DMC2 Cheats

LHC

I didn´t even know that DMC2 had cheats till some days ago.

It wont disable the Trophies too, tested with the Pal (German) Version of the Game.

To activate the Cheats you need to have played atleast through Mission 1 on any Disc.

Then Go to the "Press Start Button"-Screen and here you go, if correct you will hear a Sound:

L3,R3,L1,R1,L2,R2,L3,R3 - Level Select (Reiquired at First)

L1+R2+L3+R3 (hold for atleast 10 Seconds) - Trish Unlocked

Triangle, Triangle, Square> Right> Up> Left> Down (Dpad)> L 3> R 3> X > O - Must Die Costume

Doing so on Both Discs will unlock the Bloody Palace, DMD, Hard Mode right away.

So you could start Right at DMD with trish.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn´t even know that DMC2 had cheats till some days ago.

It wont disable the Trophies too, tested with the Pal (German) Version of the Game.

To activate the Cheats you need to have played atleast through Mission 1 on any Disc.

Then Go to the "Press Start Button"-Screen and here you go, if correct you will hear a Sound:

L3,R3,L1,R1,L2,R2,L3,R3 - Level Select (Reiquired at First)

L1+R2+L3+R3 (hold for atleast 10 Seconds) - Trish Unlocked

Triangle, Triangle, Square> Right> Up> Left> Down (Dpad)> L 3> R 3> X > O - Must Die Costume

Doing so on Both Discs will unlock the Bloody Palace, DMD, Hard Mode right away.

So you could start Right at DMD with trish.

I can confirm trophies still pop, working towards DMD right now with cheats active will reply back as soon as I finish. I have gotten max devil trigger trophy so far with cheats active.

Im glad sometine tested it, since it might sound obvious since im a Nobody here ^^

Anyways, i looked at the Xbox Archievements Board - Xbox360Achievements.org - View Single Post - DMC2's bloody palace..

The Method of this Guy works with the Trish Cheat,

simply press & hold : R1,R2,L1,L2

select and hold the Palace with X,

till the Level 1 starts and you hear a Sound,

and here you go Infinite Devil Trigger ^^

EDIT: Seems that this trick also works for the campaign...xD

weird

Edited by LHC

Im glad sometine tested it, since it might sound obvious since im a Nobody here ^^

Anyways, i looked at the Xbox Archievements Board - Xbox360Achievements.org - View Single Post - DMC2's bloody palace..

The Method of this Guy works with the Trish Cheat,

simply press & hold : R1,R2,L1,L2

select and hold the Palace with X,

till the Level 1 starts and you hear a Sound,

and here you go Infinite Devil Trigger ^^

EDIT: Seems that this trick also works for the campaign...xD

weird

For some reason I can't get this to work for either disc. I've beaten DMD for both characters, though I used Trish does that matter?

Try this

Select LOAD

Change your character to Trish

Select your SAVE file with golden medal displayed and select LOAD

Now press L1, L2, R1, R2 and hold them all

While holding those 4 buttons select Bloody Palace and press X.

Don't let go of any buttons until the game starts.

It worked for me like a charm. Maybe You've got American version of the game? Please specify so we could figure out what's wrong.

Try this

Select LOAD

It worked for me like a charm. Maybe You've got American version of the game? Please specify so we could figure out what's wrong.

Yes I have the US version of the game.

Try this

Select LOAD

Yeah I've tried that with no luck for either character. I'm in Canada so I presume mine's Canadian, especially since the back is in English and French.

So can anyone confirm which cheats work for which versions of the game? Is it just the Infinite DT cheat that is exclusive to PAL versions, or is that the case for all the cheats? Want to add them to my guide, but need to know what they work for first :rolleyes:

EDIT: Okay, I've tested myself (PAL version), and the Infinite DT cheat works, and the three individual cheats work, however I've done it on both discs after completing Mission 1 and it hasn't immediately unlocked Hard, Must Die and Bloody Palace Modes. So those who have unlocked these modes through the cheats, what exactly was done to unlock them? At the moment my guide reflects exactly what the TC said, and it didn't work for me. Doing the cheats unlocked (for Dante): Mission Select (can only select 1 and 2), Diesel Dante, DMC1 Dante and Trish. (For Lucia): Mission Select (can only select 1 and 2), Diesel 1 Lucia, Diesel 2 Lucia and Secretary, but no Trish.

Edited by Dark_Raven666

I entered the codes for both discs but non of the extra difficulties were unlocked. Plus with the level select I can only seem to select levels that I have already completed I thought I'd be able to jump straight to the final mission.

Edited by pocoyo

Well i actually just entered the Codes as i listed em, while i had some Mission 1 Saves for Dante and Lucia.

at first the level select, then the Trish one, then the DMD One. Then I Saved again,

entere on the Other Disc and saved again.

Cause the Higher Modes do only unlock if you beat the Game with both Characters on Normal, Hard, DMD.

This is my explanation actually xD

So maybe this whole stuff is really Regionlocked. Germans have no problems.

Edited by LHC

So can anyone confirm which cheats work for which versions of the game? Is it just the Infinite DT cheat that is exclusive to PAL versions, or is that the case for all the cheats? Want to add them to my guide, but need to know what they work for first :rolleyes:

EDIT: Okay, I've tested myself (PAL version), and the Infinite DT cheat works, and the three individual cheats work, however I've done it on both discs after completing Mission 1 and it hasn't immediately unlocked Hard, Must Die and Bloody Palace Modes. So those who have unlocked these modes through the cheats, what exactly was done to unlock them? At the moment my guide reflects exactly what the TC said, and it didn't work for me. Doing the cheats unlocked (for Dante): Mission Select (can only select 1 and 2), Diesel Dante, DMC1 Dante and Trish. (For Lucia): Mission Select (can only select 1 and 2), Diesel 1 Lucia, Diesel 2 Lucia and Secretary, but no Trish.

Well i actually just entered the Codes as i listed em, while i had some Mission 1 Saves for Dante and Lucia.

at first the level select, then the Trish one, then the DMD One. Then I Saved again,

entere on the Other Disc and saved again.

Cause the Higher Modes do only unlock if you beat the Game with both Characters on Normal, Hard, DMD.

This is my explanation actually xD

So maybe this whole stuff is really Regionlocked. Germans have no problems.

Ok so I used the first set of cheats on my version of the game, and I am in the States. The first set to unlock mission select, DMD, and Trish all worked like a charm. I had to put them in on both discs with a save from mission one completed. After that was done I had the ability to select Trish and play on DMD mode. If you check my trophies I unlocked DMD trophy before I unlocked Hard mode. So they DO NOT stack. However I CAN NOT get the Infinite DT cheat to work on my version. I have a friend who has an American Disc and a Japanese Disc. He is going to try and switch discs after he beats DMD mode to try the infinite DT trick. As soon as he lets me know if it works I will reply, and let you know. But like I said the first set of cheats work on the American version.

Ok so I used the first set of cheats on my version of the game, and I am in the States. The first set to unlock mission select, DMD, and Trish all worked like a charm. I had to put them in on both discs with a save from mission one completed. After that was done I had the ability to select Trish and play on DMD mode. If you check my trophies I unlocked DMD trophy before I unlocked Hard mode. So they DO NOT stack. However I CAN NOT get the Infinite DT cheat to work on my version. I have a friend who has an American Disc and a Japanese Disc. He is going to try and switch discs after he beats DMD mode to try the infinite DT trick. As soon as he lets me know if it works I will reply, and let you know. But like I said the first set of cheats work on the American version.

Hmm, well the other modes didn't unlock for me, strangely enough. I highly doubt it would be something Region-based, as the TC used a German PAL, whereas I used a UK PAL, so they're the same Region, not to mention your NTSC version worked. There must be something else that would trigger it.

You had DMD Mode unlocked on the first disc without doing it on the second disc? How much had you guys done, mission-wise, before doing the cheats? As I've done them on fresh data with only the first missions complete for both, yet no further difficulties have unlocked, nor all the missions via Mission Select.

In case it helps figure out the mystery, here's my info.

* Infinite DT cheat did *not* work for me.

* Region: U.S.

* Completion: Lucia Must Die mode complete, Dante Must Die *not* complete. Attempted on my Lucia save (with the gold icon).

In case it helps figure out the mystery, here's my info.

* Infinite DT cheat did *not* work for me.

* Region: U.S.

* Completion: Lucia Must Die mode complete, Dante Must Die *not* complete. Attempted on my Lucia save (with the gold icon).

Okay, that pretty much confirms that the Infinite DT cheat doesn't work for NTSC Region 1, but I'm still confused as to how the cheats unlock Hard, Must Die and Bloody Palace, as I haven't been able to replicate it myself.

Tsk tsk tsk. Must you guys cheat? DMC is a game which relies on skill. Sure DMC2 is shit. Its amazingly boring. But would Dante approve of what you are doing?

DMC is a series that is too cool that i feel you shouldn't abuse cheats. Even on its retarded cousin of dmc2. Its like taking advantage of a drunk chick. Doesn't feel right.

Besides, its not asking you to s-rank all the missions. You should be proud to earn the plat. Not cheat with some bullcrap.

Well each to their own.

Tsk tsk tsk. Must you guys cheat? DMC is a game which relies on skill. Sure DMC2 is shit. Its amazingly boring. But would Dante approve of what you are doing?

DMC is a series that is too cool that i feel you shouldn't abuse cheats. Even on its retarded cousin of dmc2. Its like taking advantage of a drunk chick. Doesn't feel right.

Besides, its not asking you to s-rank all the missions. You should be proud to earn the plat. Not cheat with some bullcrap.

Well each to their own.

First of all, I want to know about this so I can add it to my guide. The purpose of the guide is to offer people the easiest method through the game, whether that be through an unintentional glitch, through boosting online trophies (in other games, obviously), or taking advantage of cheats that were already in the game, intentionally.

You have a somewhat elitist attitude on the matter, and shouldn't really judge other people for how they play their games. And besides, these cheats (other than the Infinite DT cheat) don't make the game any easier, skill-wise, as all it does it saves you a few unnecessary playthroughs. You would still require the same level of skill to do 3 playthroughs as you would 5 playthroughs, given that with the cheats you still have to do all the difficulties.

Bloody Palace isn't about skills, its about endurance to not fall asleep in the middle of it. Same for DMC2's DMD where enemies (Infested Tanks) and bosses can take 30 minutes of shooting to kill.

Well each to their own.

The thing is,i played this Piece of Awefullness back when it was Released for the PS2.

It wasnt worth the Time spending on it. I posted this stuff here, so no ONE HAS to play this Awefull Game about 5 Times+. So they can rush Hard & DMD in 1Hour and 10Minutes with Trish (Lucia Disc).

I do not even want to have a Platinum of DMC2 to be honest.

Afterall... these are Capcoms Cheats and they didnt Block the Trophys on DMC2, but on DMC3. Maybe because they realised after all these years, that throwing Dante in this Game and calling it DMC2 back then was just for the Money.