Rate the trophy difficulty...  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.93

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote an 9, although for old-timers/vets this will only be a 6-7.

The fact that you can spam items for DMD (30 Vital Star S/M/L anyone?) makes this gold trophy only a slow crawl, and not a wall of impossibility, to those who just want to get the trophy.

Bloody Palace is something that requires skills, and just can't be cheesed.

If S/SS ranks were required then we're going to 10/10-11/10 territory but as it is it's fairly manageable.

I vote an 9, although for old-timers/vets this will only be a 6-7.

The fact that you can spam items for DMD (30 Vital Star S/M/L anyone?) makes this gold trophy only a slow crawl, and not a wall of impossibility, to those who just want to get the trophy.

Bloody Palace is something that requires skills, and just can't be cheesed.

If S/SS ranks were required then we're going to 10/10-11/10 territory but as it is it's fairly manageable.

You DO need to s rank all missions at somepoint but that can be done on easy mode

I give this a solid 8. The hardest parts are definitely the last few chapters on DMD Mode. But once you get past that its smooth sailing from there since you get unlimited Devil Trigger and health regeneration. (Making Bloody Palace a joke) S ranking chapters isn't a big deal either. (IMO Chapter 13 is annoying as shit to S)

Most people going for plat will find themselves farming lots of items just to get past the last chapter alone.

Edited by RipvanX

This is the only game that I have ever played that I have just been able to beat. Maybe it was because I was so much younger when this came out... i don't know, I'm not even talking about DMD difficulty. i dunno what it was. I look forward to getting revenge on this game someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that I had never played DMC3 back on the PS2, it was initially harder than DMC1 to get into, as I had plenty of previous experience with DMC1. However in saying that, by the latter difficulties, DMC3 was ever so slightly easier, especially given the ability to use Super Dante for DMD. Also, Bloody Palace was merely a tedious cakewalk with the use of Super Sparda.

I gave DMC1 an 8, therefore I'll give this a 7.

How can you give this a 4 and then give Bayonetta a 7 ????

Like I said, I played both DMC3 and DMC3:SE back on the PS2 so I had plenty of previous experience with DMC3. I knew everything(secret missions, how to defeat bosses) in this game.

Besides, once you beat Very Hard, you unlock Super Dante and you can use it to play on DMD. And for BP, if you use Super Dante and Quicksilver, it makes BP really piece of cake.

With Bayonetta, I didn't have any experience. I knew nothing which makes things difficult. If I never played DMC3 before, then sure, I'd have given DMC3 an 8 or something like that.

For me its a 5 or 6, I really didnt have much trouble with the game, but DMC 3 was the one i played the most of and the one I mostly liked of the 3, The only part i had trouble with was the last fight with Vergil on DMD because he would devil trigger too much and would regenerate his health faster than i was giving him during the last second half of his health, but i was using rebellion the first time and that all changed once i switched to beuwolf.

Edited by Nova Crystal

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my platinum last night, and I'm going to give this a 7/10.:) I only managed to survive DMD Mode up to Chapter 4 (managed to defeat Cerberus without using item. >_<) and have to go back to VH to get the Super Dante costume.:p Super Sparda costume made BP a joke with non-stop health regeneration and unlimited use of Quicksilver and Doppelganger. Overall, the whole experience was enjoyable. ^_^

Time to go back and play the other 2 remaining DMC games and move on.:D

With Bayonetta, I didn't have any experience. I knew nothing which makes things difficult. If I never played DMC3 before, then sure, I'd have given DMC3 an 8 or something like that.

That's not how these ratings are supposed to work. The order you play games in should not influence what difficulty you give it. Nor should your prior experience. Otherwise games which primarily attract a hardcore audience would, counterintuitively, get lower average difficulty scores than something aimed at casuals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
That's not how these ratings are supposed to work. The order you play games in should not influence what difficulty you give it. Nor should your prior experience. Otherwise games which primarily attract a hardcore audience would, counterintuitively, get lower average difficulty scores than something aimed at casuals.

With rating systems like this, there will always be many people that just don't know how to rate correctly. Some people just don't realize the point of these difficulty ratings is so that any random person can check it to get an idea whether or not they would be able to earn the platinum trophy. If you're the type of person that wins fighting game tournaments, it's nice that you can say you had an easy time getting every platinum trophy for each fighting game, but rating each game a 1 doesn't really help the people that will be looking at the ratings.

In this case, you're absolutely right. Prior experience has no bearing on the rating of difficulty. It's nice if it made the game easier for someone, but it doesn't really mean anything toward the number you select. I know it's not easy to separate personal experience, but these ratings can't be judged completely off personal experience if they're going to be as accurate as can be.

• 2 weeks later...

From the FAQ:

Trophy Difficulty: As of now, the trophy difficulty rating must be comprised of the average of the Platinum Difficulty polls for each game. We have found that the average score of these threads is the most accurate way of gauging a game's trophy difficulty, rather than one individual's opinion.

In other words, it's all about one's opinion. There are some guides that even say "skill dependant". Is there something wrong with that? Now, if you want to know how much I struggled to get all of the trophies when I played this HD collection, well, I didn't have much problem and did everything fast. It took me 10 days to get all 3 platinum trophies without even using a guide IIRC.

From the Voting guidelines:

Vote with honesty and integrity.

I would be lying if I said this game is a 9 since I barely died in each difficult setting including DMD. I was just being honest.