[Petition] Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth for PSVita

I dout they will care to release this outside japan. I am supprised they even release the anime outside japan any more. Digimon is just no longer as popular as it once was outside japan. That's like asking to have .hack games outside japan any more.

Well Digimon Fusion does get a lot of viewers on Nicktoons and The CW. Digimon Data Squad is currently on Kabillion. Sure it doesn't get as many viewers as like say Digimon Digital Monsters(The 1st 2 Seasons), but it's still considered successful. But Cinedigm has also been releasing every episode on DVD and they wouldn't be doing that if the series isn't doing well because that is a lot of episodes to license. Normally I would be more surprised that there isn't more Digimon games getting localized, but this is Namco Bandai.

Edited by Shuffle

Never got in to Digimon (or Pokemon, or any other 'mon), but I signed anyways.
Pokemon is a pretty solid turn based RPG with a deep metagame. Don't let the cartoony monsters fool you.

Digimon has changed genres constantly. Usually has RPG mechanics but gameplay varies. The first four Digimon World games went like:

1. Animal rasing sim

2. Rougelike with 3v3 turn based

3. Adventure with turn based 1v1

4. Dungeon crawler

• 2 weeks later...
Well Digimon Fusion does get a lot of viewers on Nicktoons and The CW. Digimon Data Squad is currently on Kabillion. Sure it doesn't get as many viewers as like say Digimon Digital Monsters(The 1st 2 Seasons), but it's still considered successful. But Cinedigm has also been releasing every episode on DVD and they wouldn't be doing that if the series isn't doing well because that is a lot of episodes to license. Normally I would be more surprised that there isn't more Digimon games getting localized, but this is Namco Bandai.

Well just because the anime gets lot of viewers doesn't mean the games sell well any more. I mean I just take into account other franchises they do like .hack yes despite its popular they don't bother outside Japan take a lot of the gundam games yes some get localized but not ever single gundam game does. They didnt even bother to localize tales of vesperia on ps3 despite there are non Japanese fans of the series.

You also have to consider that they wouldn't even localize the 3ds game I think chances of them releasing the game on a system that sold even less is highly unlikely. They stopped releasing EU copies of Digimon games long ago. You also have to consider that everyone who signs the petition should be all from the same county as im sure there looking into how to local company came makes sames of the local product not the world wide fan base. Just because 50,000 people sign a petition doesnt meen 50,000 people will by the game some people will just never import game. I have even read several comments from what they say appears to be the eu manager or something saying they just wont care or even consider or talk about it withing the company unless they see a petition reach 50,000 people they said digimon isn't what it used to be and localizing just isnt as easy or some bs.

Well just because the anime gets lot of viewers doesn't mean the games sell well any more. I mean I just take into account other franchises they do like .hack yes despite its popular they don't bother outside Japan take a lot of the gundam games yes some get localized but not ever single gundam game does. They didnt even bother to localize tales of vesperia on ps3 despite there are non Japanese fans of the series.

You also have to consider that they wouldn't even localize the 3ds game I think chances of them releasing the game on a system that sold even less is highly unlikely. They stopped releasing EU copies of Digimon games long ago. You also have to consider that everyone who signs the petition should be all from the same county as im sure there looking into how to local company came makes sames of the local product not the world wide fan base. Just because 50,000 people sign a petition doesnt meen 50,000 people will by the game some people will just never import game. I have even read several comments from what they say appears to be the eu manager or something saying they just wont care or even consider or talk about it withing the company unless they see a petition reach 50,000 people they said digimon isn't what it used to be and localizing just isnt as easy or some bs.

Well the Gundam games we get localized these days are because of Tecmo Koei by making Dynasty Warriors Gundam titles. Namco on the other hand hasn't localized 1 of their own Gundam games since Crossfire for PS3 and MS Saga: A New Dawn for PS2. So it makes it seem like different Publisher, different views on what games should get localized and which ones won't. Of course DW Gundam is still Published by Namco but Developed by Tecmo Koei since it's DW afterall, so they seem to have more control over those games.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...