XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > D (PS3) > Devil May Cry 2 HD

Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Why so much hate????

I know i might get punished for posting this lol, but i actually liked this game....i know it obviously is not as good as all the other games but by no means is this the terrible game that everyone seems to think it is.....I just picked up the collection and I am halfway through the first and looking forward to the second game....does anyone else feel this way or am i alone on this one????
Puner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Where's the hate?

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just in general from almost everyone i talk too says this game is awful.....and i find myself defending it to friends and such...just wanted to see what others thought
Puner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Gold   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Silver   Helping Hand   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   The Silver Lining   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

In comparison to the other Devil May Cry games, it is terrible.

As a stand alone title, it isn't terrible.
Dark_Raven666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

I enjoyed this game alot... Not as much as 3 (even though I never was able to beat 3 back in the day. Will this time though!), but I thought 2 was very good. I just didn't like using Lucia... Didn't really see the point of them throwing her in there. I also don't see why there was so much hate towards 4 either. I LOVED 4. In fact I didn't even buy it because of how bad everyone said it was until about a month ago cause I found it at play n trade for 13 dollars
Old 04-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Jack of All Trades   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I just Platinumed DMC1 and started this one... I forgot how horrible this was. I feel like going to sleep after every mission. Chaos Legion was more enjoyable than this.

I can't wait to be done with this and move on to DMC3.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Its almost Superman 64 bad...
ChrisBalrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puner View Post
I know i might get punished for posting this lol, but i actually liked this game....i know it obviously is not as good as all the other games but by no means is this the terrible game that everyone seems to think it is.....I just picked up the collection and I am halfway through the first and looking forward to the second game....does anyone else feel this way or am i alone on this one????
Game play is terrible, game mechanics are terrible the stupid customisable emblems wich basically split up the Devil Trigger powers from DMC1 and makes you use them seperatley are terrible. The cast is terrible as is the voice acting. and the story is terrible. If anyone thinks i have missed anything feel free to add.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Jack of All Trades   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante1530 View Post
Game play is terrible, game mechanics are terrible the stupid customisable emblems wich basically split up the Devil Trigger powers from DMC1 and makes you use them seperatley are terrible. The cast is terrible as is the voice acting. and the story is terrible. If anyone thinks i have missed anything feel free to add.
I will say the overall Soundtrack is also terrible.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

Well compared to the other dmc's its terrible, you can just shoot your way through everything, boss strategies are way too simple, and that is too mostly shoot at them, you won't even remember you have a sword except on the occasional fight, and of course Dante's attitude is totally different, that and also that it doesn't connect very well story wise like Dmc 1,3,and 4 do. So yea, but it isn't bad looking as a game, and Dante's cloth looks cool same as the hair, but other than that its pretty bad.