Question about Hard Mode

UlvenFenrir

• 2 weeks later...

well after beating hard mode you can choose to play it or normal mode again afterwards. if you feel you need extra red orbs in your bank (where does Dante keep all this red stuff anyway?) you can just beat the game again, thankfully its a ridiculously short game once you know what to do to progress. so really you have all sorts of options in this game if you need a little pick me up. ;) up to you good buddy.

edit: ps: you can also get the items all over again and gain a stockpile of untouchable stars, devil trigger stars, etc. so everything resets when you choose the difficulty after completing hard mode. enjoy! (wish I knew about that though, its really fun getting tons of items in these games, just for the sake of having them heh)

Edited by CRD 100

Just completed hard! It wasn't so bad. I boosted MUCH-O orbs in this mode with the Phantom after mission 7, (got up in the 100k's in a few hours). Starting up my 3rd play through on normal now just to nab a few more Untouchables and ...stuff..

So how much harder is DMD besides this devil trigger thing the enemies have? Will the boss fights remain the same? Or does everything have more health..

Edited by SirScotalot

So how much harder is DMD besides this devil trigger thing the enemies have? Will the boss fights remain the same? Or does everything have more health..

you mean comparing hard and dmd? well you take a lot more damage but the enemies remain somewhat the same. they're rather easy to kill. however, some of their attacks will cause serious damage. one of those puppet enemies that shoot fire literally killed me with a spinning attack while I was at full health (it was kinda funny actually lol). as for bosses, they have at least 4.5 times more health than on normal and do a lot more damage (literally a few attacks can kill you), thus that is where the difficulty of the platinum lies. untouchable stars can help in certain boss fights but unholy water will barely even damage the bosses, but that depends on the boss as some can take quite a bit of damage from holy water (after a little experimenting). it's quite tough but doable with some practice and a 'can do' attitude. ;)

Edited by CRD 100

just grind red orbs..

not to be rude but having a lot of red orbs can only get you so far during dmd mode. but it does help in buying vital stars before the mission if you need it. once you buy the maximum number of holy waters and untouchables, the rest you get from the missions. you can buy more only if you use a whole bunch of those items.

Yeah, I've amounted quite a few orbs from my last Hard play through.. But after hearing how ridiculous DMD will, I think I'll go the extra mile and stock up on these Untouchable and devil stars.. Its only a few hours to blast through normal.

I either spend hours grinding items or spend hours in frustration dying*.

Edited by SirScotalot

This would be the only thing needed to beat DMD, if there was no limit on buying items.

The limit cap goes away once you use up the items.. right? How many items are expected to be used in a single boss fight? I was under the impression that everyone only needed to rely on 1 untouchable for the 3rd nightmare and go all out on Mundus with what ever they had left.

lolz, seems I'm in better shape than you. Just finished 2nd norm playthrough after Hard with 17 Devil stars, 13 untouchables and 9 holy waters with 90k red orbs (everything else max'd of course).

Honestly considering 2 or 3 more normal runs just to amass even more items. Better safe than sorry, or would this be over kill.. How much prepping did you all do?

Actually found a strategy by someone who did 5 full play throughs. I'll be sure to go by this, divide my stuff up evenly.

I did 5 play through's I had 298 Yellow Orbs and 18 Devil Stars and Untouchables and 10 Holy Waters (which I wasn't farming, I just ended up picking them up)

I used Items at these points:

Griffon 2 and 3: 4 Untouchables (I didn't fight him during Nightmare 2 because I suck at fighting him).

Nelo 3: Took ~1/6 of his life down then Spammed Holy Waters because I knew I wouldn't need them elsewhere.

Nightmare 3: Once I got to his last core I used a couple of Untouchables because I got scared and wasn't thinking.

By Mundas I had 24 Devil stars so I spammed the hell out of them to use the Dragon Attack, it takes six hits to kill him on DMD.

Then for Mundas 2, I used 3 or 4 Untouchables. Then I used a couple in the last mission (I didn't need to I just felt like it).

You can run past most enemies in the game and most of the levels only take 2-5 minutes to run through. Other than Boss fights there isn't that many places you are forced to fight. I did the whole of DMD in one sitting.

Edited by SirScotalot

I went directly to DMD after finishing hard, boy what a mistake, a ton harder because the limited ítems i had, but its too late to go back now, im on chapter 18 without using any untouchable, only vital Star and holy water, near the end, thank god

• 8 months later...

hi everyone.

i just finished normal mode and i still have fairly a lot more to do about the health bar,devil trigger and all the skills.

my question is,should i start a new game on normal so i can finish collecting all the rest? because i dont know if i start a new game on easy or normal again if the orbs and the health bar,et will transport to my new game.

thanks a lot :)

hi everyone.

i just finished normal mode and i still have fairly a lot more to do about the health bar,devil trigger and all the skills.

my question is,should i start a new game on normal so i can finish collecting all the rest? because i dont know if i start a new game on easy or normal again if the orbs and the health bar,et will transport to my new game.

thanks a lot :)

The biggest question is, how skilled or experienced are you at hack and slash games? If you aren't, redo it on normal to buff up for DMD mode, you can breeze through it quite fast, just make sure to pick up all the untouchables / holy waters / purple stars. Just google their location. Especially redo on normal if you consider yourself quite weak if you haven't done all the secret missions.

If you consider yourself fairly skilled, just start the higher difficulty, I didn't find the missions and bosses aren't all that much more difficult. Cause you'll easily max out all your weapons at the end of your second playthrough. Just be sure to not use any items at all. I was stupid enough to use some untouchables to breeze through all the bosses, really bit me in the butt on my DMD playthrough.

Well, i will try my luck in hard mode. If i cant ill make a new save in normal and catch everything in the way :-) thanks for the help!

GL on your hard playthrough, but to answer your question in your earlier post, you don't need to start from scratch, I'm pretty sure the game asks you after completing your playthrough which difficulty you want to play your next playthrough on. So yeah, nothing lost, you should be able to get through hard at least and then you can still decide to stack up.

well,finished hard mode,and with that all the secret missions,health bar and devil trigger. only missing DMD and the monster stats. im going to make another normal walkthru so i can gain more red orbs so i am ready for DMD mode :)

thank you for all the tips and tricks!

well,finished hard mode,and with that all the secret missions,health bar and devil trigger. only missing DMD and the monster stats. im going to make another normal walkthru so i can gain more red orbs so i am ready for DMD mode :)

thank you for all the tips and tricks!

I have reached mission 9 on hard and have no motivation to continue playing this. I have grinded 212,000 red orbs beforehand. Can you tell me if there is anything in this playthrough will be a problem? I am currently trying to complete all secret missions (I missed 04, too difficult, only tried once). I am also trying to collect all items and yellow orbs.

How I select another NORMAL playthrough to stack up on stuff? Im currently at Chapter 6 on my Hard run. I've done all Secret Missions, Maxed Health Bar, all Dante's moves etc but I've only managed to get about 6 Devil Triggers. So, after I finish Hard I'm going to run through Normal again to really stock up for DMD but I didn't see any option for selecting difficulty up to now.

Will it give me the option after I finish Hard? Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I haven't read the guide fully as I don't like to use Trophy guides unless absolutely necessary and Im worried the games going to put me straight into the next difficulty like it did after I finished Normal.

Any help info will be appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance.