Rate the trophy difficulty...  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.14

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmon, it would be higher esp dmd mode nightmare, nelo and mundus. Hell griffon 2 and 3 were tough. And S-rank dmd is not the real difficulty, sb rank dmd - thats the tough stuff, never could do that mundus mission without needing an immortal.

I don't have the plat yet but having gotten the equivalent of it back on the PS2, DMD mode probably puts this at a pretty solid 7 to 8. I'll withhold my vote until I actually have the plat though.

:edit: Actually, technically I didn't get the plat back on the PS2. Didn't get 'Read you like a book'. That's more of an annoyance rather than actually being difficult though.

Edited by postofficebuddy

I give it about a 5. Dante Must Die Mode gets REALLY tough around Mission 15 or so (personally). The final fight against Nelo Angelo gave me the most trouble. Make sure to hold on to your Devil Stars for Mundus' first form and your Untouchables for his second form and you should be okay. Just take your time and try to memorize the enemy patters on Normal and Hard modes - it comes in handy later (TRUST ME).

The one trophy that was the most annoying for me was the enemy entries trophy. The Sin Scythes took forever to do their moves and I found it a bit tough to get behind the Blades.

It's not too bad of a platinum.

I'm at M16 DMD and am nearing the plat, and I would probably rate this game a 6 or 7 - the same as Bayonetta. Since there are no rank or item restrictions so you can just cheese your way through the toughest difficulty levels with items, getting D ranks for each mission.

S-rank DMD runs, that would be a 9.5/10. SB runs, around 11/10. But as it is, this is probably a 6 or 7.

Just got the plat tonight, I give it an 8 because of dante must die mode. If you dont plan ahead for it during your first couple play-throughs on normal and hard by saving all the holy waters, untouchables, and devil stars you can, it will be even more horrendous. I used 2 untouchables on nelo 3, one untouchable on nightmare 3 (after memorizing his attack patterns), 2 untouchables on mundus 2. As well as others earlier in the game I cant remember, but those are the hardest battles. good luck everyone.

It will be a 9 for me. Just because I find the game more harder than Bayonetta and also because the Gold trophy "I read you like a book" can be a pain to accomplish. Waiting for the enemy to hit you with a specific attack is more a question of luck than other thing. :rolleyes: For example, I've done more than 15 try to let the fetishist put his grabbing attack on me. What a boring thing... :mad:

im very good in these games, but i still gave 8... i had some problems in Griffon 2 and 3, Nelo Angelo 3, Nightmare 3. Mundus was Piece of cake only becaus i saved many untouchables, even though i only used 1.

The enemy files trophy was pain-in-the-arse. thats the only 1 i havent done in ps2..

I only used internet for 3 blue orbs and 5 secret mission locations plus for like 10 enemy files.

I really enjoyed my time re-playing this game.

I give it an 8. DMD was easier than expected, only having trouble against Nelo 3 and Nightmare 3, both of whom were taken care of with the plethora of items. Same goes for Mundus, the huge stock of Devil Stars and Untouchables that can be found in 3 previous playthroughs is more than enough to finish the battle unscathed.

However saying that, it was still difficult, and I would've probably pushed it to a 9 if I had to do those boss battles without the use of items. Though at least I would've had plenty of chances to get it right, given I finished with over 100 yellow orbs :rolleyes:

9 for me (with 10 being impossible). Easily harder than Demon's Souls or Dead Space 2 which rate an 8+

Griffon 3, Nelo Angelo 3 and Mundus 2nd form gave me severe headaches and I could not win without using a holy water or an untouchable. Hell, even phantom was a pain to beat.

Funnilly enough, I thought that Nightmare was easy if you deflect the side spears and boomerang. It stuns him and allows you to do a segment and a half damage to him.

The difficulty on DMD was exacerbated by the awful, awful camera switching around when you were evading during boss fights. This was especially prevalent in the Griffon fights.

EDIT: I did not cheese my way through this and played it like a man with few items.

Edited by Furious Gargoyle

Gave it an 8. It's probably a 7.5 but you can't vote that...

I came prepared to DMD with many consumables but still had problems with the following bosses :

- Griffon 2

- Griffon 3 ( once you get a good strat with Iffrit he isn't that hard..)

- Nightmare 1

- Nightmare 3 ( with 2 red cores, took forever to kill him, most attacks don't even dent his health).

- Mundus..( I came with a ton of consumables but this wasn't enough, 1 untouchable will take out roughly 25% of his life in phase 2)

For those going for the plat here are things to know :

- 11 devil stars is not enough to kill Mundus in phase 1 fight, you need 13 I believe ( but with 11 he isn't that hard).

- Have untouchables for the end of nightmare fight ( the core becomes exposed ) or you're going to pull your hair out ( I had to use 2 there because of the 2 red cores...)

Nelo Angelo 3 didn't make my list although he is very hard because I just cheesed him out using every holy water I had collected in previous runs ( I used 7 holy water + still had to do like 20% of his health as regular damage..).

Edited by Ail

For those going for the plat here are things to know :

- 11 devil stars is not enough to kill Mundus in phase 1 fight, you need 13 I believe ( but with 11 he isn't that hard).

I only needed 4 on DMD? His first form is not very hard, just break his shield and use max DT. Takes about 4 or 5 to kill him. It's only really the angel ray thing that can get you if you circle clockwise (on screen). 2nd form however.......

I give it a 6. I just Platinumed this in 2~3 days, I say more 2 days because I only had 3 missions left in DMD during the 3rd day.

Its probably because I played DMC1 on the PS2 WAY too often... I checked my PS2 save file and its says I did 33 playthrought (11 for each characters)... :p

So I knew the enemies & bosses pattern already. DMD wasn't that much difficult, its was only until Griffon 3 that I started using items.

Now to Platinum DMC2 & DMC3. Not looking forward to DMD DMC3 and Bloody Palace for both. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Without DMC there is no God of War. It pioneered the beserk action hack and slash type of game that created (GOW, bayonetta, darksiders ect). It still holds up pretty good but looks a bit aged in the cutscenes.

Good game, but hard as nails on higher difficulties. It is my hardest platinum to date easy (DMC HD - still have to do 2 & 3)

I can't go higher than a 4.

Yeah, sure, Dante Must Die! is one of the hardest difficulties around, but it's within anyone's reach because it's only DMD! and not, say, all S ranks on DMD!.

Let's say you totally suck eggs at this game, you can still platinum it because the trophies aren't challenging except for DMD!, and that can be gotten through by even the worst players: with a max'd out Dante anyone should be able to get through a Normal playthrough in 90 - 120 minutes tops; you can pick up 5 untouchables, around 6 devil stars, and around 7 holy waters per playthrough, which means that - after completing Normal and Hard - you could just play Normal over and over again until you have enough items to cheese your way through every single boss...So, let's say you put in, I don't know, 20 hours of Normal playthroughs without wasting a single item, you could probably "item" your way through DMD! in a few hours - doing it that way would be a bit time-consuming, but it would render DMD! a pretty simple affair.

If you play it straight and are new to the game, it's still not too bad if only because the missions are so short that failing any of them doesn't set you back; the main difficulty is putting in, say, 15 minutes of whittling down Mundus's health and then mistiming a roll and having to do the whole thing over again...

But, anyways, these trophies are only as hard as you want to make them; you would need to get through a normal and hard playthrough without using items (which is actually beyond easy if you know what you're doing) in order to make item-grinding less time consuming (if you were to go down that path), and that's pretty much the only place where the difficulty really lies; this trophy list could have been so much harder than it actually is...

I ended up voting a 5 which was hard for me to do but a 5 seems fair because this plat can either be quite hard or very easy depending on how you play. I just completed DMD using very few items and for me I would rate the experience a 9. I am not the best DMC player, not bad but the controls and especially the camera in this game just seem totally outdated now. Which made DMD seem a lot more frustrating. I absolutely despise the freaking camera!

However, after learning that there's no limit to how many Untouchables, Holy Waters, Etc, you can carry I have to give it a low difficulty rating. You could easily run through the game on normal in 90 mins or less, farming items over and over which would completely remove any difficulty from DMD mode. Theoretically you could farm enough Untouchables to make you invulnerable for the duration of every single boss fight.

I give it a 7

As somebody who is not very experience or good at hack n slash games.

Only reason it gets a 7 is because a few of the bosses in DMD are tough as hell, Nelo Angelo 3, Griffon 3, and Nightmare 3.

Couldn't beat Nelo 3 without spending an Untouchable as those swords he fires at you are a pain to dodge and do insane damage.

Griffon 3 was a bit less of a pain, managed to get his health low but didn't have a vital star so popped 3 holy waters to finish him off.

Nightmare 3 is what most people have trouble with, however I managed to beat him fairly easily, didn't need to spam all my holy waters or untouchables just a couple of each. Once you learn how to rack up your runes with Ifrit and pummel his core with charged punches and kicks he goes down in minutes.

Used the rest of my untouchables on Mundus 2.

Without being able to stack items it would easily be a 8 for me.

Edited by Sellers

I give it a 7

Nightmare 3 is what most people have trouble with, however I managed to beat him fairly easily, didn't need to spam all my holy waters or untouchables just a couple of each. Once you learn how to rack up your runes with Ifrit and pummel his core with charged punches and kicks he goes down in minutes.

Nightmare is the easiest. Deflect his side spear attack and his boomerang attack with Alastor by pressing :triangle:. It stuns him and you can do a segment and a half damage to him. He is the only boss with a routine attack pattern so you can demolish him quickly. You do need an untouchable for his last stand though.

Griffon 3 was terrible mainly because of the shithouse camera switching when you were dodging the lightning attacks.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm with mitsuru on this one,it's a 4 not more,with a bit of planing you can cheat through dmd without too much troubles,even if you suck at the game just do a few normal runs and hoard items,the game is criminally short anyway

if they wanted you to clear dmd on a new game then it would be a 7-10 for sure,but clearing dmd on new game++?not really challenging