Rate the trophy difficulty...  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.51

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

Unless I'm missing something, I can't see how anyone can legitimately vote in this poll yet. One thread has only been achieved by about 3 people on the planet, and the other trophy still remains a complete mystery.

At the very best, anyone who voted should be voting a 10. Even if we find out that the mystery trophy is something that's relatively simple, that doesn't change the fact that "Old Skooler" is a complete luckfest that's almost impossible to achieve.

Now that I've got 100%, I have to rate this game a solid 8.

"We Need a Sacrifice" is a trophy you'd never even come close to earning accidentally, and it takes a few tries to get it right. Now that we know what it is, earning it isn't too bad with a bit of practice.

But "Old Schooler" is a B.I.T.C.H.

I'm hating Older Schooler right now. Only trophy I have left and I can't get past level 4.

I changed my strategy from collecting all the emeralds to killing all the nobbin's and the only thing that helped is getting a better score, but I average level 3 sometimes 4 with a score 17-24k. I hate how if you clear the level sometimes the sounds get stuck till you quit game and reload. Learned to wait for the cherry music to stop playing before clearing a stage now...

Haven't voted yet since this last trophy is killing me.

I'm hating Older Schooler right now. Only trophy I have left and I can't get past level 4.

I changed my strategy from collecting all the emeralds to killing all the nobbin's and the only thing that helped is getting a better score, but I average level 3 sometimes 4 with a score 17-24k. I hate how if you clear the level sometimes the sounds get stuck till you quit game and reload. Learned to wait for the cherry music to stop playing before clearing a stage now...

Haven't voted yet since this last trophy is killing me.

For what it's worth, eating another cherry fixes the sound bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(S) Old Schooler is slaying me also.

I voted it an 8 because of that trophy as well, but the other trophies (outside of that other survival one) aren't too bad or exceptionally hard to obtain. The actual arcade mode is very easy because they give you infinite continues.

Edited by antiheroforhire

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rated it a 7 because of 2 throphies that are pretty hard. Most of the throphies are easy and its a very fun game but the throphy old schooler and the one for getting to level 20 in co op w/o dying are difficult. Ive gotten to stage 16 in coop w/o dying and stage 5 in vintge. Both throphies are VERY doable but require you to memorize the maps and controlls.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

how are you guys doing the "we need a sacrifice" trophy??

i cannot seem to get this trophy to save my life.. and i have seen conflicting descriptions about how to actually get this trophy.. (1) says that you and 4 enemies have to be killed my the bomb's napalm ONLY, while (2) says that you just need to kill yourself and 4 enemies with the bomb regardless if it is by napalm or crushing??

any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I actually found "we need a sacrifice" to be pretty easy once I found a good strategy. I spent less than 15 minutes getting that trophy.

Also, the game autosaves after every level you complete and you can quit and back up your save file from the xmb. If you screw up on the next level, simply quit to the xmb and restore from your back up save file. It is tedious but it makes "give me more" and "workfellow" pretty easy.

I haven't tried yet, but if the above strategy also works for "endurant" and "old schooler", then this game deserves no more than a 5. If it won't work for these two, then yeah, its a 9 or a 10 for me as I will not be getting them.

Will hold my vote until I've confirmed this or not.

Keep the faith bro!

I am able to get to level 7 in vintage mode consistently now but that level just completely owns me...basically if you die you are toast since ALL of the enemies spawn upon your next life and you'll likely be down multiple money bags when you die. I've gotten close (like 5 gems left) on level 7 but just have not beaten it yet. Wish there were more tips/strategies out there.

I really enjoy this game though...kind of like dig dug on steroids.

This game was fun but it isn't worth a busted controller, let alone a busted tv! :)

Lately, I've been making an effort to not care so much about getting to 100%. Trophies are only a good thing insofar as they ENHANCE your enjoyment of a game. If you get to the point where you are hating every minute of it (not saying you're there yet, but sounds like you're getting close), I suggest taking a step back and asking yourself if it is really worth it.

I have so many games piled up that I haven't finished or even started yet, that spending another 6 hours of frustration trying unlock the last trophy in Digger HD just doesn't seem all that important. 90% is nothing to scoff at, after all. :D

I've gotten 8 gems away on level 8...If I could enter that level with a full compliment of guys I would have it already. It's fun, in a pull your hair out and scream at the top of your lungs kind of way :)

I don't even think more than 150 people worldwide have this trophy yet (can pull an exact # off of scoreboards later). I'm determined to be one of the few, the proud, the heart diseased with this trophy!