XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #21
nerdik

DMD not so hard once you got all blue & purple bar + 5-10 untouchebles--memory serves well after ps2. Completed 11 missions in 1 sitting.
p.s
Completed dmd--super dante unlocked.
p.s 2
Platinum))

Last edited by nerdik; 04-13-2012 at 01:57 PM.
nerdik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #22
Dark_Raven666

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Gold   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Silver   Helping Hand   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   The Silver Lining   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

For anyone having trouble developing a technique for bosses, this guy should help.
Dark_Raven666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #23
nerdik

This guy real good but it takes too much patience & time. Much simplier way collect enough gold stars, 10 was enough for me.
nerdik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #24
kiwiatlarge

And to think, back in the day there were guys on gamefaqs who used to S Rank DMD mode and not use items at all...

Not me though, I do have a series of PS2 normal and hard saves where I think I finished normal the usual non faq way, finished hard, followed up with a collectable run to max out all my bars and complete the secret missions, and then finally a run where I S ranked every mission on Normal.. My DMD run stalled about mission 12 or 13.

Unlike DMC3 of course, you can't just replay missions, so each time you fail the S rank criteria, you have to reload..

Regarding SB ranking... it was something the 'gods' of the game used to aim for, and involves reaching the criteria in 3 categories. To get just an S rank you only have to reach the criteria in 2 categories, which is actually a lot easier. Most missions you can sacrifice one of three. It is usually a tradeoff of orbs vs time. Depending on the type of mission, you usually go into it aiming for a fast completion time and no damage, or vice versa get the red orb target and no damage. Boss missions are usually easiest from memory going for red orb target and time, and sacrificing the damage criteria. With the exception of the boss missions, it is often difficult to meet the criteria for orbs and time unless you know the map like the back of your hand.

Apologies if I have my facts wrong on any of that, I'm going off memory from 10 years ago, and haven't picked up the DMC HD Collection (yet). I was never a great DMC player (didn't even finish DMD) but S Ranking the entire game on Normal, and seeing the bonus unlockable, was one of my most proud non-trophy achievements on the PS2, alongside 100%ing GTA3 and VC, and there is still something about the game I like a lot more than even DMC3 which has superior combat and level selecting.

God it makes me want to ditch the Jak games and go buy it, lol...
kiwiatlarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #25
Dark_Raven666

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Gold   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Silver   Helping Hand   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   The Silver Lining   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

I'm finding my DMD rankings quite hilarious so far. Every chapter that doesn't have a boss - S rank. Every chapter that does have a boss - D rank. Wonder if I can keep that up
Dark_Raven666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #26
Ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koke View Post
Wow did not think Mundus would really require that many untouchables while in his second form. Guess I'll keep that in mind once I reach that part.
One untouchable roughly will allow you to take out 25% of his health in DMD.

So even with two it's still not a piece of cake..
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #27
Ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiatlarge View Post
And to think, back in the day there were guys on gamefaqs who used to S Rank DMD mode and not use items at all...

Not me though, I do have a series of PS2 normal and hard saves where I think I finished normal the usual non faq way, finished hard, followed up with a collectable run to max out all my bars and complete the secret missions, and then finally a run where I S ranked every mission on Normal.. My DMD run stalled about mission 12 or 13.

Unlike DMC3 of course, you can't just replay missions, so each time you fail the S rank criteria, you have to reload..

Regarding SB ranking... it was something the 'gods' of the game used to aim for, and involves reaching the criteria in 3 categories. To get just an S rank you only have to reach the criteria in 2 categories, which is actually a lot easier. Most missions you can sacrifice one of three. It is usually a tradeoff of orbs vs time. Depending on the type of mission, you usually go into it aiming for a fast completion time and no damage, or vice versa get the red orb target and no damage. Boss missions are usually easiest from memory going for red orb target and time, and sacrificing the damage criteria. With the exception of the boss missions, it is often difficult to meet the criteria for orbs and time unless you know the map like the back of your hand.

Apologies if I have my facts wrong on any of that, I'm going off memory from 10 years ago, and haven't picked up the DMC HD Collection (yet). I was never a great DMC player (didn't even finish DMD) but S Ranking the entire game on Normal, and seeing the bonus unlockable, was one of my most proud non-trophy achievements on the PS2, alongside 100%ing GTA3 and VC, and there is still something about the game I like a lot more than even DMC3 which has superior combat and level selecting.

God it makes me want to ditch the Jak games and go buy it, lol...

I can see with very good skills beating everything without items except Mundus phase 1...
Mundus phase 1 in DMD is crazy if you do not use devil stars...........
Old 04-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #28
Ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzman View Post
This platinum trophy makes all other platinums trophies for little girls. Even veteran mode on COD will shrivel like a tiny raisin compared to this Hell.
It's insane. I've never played DMD myself, but I've heared the tales. Frustration will be everywhere and your health will go down massively from 1 hit. Bosses will have to be slain pretty much perfectly without receiving a single hit.
I've heared "Holy Water" can help you very much in these cases.

If you manage to knit this trophy, you can call yourself a true hero/no-lifer, whatever you see fit. And you will probably know the game by heart.

That said, DMC 2 is even harder than DMC 1 (and I find it pretty challenging already).
As for the items, I think they get more and more expensive as you play, so I'd suggest going through normal without buying/using items or use them very sparingly. After all, you will have to continue through hard AND DMD. So the longer you can hold out without items, the cheaper it will be later on.

Good luck, you will need it... A LOT!!!
The main issue is that holy water damage is reduced a lot in DMD so typically you will only have collected enough for one DMD boss, you just have to choose which one you want to cheese out ( I picked Nelo Angelo 3).

In normal it takes 2 holy water to kill Nelo Angelo 3.
in DMD I used 7 and he still had some life left.....
Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #29
Angry Gargoyle

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I also got frustrated that the flying dante section had inverted controls in DMD. I would be flying beautifully dodging everything perfectly, then my brain would say "hey you are doing it wrong, up is supposed to be up dude!" and then do a half arsed circle and cut right through his beam attack (which removes half of your health).

However, it is only the bosses that make DMD hard, the rest of it is a piece of cake.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #30
DSHODAN

well personally i think DMC1's dante must die isn't as hard as DMC3's DMD mode, if you played 3's DMD mode you should be fine if not, then yea your in for a ride, a rough one, but like always practice makes perfect, beat the game, don't let the game beat you.