Old Schooler - complete!

antiheroforhire

Hello all,

I went back to this game after a long time yesterday and ended up getting the trophy (S) Old Schooler. I agree with anyone who has ever posted on this forum before that it's probably one of the hardest trophies on PSN.

I disagree with the trophy roadmap saying that the enemies movement is unpredictable and random - this is simply not true. I was messing around yesterday trying to find patterns, and what worked (not based on the current guide) and I found a fairly fool-proof way to run through levels 1-7 in about 4 minutes or so. I focused on speed, and utilizing the bags (sometimes using each bag 2-3 times in certain levels, like level 5 and 7) and not really on points since that was just wasting time as I could get nowhere near 40000 points with my route, but with my method I was always hitting 20000 points for an extra life around level 6-7, so I would wind up on level 8 with 3 lives. The enemies movement is not random because I was able to repeat my method several times up to level 8 without dying, but it's very space specific. I noticed for example, in one area, if I stood one space left on level 2, instead of right, that the next spawning enemy would run south instead of north (toward me).

Level 8; however, is a complete crap shoot. It's fairly easy to kill the enemies and use the bags effectively, but once you die, it's horrible trying to recover. I tried to kill all the enemies 3 separate times reaching level 8 before just making a stupid mad dash for the jewels. I don't have much of a strategy on this level, but in hindsight, I would definitely recommend and focus on clearing up the top right (first!) and then the top left side, and then clear out the bottom ones accordingly. Three or four times I was screwed over, because there was 2-3 gems left at the top on my last life and the enemies were simply too fast to try and rush up and collect them.

I have a YouTube channel that once I have the time, I'll upload a video of levels 1-7, and possibly 8. I only reached level 8 probably about 5 times before making a dash for all the jewels and saying screw figuring out a strategy for this level, but at least with my method, you'd be able to run through levels 1-7 without dying (often).

I would also recommend if you do die, to simply start over.

It's almost imperative to have 3 lives for level 8 just in case something goes wrong.

Sorry there's not more for actual hints in my worded reply, but I'll try to upload videos for this as soon as I can - (S) Endurant also, which I also obtained yesterday. It was far easier in comparison than (S) Old Schooler.

Edited by antiheroforhire