the majority of the trophies in 10 hours of play time or less. That's because I've played previous DiRT games and am pretty skilled at racing games."

This is the problem right here....people get the majority of trophies and think....ok 20-25 hours since I got the majority....haha

I challenge you to platinum this game and THEN give me some crap on my estimated times.

You will change your tune once you are getting 300-500 points each 5 minute game online and have to get a total of 250,000!! (oh and the points add up fast right away, so don't think you are gonna get it so quick)

P.S. I am skilled at racing games too.....pretty much all games for that matter.

Edited by DeputyVinny

• 2 months later...

You have NO IDEA, seriously? Well you seem to be forgetting that when i wrote this guide the online servers were still full and you got way more XP, probably 5 times as much too. So yeah, now that the servers are deserted i can imagine it taking a lot longer but still 100 to 125 hours sounds a little over exaggerated. If a few more people can give feedback on how long it should take now i can change it in the guide accordingly.

Edited by Robinworldwide

• 4 weeks later...