After 3 years and 5 months, FINALLY

wrestlefanatic77

got the Old Schooler trophy. :applause:

This forum for Digger HD may be dead, but I want to just leave my mark here as one of the lucky souls to FINALLY conquer this beast. I had a plan to get through the first 7 levels without dying (not the plan that was already here posted on PS3trophies).

It's almost impossible to explain to any soul that is still trying to get this damn trophy but to reiterate some tips that may have already been mentioned:

1. Try VERY HARD to get 3 lives before level 7. Getting 4 lives by Round 8 will guarantee you the trophy as long as you go straight after the gems on Round 8.

2. You need to eliminate as many enemies as you can, but leave one enemy alive. Try to grab as many money bags and gems as much as you can. Only eliminate the last enemy when you have no choice (i.e. he corners you).

3. Round 7 is a complete witch to beat without dying. Try to stay on the left side of the map (avoid the holy hell of the right side where the enemies spawn). You need to use the money bags to eliminate more than 1 enemy at a time. Again, this level is hell. Persistence and patience is strongly needed.

4. Round 8 is easy. No need to fret if you have atleast 3 lives. Just go after the gems and eliminate the enemies if you need to (but be warned though there's a swarm of them on this level). Start on the bottom right side and then try to get most of the top of the screen. That way, getting the bottom left gems is a piece of cake.

Not much to really add. It's pure strategy.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, I always come back and check the threads in here. I am interested in your method. It would be nice if you can share some more information.

I also mentioned to get one extra life and go for the gems in level 8.

Edited by MariDave

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I have the trophy already long time ago, just wondering if you remember anything and some more tips to help others.

After a year of getting the trophy, I still remember fragments of that run. I suppose another tip I could mention is don't ever try to get those cherries if they are too far away to get. If you must, try to keep several layers of dirt between you and the enemies while traveling across the screen. This will give you a cushion of space just in case those enemies go into that "berserk" phase.

• 3 weeks later...
got the Old Schooler trophy. :applause:

This forum for Digger HD may be dead, but I want to just leave my mark here as one of the lucky souls to FINALLY conquer this beast. I had a plan to get through the first 7 levels without dying (not the plan that was already here posted on PS3trophies).

It's almost impossible to explain to any soul that is still trying to get this damn trophy but to reiterate some tips that may have already been mentioned:

1. Try VERY HARD to get 3 lives before level 7. Getting 4 lives by Round 8 will guarantee you the trophy as long as you go straight after the gems on Round 8.

2. You need to eliminate as many enemies as you can, but leave one enemy alive. Try to grab as many money bags and gems as much as you can. Only eliminate the last enemy when you have no choice (i.e. he corners you).

3. Round 7 is a complete witch to beat without dying. Try to stay on the left side of the map (avoid the holy hell of the right side where the enemies spawn). You need to use the money bags to eliminate more than 1 enemy at a time. Again, this level is hell. Persistence and patience is strongly needed.

4. Round 8 is easy. No need to fret if you have atleast 3 lives. Just go after the gems and eliminate the enemies if you need to (but be warned though there's a swarm of them on this level). Start on the bottom right side and then try to get most of the top of the screen. That way, getting the bottom left gems is a piece of cake.

Not much to really add. It's pure strategy.

You pretty much said everything i would have here so there's not much to add to it in terms of the things most helpful to remember when going for this trophy.

After earning Old Schooler yesterday i just wanted to come here to offer some encouragement to anyone that might want to take this challenge on in the future, it really will test your patience & skill level, but as you practice more & more & your strategy gets smoother & more reliable you will start feeling the end in sight as i did, of course you need a little luck as well, especially on level 7, but if you keep at it all that hard work will pay off in the end.

I played Digger HD on & off between other bigger titles for a few years but never thought i'd have the patience or skill to beat it, so i'm very happy i didnt give up :dance:

I used mostly LoAlexandria's strategy from his Youtube video combined with a few on the fly changes that sometimes come up when the AI don't do what you expect, or just small tweaks that made things easier for me. I managed to reach level 8 with 4 lives & by some miracle only used one of them, so in the end those extra lives i earned were not needed, i had a near perfect run & on level 8 cleared 3/4s of the levels gems before my first death, something i didn't even think was possible ! i just kept moving in unpredictable patterns & killed about 4 monsters while doin so.

Also wrestlefanatic77 you beat me in speed by 6 months! :p as it took me 3yrs & 11 months to finally take the time to get this most fiendish but ultimately very satisfying trophy ! :)

Thanks to everybody that contributed their strategies & experience, this is one tough nut to crack ! & you all helped :)

Good luck to the remaining few that still play this game & may want to go after this trophy & the 100% ;)

Edited by Formless11