Best way to farm red orbs (80k-100k orbs in 12mins)

max11111

found this in a chinese gaming forum,tested it and it was very efficient

choose dante mission 9,equip ur SMG, when the mission starts,rush all the way to the lava area.

when you are in the lava area, jump onto the left platform to make the flying bugs spawn,then jump down to the lava pool and start :

1) roll back and forth like crazy until you get a S rank stylish

2)start shooting by holding the :square: button, the bugs will now drop green and white orbs, when your DT gauge is full, each white orb will be converted into 500 red orbs. (your health will be gradually decreased in the lava pool, but no worry the bugs will drop alot of green orbs)

3)if you get hit, simply repeat step 1 and 2.

Remember to save the game before the time runs out

Hope this helps :applause:

I think i perfected this method. I get about 550K on average per 12 mins. My highest was 570k. And yes thats 570,000 in 12 mins. :eek:

If it doesnt work for you youre doing something wrong. I can get 500k easily every single time i try.

Though getting 1 million orbs is enough to max every gun, sword, and max every item you can hold.

I think i perfected this method. I get about 550K on average per 12 mins. My highest was 570k. And yes thats 570,000 in 12 mins. :eek:

If it doesnt work for you youre doing something wrong. I can get 500k easily every single time i try.

Though getting 1 million orbs is enough to max every gun, sword, and max every item you can hold.

whoa holy fuck! thats cool well i must b doin something wrong then :(

This works amazing. I got 120k orbs in 12 minutes. Kudos for this method. It will speed up my item farming for BP mode.

I was farming too, till i read about super Dante/Lucia/Trish.

The answer how to get it is in this spoiler. It's not cheat, it's secter.

[spoiler=asd1]You need to beat Dante/Lucia Must Die. Then when you are in level select, hold all top buttons (R1 R2 L1 L2) and select level or BP. Don't let thode buttons, until you can move your character

I don't know if it works in ps2 version, since i heard it just few weeks ago. Have fun

• 4 weeks later...

This does work, it's just the TC didn't do a very good job of explaining it. I guess someone put up a video of it (which the creator notes he found the strat here) and he does a much better job of showing you how to do it right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sov8kgv9w5A]Devil May Cry 2 fastest Orb Farming method - YouTube[/ame]

Two things the video doesn't really tell you (unless I missed it): the corner that he goes to works, but just make sure you don't move into it as far as possible. If you do, you'll have targeting problems. Second, you'll want to just stand there and shoot for a while, I would say maybe 15+ seconds (that's a guesstimate, try some experimenting), then collect your orbs. You're a lot more efficient if you wait for a bit before spamming evade to collect. Although it's kind of hard to tell how many are in the area, since the orbs are just everywhere, I would usually shoot for a bit, and then each time I stopped I usually collected an amount in the 40k-50k range.

The only thing that's kind of annoying about it is to get the S rank initially, since Dante likes to run up walls more than anything else. If you do get a good side-to-side dodge rhythm going though, it goes up to S quickly.

I just earned 650k in less than 11 minutes.

• 2 months later...

For Lucia's disc.

I could not keep a Showtime combo going with Trish, the flies would go in weird places and the combo died.

I started double jumping around in the lava and it worked better. I get interrupted by a hit sometimes but I didn't have my combo die because you can't hit the target.

100k in 10 minutes, just about enough for "To the Max" trophy.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any other way to farm red orbs on lucias disk??? Using trish at lava pit doesnt work. I get showtime rank and i keep it going but no green or white orbs drop at all. I did it with dante and got over 600k at one time so i know im doing it right. Upgrading all arsenals for lucia is my last trophy till plat.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...