Dante must die difficulty

user1dan

hey

I'm playing this game for the very first time and i'm enjoying it i'm playing on normal, I think the game is quite challenging . I am going for the platinum trophy once i have beaten the game on normal , how difficult is dante must die, I've completed god of war on hard and castlevania lords of shadow on paladin and which bosses are the hardest on this mode , as im a bit worried it might be too much for me thanks.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much harder than Normal. Hard mode is not even close to DMD.

Bosses can kill you in 2 hits even when you have Max Health.

Enemies while they die faster, if you take too long to clear a room, the remaining enemies will Devil Trigger like Dante.

When they are Devil Triggered, they no longer get stunned. Like you shoot right in their face with the Shotgun, they won't fly across the room. Which mean if they are doing a attack, they won't be interrupted.

They will kill Dante in like 4~5 hits. When Devil Triggered, they will kill in 2~3 hits.

Edited by AegisAvenger

Bosses can kill you in 2 hits even when you have Max Health.

Not looking forward to starting DMD difficulty.

Can anyone confirm how expensive the items are on DMD? I think a vital star costs 5000 red orbs, does it go any higher than that?

Bosses are the real pain in the ass. On Nightmare 1 at the minute. Takes a lot of hits to kill them and one hit can take up to half of your energy off. Make sure to collect all the items on normal and hard and keep them for DMD. I'm trying to save all mine for the last boss. Have 10 untouchables for him :D.

Also get all blue orbs then collect most of the yellows that replace them on next playthroughs cause depending on your skill you might need a lot.

You'll probably want 2 untouchables for Nightmare 3, when he busts out his surprise bonus health-boost at the end of the fight. You'll also want 8 or so devil stars for the first form of Mundus (the flying battle) so you can just dragon-shot him to death. I killed the second form using 5 or 6 untouchables, I think, and that covered the entire battle.

Aside from that, try to limit yourself to a vital star and/or a devil star per boss battle. Note that vital stars only cost 5,000 red orbs to replace, so eventually you should have enough orbs to afford a vital star per mission.

Normal:

Regular Enemy Health

Regular Boss Health

Regular damage taken

Hard:

Regular Enemy Health

Regular Boss Health

2.5x damage taken

Slightly modified enemy placements

DMD:

80% regular enemy health (yes, less), but they can devil trigger. Enemy DT gives them about ~4x health, and they hit a lot harder. When enemies DT, you should fight them in DT yourself, they are unstunnable/unlaunchable otherwise

2.5x boss health. This means bosses last for much longer

2.5x damage taken. Same as Hard

Enemy placement is similar from Hard to DMD, except that there are some optional fights in Hard that are required in DMD. You'll find that from Hard to DMD, it's not the regular enemies (except for Shadows, which are troublesome) which would give you headaches, it's the bosses. They have more health, and hit just as hard.

for mundus 2 I recommend having at least 2 untouchables and a vital star and at least 8 yellow orbs so you can keep trying over and over to get mundus' offense slightly memorized. Its going to take multiple tries but you will get pretty good at mundus part 1 (i had about 4 devil stars saved for this part too) so try to get mundus 2 down to about half health, dt roundtrip works really well to do this. Then jump up on the ledge near his head and use an untouchable and mash away with sparda, once it runs out pop the second one and continue to mash away. This is how I did it, also keep some previous saves if you need to go back a couple chapters and farm orbs or whatever for vital stars. Good luck. also study this guy. fn amazing [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoKFp6v5Z6A]Devil May Cry 1 Dante Must Die Mission 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by CSpencer

You'll probably want 2 untouchables for Nightmare 3, when he busts out his surprise bonus health-boost at the end of the fight. You'll also want 8 or so devil stars for the first form of Mundus (the flying battle) so you can just dragon-shot him to death. I killed the second form using 5 or 6 untouchables, I think, and that covered the entire battle.

Aside from that, try to limit yourself to a vital star and/or a devil star per boss battle. Note that vital stars only cost 5,000 red orbs to replace, so eventually you should have enough orbs to afford a vital star per mission.

Wow did not think Mundus would really require that many untouchables while in his second form. Guess I'll keep that in mind once I reach that part.

Wow did not think Mundus would really require that many untouchables while in his second form. Guess I'll keep that in mind once I reach that part.

you should be ok with 2 for mundus, if you can get his health about halfway down on your own. practice practice practice. also i recommend just memorizing nightmare 3 attacks and i beat him without being swallowed up into him, and only used an untouchable when he regained the health at the end.

Edited by CSpencer

for mundus 2 I recommend having at least 2 untouchables and a vital star and at least 8 yellow orbs so you can keep trying over and over to get mundus' offense slightly memorized. Its going to take multiple tries but you will get pretty good at mundus part 1 (i had about 4 devil stars saved for this part too) so try to get mundus 2 down to about half health, dt roundtrip works really well to do this. Then jump up on the ledge near his head and use an untouchable and mash away with sparda, once it runs out pop the second one and continue to mash away. This is how I did it, also keep some previous saves if you need to go back a couple chapters and farm orbs or whatever for vital stars. Good luck. also study this guy. fn amazing

What's the special bonus on the mission clear screen?

What's the special bonus on the mission clear screen?

If you do well on a mission, you get an S rank. If you do an even better job on a mission, you get and S rank, and a special bonus.

Special bonus results are the highest rank you can achieve in a mission although the total results screen can show only up to S and does not state whether you have gotten a special bonus on any of the stages.

For mission 1, the SB requirements are:

Clear time: 6:00

Orbs: 400

Damage taken: 0

If you do well on a mission, you get an S rank. If you do an even better job on a mission, you get and S rank, and a special bonus.

Special bonus results are the highest rank you can achieve in a mission although the total results screen can show only up to S and does not state whether you have gotten a special bonus on any of the stages.

For mission 1, the SB requirements are:

Clear time: 6:00

Orbs: 400

Damage taken: 0

Is there somewhere I can check what the SB req is?

This platinum trophy makes all other platinums trophies for little girls. Even veteran mode on COD will shrivel like a tiny raisin compared to this Hell.

It's insane. I've never played DMD myself, but I've heared the tales. Frustration will be everywhere and your health will go down massively from 1 hit. Bosses will have to be slain pretty much perfectly without receiving a single hit.

I've heared "Holy Water" can help you very much in these cases.

If you manage to knit this trophy, you can call yourself a true hero/no-lifer, whatever you see fit. And you will probably know the game by heart.

That said, DMC 2 is even harder than DMC 1 (and I find it pretty challenging already).

As for the items, I think they get more and more expensive as you play, so I'd suggest going through normal without buying/using items or use them very sparingly. After all, you will have to continue through hard AND DMD. So the longer you can hold out without items, the cheaper it will be later on.

Good luck, you will need it... A LOT!!!

DMD not so hard once you got all blue & purple bar + 5-10 untouchebles--memory serves well after ps2. Completed 11 missions in 1 sitting.

p.s

Completed dmd--super dante unlocked.

p.s 2

Platinum))

Edited by nerdik

And to think, back in the day there were guys on gamefaqs who used to S Rank DMD mode and not use items at all...:applause:

Not me though, I do have a series of PS2 normal and hard saves where I think I finished normal the usual non faq way, finished hard, followed up with a collectable run to max out all my bars and complete the secret missions, and then finally a run where I S ranked every mission on Normal.. My DMD run stalled about mission 12 or 13.

Unlike DMC3 of course, you can't just replay missions, so each time you fail the S rank criteria, you have to reload..

Regarding SB ranking... it was something the 'gods' of the game used to aim for, and involves reaching the criteria in 3 categories. To get just an S rank you only have to reach the criteria in 2 categories, which is actually a lot easier. Most missions you can sacrifice one of three. It is usually a tradeoff of orbs vs time. Depending on the type of mission, you usually go into it aiming for a fast completion time and no damage, or vice versa get the red orb target and no damage. Boss missions are usually easiest from memory going for red orb target and time, and sacrificing the damage criteria. With the exception of the boss missions, it is often difficult to meet the criteria for orbs and time unless you know the map like the back of your hand.

Apologies if I have my facts wrong on any of that, I'm going off memory from 10 years ago, and haven't picked up the DMC HD Collection (yet). I was never a great DMC player (didn't even finish DMD) but S Ranking the entire game on Normal, and seeing the bonus unlockable, was one of my most proud non-trophy achievements on the PS2, alongside 100%ing GTA3 and VC, and there is still something about the game I like a lot more than even DMC3 which has superior combat and level selecting.

God it makes me want to ditch the Jak games and go buy it, lol...