Showdown Showroom glitched

dw1986

Right, so I've scraped together enough money to buy the last car in the garage, but when I've bought it and exited the Showdown Tour, no trophy has popped. I waited almost 10 minutes, did an online race, did a Showdown Tour event in the final car I purchased, still nothing.

Has anybody else experienced this? I am not starting this all over again just to get one lousy trophy.

Right, so I've scraped together enough money to buy the last car in the garage, but when I've bought it and exited the Showdown Tour, no trophy has popped. I waited almost 10 minutes, did an online race, did a Showdown Tour event in the final car I purchased, still nothing.

Has anybody else experienced this? I am not starting this all over again just to get one lousy trophy.

You're the second person to report this now so i guess it's glitched. I'm gonna add it to the trophy guide!

The exact same thing happened to me. Other than deleting all game data i can not think of anything else to do (meaning i'll need another online pass) and sit through the online again to earn the money but i suppose buying all upgrades wouldnt be necessaary, just the cars themselves

You're that second person! :p

For the trophy you just need the cars, not the updates, so deleting the game data and playing through the offline part again should be enough for the trophy...although i can't assure you it will pop this time for you obviously.

I'll be that test rat Robin i'll take one for the team lol... i will need another online pass for the 2 cars Jackson Adventurer & Subaru Impreza WRX STI GD. I will keep you posted on the time and in game money required.

Make a backup on usb/psn+ before you buy your 30th car this time...might come in handy!

I'll be that test rat Robin i'll take one for the team lol... i will need another online pass for the 2 cars Jackson Adventurer & Subaru Impreza WRX STI GD. I will keep you posted on the time and in game money required.

I'm renting my copy, so bought an online pass off the store. I deleted my game data utility, re-installed, reactivated the online pass... still nothing.

I've even tried making changes to my profile. There's an option to create a new profile, but I'm assuming this wipes your previous progress and plops you back at the very beginning.

Oh well... doubt I'll be getting the platinum until some of the kinks are ironed out. Online is a major lag-fest... Codies really rushed this game, not like them to do that. Hopefully a patch is imminent

good idea, how long did the career take you? 1 question were there cars awarded for the Battersea & Yokohama missions

I completed the career in one night...if you put it on easy or medium difficulty you should win every event first try. There aren't any cars awarded for the joyride missions so you can leave those!

I'm renting my copy, so bought an online pass off the store. I deleted my game data utility, re-installed, reactivated the online pass... still nothing.

I've even tried making changes to my profile. There's an option to create a new profile, but I'm assuming this wipes your previous progress and plops you back at the very beginning.

Oh well... doubt I'll be getting the platinum until some of the kinks are ironed out. Online is a major lag-fest... Codies really rushed this game, not like them to do that. Hopefully a patch is imminent

But have you actually deleted your save file and played through it a second time? Not saying that it works, but that's what Rob suggests on trying! You really must have had bad luck, because i didn't experience a whole lot of lag online...

Edited by Robinworldwide

Right finally got Showdown Showroom resulting in the plat.

I deleted all data regarding Dirt Showdown then started afresh: Warning make sure you either have a usb stick to copy to before purchasing the final car or have reached level 30 online as that will be 1 step too far to repeat the long grind.

After re-doing the career i did the whole thing without an upgrade on easy/casual settings it took 8 hrs including load times and retrying. The total money you need to earn for all cars (without upgrading) is $817,100. The final car is the Titan which you'll buy for $72,500 after completing the final event

Good luck. This is the only glitch resolution i can think of but its possible as i have just done so.

Edited by Rob Madgwick
Info added

Right finally got Showdown Showroom resulting in the plat.

I deleted all data regarding Dirt Showdown then started afresh: Warning make sure you either have a usb stick to copy to before purchasing the final car or have reached level 30 online as that will be 1 step too far to repeat the long grind.

After re-doing the career i did the whole thing without an upgrade on easy/casual settings it took 8 hrs including load times and retrying. The total money you need to earn for all cars (without upgrading) is $817,100. The final car is the Titan which you'll buy for $72,500 after completing the final event

Good luck. This is the only glitch resolution i can think of but its possible as i have just done so.

Glad it worked out...congrats on the plat! :applause:

• 3 weeks later...
Warning make sure you either have a usb stick to copy to before purchasing the final car or have reached level 30 online as that will be 1 step too far to repeat the long grind.
Is Showdown Superstar gliched too ? :confused:

I need help with the trophy I make a backup in USB before buying the last car but the trophy dosen't pop . What should I do ?

Edit : I got the trophy I bought the last car in online maltiplayer and I got it .

It's important to make a backup before buying the last car .

Edited by Hasan51

I need help with the trophy I make a backup in USB before buying the last car but the trophy dosen't pop . What should I do ?
Other than reloading your backup there's nothing else to do but to start showdown tour all over from scratch.

Hasan its not too bad as i stated on the 1st page of this thread stating the time. Unless you are on a rental deadline i suppose, trust me its worth a go

I got the trophy , and I don't have to play the tour again .

I had a problem with "Gonna Need a Bigger Garage trophy". I had 23 cars and no trophy. I played the game on my friend's console. Copied the save file on USB and paste it on my PS3. As soon as I started the game, trophy blinged :)

In case that you bought 15th/30th car and the trophy didn't pop out for you, copy your save file to USB memory and delete the save file from your console. Then copy the save file back from USB memory to your console. It should pop out straight away. Re-install the game if needed, won't hurt.

Hope it helps.

Just to add my input on this. I had 24 cars, I saw that I had enough money to buy the last 6 so I did so, no trophy. It doesn't autosave when buying a car so I quit to XMB, started the game up again, bought the last 6, no trophy. I tried 3 more times this way, it never worked. I got pretty annoyed, and went to bed.

Next day, I decided I would copy my PS+ cloud save to my other PS3 and try to get it to pop on there instead. I went on my PS3 to upload the most recent save but I thought "while I am on here, I might try it one last time". Started the game, bought the last 6 cars, *ding* almost instantly.

What this proves is that the trophy is seemingly glitched at random :think: So back up your save and if it doesn't work, keep reloading and trying until it does.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After struggling to unlock this glitched trophy for the past 2 hours I finally found this post and did what someone else said.

I had a backup of my save with only one car left to purchase.

I went to multiplayer>online and purchased my last car online during the car selection screen.

It finally unlocked on the first try of doing this.

• 3 months later...
After struggling to unlock this glitched trophy for the past 2 hours I finally found this post and did what someone else said.

I had a backup of my save with only one car left to purchase.

I went to multiplayer>online and purchased my last car online during the car selection screen.

It finally unlocked on the first try of doing this.

spot on mate,could not get this trophy.tryed re-loading my save 15+ times,tryed it on my other ps3 aswell..still no joy,i couldnt get an online game,finally did get a online game,bought the car and ping got the trophy

sweet:applause:

• 3 weeks later...