It' A long grind to fanbase 30!

ROOSTIN

The rubber band and private lobby will be your best friends.

Still took 24 hours of straight boosting with a group of 6 to go from ~ level 16 to level 29.

Brutal online. Needs bonus XP fast. Was fun for the first 10 hours, then became boring and repetitive.

I will probably avoid DiRT 4 if it is like this.

• 4 weeks later...
The rubber band and private lobby will be your best friends.

Still took 24 hours of straight boosting with a group of 6 to go from ~ level 16 to level 29.

Brutal online. Needs bonus XP fast. Was fun for the first 10 hours, then became boring and repetitive.

I will probably avoid DiRT 4 if it is like this.

I'll never know how my Internet lasted for 24 hours straight without disconnecting, it's almost like it knew. I'll always remember checking it, going out for a few hours, coming back and thinking 'Jesus, that's still going?' haha!

Main problem is that online is so DEAD :( at this time there i write this no one is online, and boosting thread is almost dead too. So its quite hard to rubberband against yourself :|

I was rubbergrinding last 8hrs, one disconnection, and progress was from start of level 20 to near end of level 20. I have less than 100k fans, and requirement is 250k, so its going to take foreveeeeeeeeer, even if i play few hours per day on my own.

I would look for a boosting session, I did up to level 25 legit and when you are playing team matches it drives me insane when someone has put a lastic band around their controller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean by putting lastic band around the controller ?

What do you mean by putting lastic band around the controller ?

Going into a lobby and then keeping R2 pressed down by any means necessary. You will never get kicked for inactivity. Myself, I have never used the elastic band, I fold up some paper and wedge it in the gap near R1 when R2 is pressed down.

Going into a lobby and then keeping R2 pressed down by any means necessary. You will never get kicked for inactivity. Myself, I have never used the elastic band, I fold up some paper and wedge it in the gap near R1 when R2 is pressed down.

Oh ok thanks. Do you get a lot of xp for it?

I got level 30 in DiRT 2 legit so I should get it in this one.

Me too, that one was really easy, because there were those bonuses for doing donuts, jumping, drifting, etc... Showdown doesnt have any bonus, i just crossed halfway 129k of 250k needed, and have been boosting 40+hrs :mad:

Ok, thanks.

I got level 30 in DiRT 2 legit so I should get it in this one.

Like this guy says:

Me too, that one was really easy, because there were those bonuses for doing donuts, jumping, drifting, etc... Showdown doesnt have any bonus, i just crossed halfway 129k of 250k needed, and have been boosting 40+hrs :mad:

Dirt 2 was very easy, there were lost of bonuses etc. Dirt 3 was still fairly easy, but harder than Dirt 2. Dirt Showdown however takes the biscuit, if I remember rightly the maximum fanbase you can get is 1000 per race, which means you would have to come 1st in an 8 player lobby 250 times.

Dirt 2 was very easy, there were lost of bonuses etc. Dirt 3 was still fairly easy, but harder than Dirt 2. Dirt Showdown however takes the biscuit, if I remember rightly the maximum fanbase you can get is 1000 per race, which means you would have to come 1st in an 8 player lobby 250 times.

Atstart when you get underdog bonus, i got 1200 few times. I just calculated how long it takes if boosted in sessions where other drivers are racings, coming last gives 200 per race, so 1250 races :dance: , if avg round would be 4mins, it would take over 80hrs, plus all disconnections/server problems...

Sometimes i wonder why im a trophywhore, and second after that i continue :eek:

• 1 month later...

I am 42% through the trophy count on Dirt Showdown, and seriously debating leaving the Plat on this one, having read about the 30 hour plus online grind.

I've only just finished the Dirt 2 online grind to level 30, and the Motorstorm Apocalypse online grind, I'm not sure I can stomach another one...

It's becoming a familiar pattern. Easy career mode, and stupidly insane online requirements :mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok i got the Plat this weekend. I played legit online up to level 15, then boosted up to 30.

The elastic band on R2 with a group of 8 friends doing the same will net everyone in the group 800/1000 per race, and the server never kicked us out once. We left it running for about 36 hours straight. You must stay active so you will need an elastic band or tape to hold down R2 or you will lose connection.

We used the transporter game which last about 3 mins per race.

• 2 weeks later...
Main problem is that online is so DEAD :( at this time there i write this no one is online, and boosting thread is almost dead too. So its quite hard to rubberband against yourself :|

I was rubbergrinding last 8hrs, one disconnection, and progress was from start of level 20 to near end of level 20. I have less than 100k fans, and requirement is 250k, so its going to take foreveeeeeeeeer, even if i play few hours per day on my own.

I've just started playing today and the online has loads of players (I'm in the UK). Maybe try boosting with people contributing on here?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a theory about the rubber banding. Initially during a boost session yesterday, I got DC'd every hour or so, for the first four hours. However, now I've been boosting for 18+ straight hours with no DC'd.

For the rubber banding to work, you must have R2 held down all the way AND have your left analog held at a perfect right angle. Make sure you are not hitting any other buttons or are moving the right stick any.

The angle of the left analog stick and pressure applied to the R2 button seem to be vital for this to work.

I use 2 rubber bands, a thick one around the left analog stick that goes around the controller on to the R2 button and a second smaller rubber band that goes over the R2 button again to give it extra pressure, put on top inside of the R2 button and the controller to give it extra pressure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm level 14 and thought I was well under way but even though I'm almost half Way through the levels, I've only got about 40000 fans out of 250000 fans needed :(

We was a boosting group of 5 yesterday who boosted over night but we all got kicked using the rubberband method :think: I only got from level 11 to 13.