Devil May Cry Blue Orb Pieces/Secret Missions Guide

Fubzy

Here's the guide for Devil May Cry HD that helps you out with Blue Orb pieces and Secret Missions, as both are tied in ways. Once again, read ahead at your own risk, as the below may contain some spoilers.

SECRET MISSIONS:

Secret Mission 1 - Critical Hit

Mission 3. On the Broken Bridge, after defeating Phantom. Underwater.

Objective: Defeat the Sin Scissors by hitting its weak point.

NOTE: Completing this mission rewards you with (B) Can You Keep A Secret?

Secret Mission 2 - Phantom Baby

Mission 4. Hall where the Phantom battle takes place.

Objective: Kill 100 Phantom Babies in a set time limit.

Secret Mission 3 - Phantom Baby 2

Mission 4, AFTER completing Secret Mission 2! Hall with the Time Statue at the other end, Mission 4 beginning point.

Objective: Kill 100 Phantom Babies in a set time limit using NO weapons.

Secret Mission 4 - The 3 Beasts

Mission 4, after defeating Shadow. Arena below the airplane room.

Objective: Defeat all three Shadows.

Secret Mission 5 - One-Eyed Evil

Mission 7. Where the Old Key is found in Mission 6, in the pipe room.

Objective: Let one Kyclops kill the other.

Secret Mission 6 - Wandering Ghosts

Mission 11. Just before finishing Mission 10, a garden courtyard.

Objective: Get the Blue Orb piece in the air.

NOTE: If you are going in this order, you should unlock (S) The Secret Six after completing this Secret Mission.

Secret Mission 7 - Water Cell

Post-Mission 13. Return to the Captain’s Room on the ghost ship and check out the Captain’s skeleton.

Objective: Defeat all 8 enemies (Blades) underwater.

Secret Mission 8 - Treasure Of The Reaper

Mission 15. Check the picture wall in the rolling-spike trap room from Mission 14.

Objective: Defeat all enemies (3 Shadows).

Secret Mission 9 - Shadow Of Darkness

Mission 16, after defeating Nightmare. Airplane room.

Objective: Locate and defeat all the hidden Shadows. (2 in Airplane Room, 1 in Hallway, 1 in Bridge Room)

Secret Mission 10 - Stairway Of Tranquillity

Mission 16 or Mission 17, after defeating Nightmare. In the Coliseum.

Objective: Attain the Blue Orb piece by climbing a long, frustrating flight of stairs.

Secret Mission 11 - Blue Gem In The Sky

Mission 17, on the Broken Bridge. To activate the Mission is the tricky bit, though. Move from the dead end to the door end without falling once, over the floating pieces. Jumping onto the door end will automatically activate the Secret Mission.

Objective: Using jump pools released by Death Scythes, reach the top and attain the Blue Orb piece.

Secret Mission 12 - Hidden Bangle

Mission 21. Hidden room behind the wall opposite the Time Statue.

Objective: Cross the long stretch of road and attain the final Blue Orb piece. A dragon will be waiting in the next area, and defeating it makes two Frosts spawn. Defeating them leaves the Time Bracelet yours for the taking.

NOTE: If you are going in this order, you should unlock (G) The Secret’s Out after completing this Secret Mission.

Edited by Fubzy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Orb pieces are fragments of Blue Orbs you'll find scattered around the Devil May Cry world. There are 44 in total, some of which are obtained from Secret Missions and the rest found around the world. Four pieces are needed to make a whole; a whole Blue Orb increases Dante's health. Another 5 Blue Orbs are purchased from the Time Statue, but each Orb's price increase dramatically after every purchase of one. Try to get these as soon as possible, to get them out of the way.

NOTE: The Mission 6 Blue Orb is required to unlock the Mission 7 Secret Mission, One-Eyed Demon. If you do not get the Blue Orb from jumping first, the Secret Mission does not activate for the next Mission. A massive thanks to Kheapathic for this important fact.

MISSION 1:

[spoiler=123]1. As you’re walking up to where Mission 1 begins (note this is before Mission 1 actually begins) you’ll notice a walkway above you. Jump up there, go to the left in the small shelter and jump.

2. Second floor of the main hall, left of the angel statue.

3. Through the first set of doors you unlock, hit the third armour statue.

4. Room with the 3-hole mechanism. The left pool of water.

5. On the left wing of the airplane in the airplane room.

MISSION 2:

[spoiler=124]6. At the mission start point, smash the table near the Time Statue in the Time Statue room.

MISSION 3:

[spoiler=125]7. In front of the tablet at the far end after the broken bridge and underwater trial scene.

8. On a floating bridge above the broken bridge.

9. Complete Secret Mission 1: “Critical Hit”.

MISSION 4:

[spoiler=126]10. Complete Secret Mission 2: “Phantom Baby”.

11. Complete Secret Mission 3: “Phantom Baby 2”.

12. Complete Secret Mission 4: “3 Beasts”.

13. After the Nelo Angelo fight, at the very top part of that area, after gaining the Untouchable.

MISSION 5:

No Blue Orb Pieces

MISSION 6:

[spoiler=127]14. At the collapsed wall to the right of the beginning of the mission, jump around.

MISSION 7:

[spoiler=128]15. Complete Secret Mission 5: “One-Eyed Devil”.

MISSION 8:

[spoiler=129]16. From the horse statues where you got the Trident, jump up the pillar.

17. After crossing the barricade which was inaccessible prior to this mission, check out the right pool.

MISSION 9:

[spoiler=120]18. Repeatedly hit the tombstone to the right of the entrance to the Courtyard, hit until the piece is uncovered.

MISSION 10:

No Blue Orb pieces

MISSION 11:

[spoiler=121]19. Complete Secret Mission 6: “Wandering Ghosts”.

20. At the starting area, it is inside the gated area to your left.

21. Defeat all Blades inside the sewer area.

MISSION 12:

[spoiler=122]22. Climb the mast of the ghost ship to the highest point. The Blue Orb piece should be clearly visible. Stinger to it.

MISSION 13:

[spoiler=131]23. In the area that leads up to the deck of the ship, just below the deck itself.

Edited by Fubzy

MISSION 14:

[spoiler=132]24. Complete Secret Mission 7: “Water Cell”.

25. The right pool of water after you successfully exit the ghost ship.

26. After exiting the elevator, climb the cliff to your right.

27. With the multi-layered area, check out the cliff to the right of the area.

MISSION 15:

[spoiler=133]28. Complete Secret Mission 8: “Treasure Of The Reaper”.

29. In the area with the Blue Emblem, destroy the breakable wall.

30. Jump underneath the stand holding the item in the area with the Red Emblem.

31. Ensure you get this before or during the battle with Griffon. Get to the highest level of the Coliseum using the teleporters to its left and right, and run to the centre of the bridge.

MISSION 16:

[spoiler=134]32. Complete Secret Mission 9: “Stairway Of Tranquillity”.

33. In the first hall of the Great Hall, go to the right of the staircase.

34. Jump of the horse statue’s head in the Great Hall.

35. Under the head, which is in front of the Time Statue room in the long corridor.

36. Complete Secret Mission 10: “Shadow Of Darkness”.

37. This one is next to the bed, in the bedroom, soon after using the Staff Of Hermes.

MISSION 17:

[spoiler=135]38. Complete Secret Mission 11: “Blue Gem In The Sky”.

39. The room with the dragon statue, the terrace area in the top right.

MISSION 18:

[spoiler=136]40. Inside the single barrel in the third area of where the Mission begins.

41. Just to the side, next to the dead-end staircase of the tower.

42. Second floor of the room where the Philosopher’s Stone is used, to the end.

MISSION 19:

[spoiler=137]43. In the Mirror World, it’s hanging off a ledge, just next to the tower.

44. AFTER you get Blue Orb #43, in the tower.

MISSION 21:

[spoiler=138]Complete Secret Mission 12: “Hidden Bangle” for a whole Blue Orb.

Edited by Fubzy

Most of the secret mission are pretty straight forward and just a matter of following the mission description... The 3 missions with the shadows are probably the hardest to do. There is one mission though that is really hard to do the way the game wants you to, and that is Secret Mission 11. The easy way to pass this mission is to kill the Death Sycthe and then jump up above the doorway which goes back to where you fought Phantom 1. Then Jump up and go into D/T with alastor and vortex through the air to grab the blue orb piece.

Most of the secret mission are pretty straight forward and just a matter of following the mission description... The 3 missions with the shadows are probably the hardest to do. There is one mission though that is really hard to do the way the game wants you to, and that is Secret Mission 11. The easy way to pass this mission is to kill the Death Sycthe and then jump up above the doorway which goes back to where you fought Phantom 1. Then Jump up and go into D/T with alastor and vortex through the air to grab the blue orb piece.

I agree! Mission 11 is definitely the most frustrating...and it's really annoying that it must be accomplished for the Platinum. Nice strategy, too. :D

Edited by Fubzy

LOL... thanks, although I can't take credit for it.. it's been around on faqs since the PS2 version..

Took me two runs of normal, with obviously one hard run after the first normal run to get all the blue orbs back in 2002.. The groups of three shadows were too hard for me on Hard, and they are the harder secret missions you tend to skip first time through.

Pleased to say that ten years later on the PS3, despite being way out of practice, I got all blue orbs on my first run, as well as the trophy for not using yellow orbs. I'm not sure I'm dedicated enough to try and S rank every mission on the PS3 though, lol..

LOL... thanks, although I can't take credit for it.. it's been around on faqs since the PS2 version..

Took me two runs of normal, with obviously one hard run after the first normal run to get all the blue orbs back in 2002.. The groups of three shadows were too hard for me on Hard, and they are the harder secret missions you tend to skip first time through.

Pleased to say that ten years later on the PS3, despite being way out of practice, I got all blue orbs on my first run, as well as the trophy for not using yellow orbs. I'm not sure I'm dedicated enough to try and S rank every mission on the PS3 though, lol..

My gosh, of course, only hardcore Devil May Cry players could S-rank all Missions. Now, imagine doing that on Dante Must Die! mode... :|

Edited by Fubzy

Well, I can't be that hardcore because I never finished DMD on DMC1, lol... never finished DMC3 on Normal, and DMC4 on Son of Sparda thanks to the silly 'fight all bosses' level.

S ranking all of normal isn't that bad, as you only need to reach the S criteria in two out of the three criteria. So most levels that can be sped run (eg: Mission 2 and 6), just speed run them and don't take any damage. If it is a level that you struggle to not take damage on, you need to get the red orb count instead.

Getting Special Bonuses for every S rank... now that's another matter...

If i missed an orb or a mission, will I be able to get it back later?

Yes, but only by doing another playthrough on that save file. Unfortunately there's no chapter select, so you can't quickly choose the chapter and be done with it. However you need a minimum of 3 playthroughs, all of which can be done on the same save file, so even if you miss something on your first playthrough, you'll still have successive playthroughs to get what you missed.

Yes, but only by doing another playthrough on that save file. Unfortunately there's no chapter select, so you can't quickly choose the chapter and be done with it. However you need a minimum of 3 playthroughs, all of which can be done on the same save file, so even if you miss something on your first playthrough, you'll still have successive playthroughs to get what you missed.

Ok, so like when I'm doing the game on hard I'll be able to get it. Thank you, you've been very helpful.

Ok, so like when I'm doing the game on hard I'll be able to get it. Thank you, you've been very helpful.

Yep, you will. Also, any blue orb fragments you have received on previous playthroughs will be replaced with yellow orbs on successive playthroughs, so it's wise to pick up as many of them in preparation for Dante Must Die.

I've got a question. Right now I've heard there are two 'whole blue orbs' in the game. I found the one in the final Secret Mission. But where's the other one (if he even exists).

Thank you!

You can purchase whole Blue Orbs from the Time Statue. :D

Edited by Fubzy

You Can Purchase Whole Blue Orbs From The Time Statue. :D

This I know, but I heard you could find two whole ones lying around somewhere. But I have only found one (in secret mission 12). Any clues as to where the second one is, or is it just a hoax?

This I know, but I heard you could find two whole ones lying around somewhere. But I have only found one (in secret mission 12). Any clues as to where the second one is, or is it just a hoax?

Mission 16, at the veeeeery beginning, walk forward a few steps. There should be an elevator in the exact centre. To the left, a whole Blue Orb is sitting, right there.

Hope this is what you were looking for :)

Edited by Fubzy

• 4 weeks later...
i think this best site for blue orb location.

Devil's Lair - Devil May Cry

Thank you sir! I hit mission 11 and for some strange reason, the 5 or 6 different guides I've checked don't really bother to say how you get into the gated area in the first place. The camera angle doesn't really show you there's a hole up on top of the area.

Although I appreciate a guide to blue orb locations, I do seriously hope it was your own work Ms. Furuba, because it looks strangely similar a guide on GameFAQs:GameFAQs: Devil May Cry (PS2) Blue Orb Piece Guide by JL Lee

I suppose it's feasible that you're the same author though lol

Thank you sir! I hit mission 11 and for some strange reason, the 5 or 6 different guides I've checked don't really bother to say how you get into the gated area in the first place. The camera angle doesn't really show you there's a hole up on top of the area.

Although I appreciate a guide to blue orb locations, I do seriously hope it was your own work Ms. Furuba, because it looks strangely similar a guide on GameFAQs:GameFAQs: Devil May Cry (PS2) Blue Orb Piece Guide by JL Lee

I suppose it's feasible that you're the same author though lol

Of course this was my own work; I wrote it while going through the game getting the Orbs myself. Either way, I'd never be as pitiful as to copy another person's work. :s

Furuba, just pointing out one thing. I'm sure most people won't encounter it, but it is there. The Mission 6 Blue Orb is required to unlock the Mission 7 Blue Orb (One-Eyed Demon Mission). If you do not get the blue orb from jumping first, the secret mission will never activate.

Is that so? Strange. I've never encountered it myself, but I think I should put it into the guide, just for safety's sake.

Thanks for that Khea :)

Edited by Fubzy

Of course this was my own work; I wrote it while going through the game getting the Orbs myself. Either way, I'd never be as pitiful as to copy another person's work. :s

Just making sure. I just thought that was quite bizarre; it also has some similarities to the other blue piece guide on GameFAQs. It is indeed possible that you just used the same wording though.

Some people don't know that even if you write it up yourself, if you're still using another guide as a "reference" you still need to...well reference it lol if it wasn't something you did 100% by yourself (whether it was a strategy, an idea, or getting a collectable) that means you didn't give someone proper credit. A lot seem to forget that despite us "getting our plats" by ourselves, a lot of us would be quite lost without all this information (like me using your trophy guide) helping us along.

Just making sure. I just thought that was quite bizarre; it also has some similarities to the other blue piece guide on GameFAQs. It is indeed possible that you just used the same wording though.

Some people don't know that even if you write it up yourself, if you're still using another guide as a "reference" you still need to...well reference it lol if it wasn't something you did 100% by yourself (whether it was a strategy, an idea, or getting a collectable) that means you didn't give someone proper credit. A lot seem to forget that despite us "getting our plats" by ourselves, a lot of us would be quite lost without all this information (like me using your trophy guide) helping us along.

I suppose it's possible that it is similar in wording because it's writing about the same thing. It's hard to describe it differently; thus when using the same words to describe said thing, it sounds too similar to one another. I actually used video guides when I was collecting the Orbs; usually I always use text guides, but I found many of the DMC1 text guides to be too vague.

And I completely understand where you're coming from. If I ever even slightly used another guide, I would most definitely give credit. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...