Digimon Cards trophy discussion

SSJ4_Haruhi

Hi y'all.

I plan to get this game on Saturday but I thought this thread would help people with the card collecting trophies. :hug:

I know that they appear in the story mode, but:

- Does the game tell you how many in total you have to get and have left to get.

- Are certain cards only in certain story levels or can you replay any story and the cards are different in each treasure box?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi y'all.

I plan to get this game on Saturday but I thought this thread would help people with the card collecting trophies. :hug:

I know that they appear in the story mode, but:

- Does the game tell you how many in total you have to get and have left to get.

- Are certain cards only in certain story levels or can you replay any story and the cards are different in each treasure box?

Yes you can go in menu to look and see how many you have left/needed.

Also yes there are certain story related cards but seems like you can farm as treasure chests will either give cards or bits. Haven't been able to try since I haven't used all the characters yet.

Edited by skyye06

Card collecting is quite annoying in the game. I've tried replaying Story Modes and the treasure chests are bits on the second pass. A good number of the cards can be earned by playing Story Modes with all of the characters.

More notes:

Digimon All-Star Rumble Review - RangerCrew Blog

Wait so even on the third level where you pick up your first card on the right hand side is now a bit coin? Damn looks like I'll be replaying story mode over and over again.

Wait so even on the third level where you pick up your first card on the right hand side is now a bit coin? Damn looks like I'll be replaying story mode over and over again.

Yup. After completing 5 sets of digimon. I notice that the factory level where you get your first card is now a bitcoin. it's frustrating but you can use your bitcoins to get new cards at the collectible menu.

Yup. After completing 5 sets of digimon. I notice that the factory level where you get your first card is now a bitcoin. it's frustrating but you can use your bitcoins to get new cards at the collectible menu.

The plat is easy but damn this shit is going to be grindy. I love digimon but I don't know how much longer I can replay the same missions over and over. At least I pretty much developed a routine for completing the levels fast.

So I counted up 200 cards we have to get. I have just over 20.

Some look like they'll take a while, Magnadramon (I think) was 40'000.

Darn shame we can't earn bits playing Battle mode. Though once you play story mode with all the characters, I can imagine we'll have most of the cards got, not just through purchasing but by natural game progression. Though I saw in a post by IDOL that he had played with 5 characters and then card boxes turned to bits.

Anyone know what the green numbers mean above the cards? I thought it might meant the damage it does, but for cards that already state how much damage they'll do/or none at all, it doesn't make much sense.

Sorry to bump, but I still was wondering about the green numbers above the card.

Also, to anyone with bits trophies, do you have to have ALL of the bits at one time, or can you keep buying cards and it counts up how many you've earned?

If you are talking about what I think you are, those numbers are just for when your opponent also uses a card at the same time. The higher number of either card gets used.

As for the bit thing, you need to save all those bits at once. Which I think is stupid. I spent a lot of bits already without realizing I had to save all my money.

If you are talking about what I think you are, those numbers are just for when your opponent also uses a card at the same time. The higher number of either card gets used.

As for the bit thing, you need to save all those bits at once. Which I think is stupid. I spent a lot of bits already without realizing I had to save all my money.

Good thing I haven't spent any of my bitcoins. Thanks skyye06 for that information.

Depends how long you rent it for zach.

There is a 'Play the game for 50 hour trophy' and you have to play story mode with 12 characters.

Also you have to collection a ton of bits (in game currency) and 200 Digi cards.

If you get the game out for a month like I do with my rental service, then you may get it if you play it everyday.

Can anyone confirm if you can rack the hours up in training mode.

There is a 'Play the game for 50 hour trophy' and you have to play story mode with 12 characters.

Also you have to collection a ton of bits (in game currency) and 200 Digi cards.

If you get the game out for a month like I do with my rental service, then you may get it if you play it everyday.

Well I can not confirm it i can how ever say that you can get it in the first level of story mode and just idle there.

I'd rather not waste time on this game via renting lol. I'll wait for a sale and buy it if I have too.

Well I can not confirm it i can how ever say that you can get it in the first level of story mode and just idle there.

I just got the 50 hour trophy today, probably about 10 hours of this was spent with the left analogue stick pointing down so I was constantly running at the starting wall, didn't test out if idle works but going from past games I thought I'd play it safe with my method and it works.

For anyone else that wants to know, the bits will take a good 30+ runs of story mode to obtain for the gold trophy. Massive grind by any means considering the story is the same over and over. I left my console on with turbo controller on the flag battles stage, mapped x and square as block and that teleport dodge thingy and stood infront of the digimon to keep on talking and starting the battle (x and square) then losing and repeating. You only get 60 coins for losing so after a good 10 hours or so I only racked up an extra 11,000 coins. Not the best method but I can't see myself running through story over and over, only got wormmon to finish for the all characters trophy and I'm so over it so turbo method may be my last hope for the platinum

As for cards, I did a 2nd run with Biyomon (sinces she's the fastest) and only got 1 card from the whole run, which is was in the chest after that annoying Ebemon/Apemon/Goblimon battle on the last level. Only have 88 cards after 12 runs so there's a fair idea of how many more times you're gonna have to run through story mode.

This will be one of those rare platinums that no one can be stuffed getting but I'm gonna get it come hell or high water. Will provide further information for anyone if needed as I get further

I guess it depends on a bit of a luck with the amount of cards received. On my second run with Shoutmon I received two cards, on my third run also and on the fourth only one (like you in the last level after Ebemon).

I'm now at 98 cards and I wonder if the amount of cards obtained per run will increase again or will I really have to do another 100 runs to get the remaining cards?

Does anyone actually know how the average card output will be later on?

I'm guessing the card gain ratio will get smaller and smaller as you go on, as I'm sure there will be only x amount obtainable in story mode and the rest only able to be purchased in the shop. I really want to get the bits trophy out of the way so I can confirm this.

Just did a 3rd run with Biyomon and again only got 1 card, but it was in a different place, the castle stage iirc. I think her and shoutmon will be the only 2 I use for the 5 million story runs since they're both speedy powerhouses. Wormmon was painfully slow but didn't find him as bad as everyone says, his attacks are pretty quick and his mega annihilates enemies. I found Veemon to be the worst of them all

Yesterday I did three runs with three different Digimons:

Agumon - 2nd run (3 cards)

Gabumon - 3rd run (3 cards)

Biyomon - 2nd run (2 cards)

The interesting fact for me is that in my 3rd run for Gabumon I still got 3 cards whereas for Biyomon I only got 2 cards in my 2nd run.

Combined with your info (3rd run Biyomon --> 1 card) I assume that the amount of cards you can obtain does not only depend on the number of runs you did, but especially on the number of runs you did with a specific digimon.

But I also think the amount of compatible cards you already obtained for that digimon counts also in. I guess Agumon or Gabumon are rather compatible to most cards (for Gabumon I have about 13 attack and the same amount of defense cards) so it's more likely you will obtain more cards with some of the "allrounder" digimon.. Still I need to know how many cards each digimon could use.

Still it's only an assumption. :think:

BTW:

At GameFAQs someone posted that he already quite far and has about 192 of the 200 cards. He also said that he has a theory about how the cards may drop. Let's see if he will post something new in the next few days:

Bit Guide - Digimon All-Star Rumble Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Bit Guide - Digimon All-Star Rumble Message Board for PlayStation 3 - Page 3 - GameFAQs

Really legitmate points there crimson. I did wonder the compatibility thing myself after I picked up a card and for the first time noticed the "can be equipped with Biyomon" and wasn't sure if that meant it was only for her, or it was possible that she could use that card and was only saying it because I was using her at the time, as opposed to picking that particular card up with another character and it would say nothing? If your theory is correct it looks like we're going to have to suffer and play through with the characters we hate as well :(

I wish I started writing down the conditions of obtaining each card to create a guide for future players, coz I know sure as hell it would have come in handy for us if it already existed!

Some information you may find interesting Crimson and Falcon:

have just finished my 6th run with Biyomon and it went as follows

2nd - 1 card

3rd - 1 card

4th - 2 cards

5th - no cards (was going to stop using Biyomon at this point but thought I'd try one more incase it was just bad luck)

6th - 2 cards, only one compatible with Biyomon

Found that last run really strange, confused as to whether any digimon can pick up anyones cards, or only their own plus the all rounders? I'm assuming (and hoping) it's the former.

Also crimson I noticed you got 3 cards on your 2nd Agumon run, however I only got 1. Could be put down to my numerous Biyomon runs hogging all the cards or it could be the worst case scenario of it's completely random so deal with it and run story mode 100 more times in hopes that you get at least one.

This game is really starting to run thin on me, and I'm still 100k away from the gold bits trophy :(

It just now dawned on me that there are 50 of each type of card. Vaccine, Data, Virus and Neutral (I think). I'm pretty sure at this point there are 25 attack cards and 25 defense cards for each type. It also looks like all characters that share the same type can use the same cards. I don't know if it matters what digimon you use when you are trying to complete a set or if certain characters get certain cards. I'm looking into it.

Edited by Gearwing