Why so much hate????

Puner

I know i might get punished for posting this lol, but i actually liked this game....i know it obviously is not as good as all the other games but by no means is this the terrible game that everyone seems to think it is.....I just picked up the collection and I am halfway through the first and looking forward to the second game....does anyone else feel this way or am i alone on this one????

I enjoyed this game alot... Not as much as 3 (even though I never was able to beat 3 back in the day. Will this time though!), but I thought 2 was very good. I just didn't like using Lucia... Didn't really see the point of them throwing her in there. I also don't see why there was so much hate towards 4 either. I LOVED 4. In fact I didn't even buy it because of how bad everyone said it was until about a month ago cause I found it at play n trade for 13 dollars

I know i might get punished for posting this lol, but i actually liked this game....i know it obviously is not as good as all the other games but by no means is this the terrible game that everyone seems to think it is.....I just picked up the collection and I am halfway through the first and looking forward to the second game....does anyone else feel this way or am i alone on this one????

Game play is terrible, game mechanics are terrible the stupid customisable emblems wich basically split up the Devil Trigger powers from DMC1 and makes you use them seperatley are terrible. The cast is terrible as is the voice acting. and the story is terrible. If anyone thinks i have missed anything feel free to add.

Game play is terrible, game mechanics are terrible the stupid customisable emblems wich basically split up the Devil Trigger powers from DMC1 and makes you use them seperatley are terrible. The cast is terrible as is the voice acting. and the story is terrible. If anyone thinks i have missed anything feel free to add.

I will say the overall Soundtrack is also terrible.

Well compared to the other dmc's its terrible, you can just shoot your way through everything, boss strategies are way too simple, and that is too mostly shoot at them, you won't even remember you have a sword except on the occasional fight, and of course Dante's attitude is totally different, that and also that it doesn't connect very well story wise like Dmc 1,3,and 4 do. So yea, but it isn't bad looking as a game, and Dante's cloth looks cool same as the hair, but other than that its pretty bad.

I think I've found the hate lol

I'll still stick by it....i like this game i think its a fun time to play :D

Are you having fun because you get your ass kicked in DMC1 & DMC3?

The media consider this one of the worst game in century, all you did is expose yourself as someone who have poor taste in video gaming.

In my eyes, only mentally challenged people can enjoy this game. There a reason why DMC3 & DMC4 completely ignored DMC2 and Capcom avoided talking about it until this HD Collection.

Edited by ChrisBalrog

The media consider one of the worst game in century, all you did is exposed yourself as someone who have poor taste in video gaming.

In my eyes, only mentally challenged people can enjoy this game.

No not getting my ass kicked at all, I have done the equivalent to a platinum for all devil may cry games on the ps2. I have platinums for much more difficult games than devil may cry. I have a very wide range of taste in games, I just like to see the fun in video games cause that is at heart what they are suppose to be, fun, and I feel like this game in particular is over analyzed.

PS: "The media consider one of the worst game in century" All You did is expose yourself as someone who has poor grammar.:whistle:

The media consider one of the worst game in century, all you did is exposed yourself as someone who have poor taste in video gaming.

In my eyes, only mentally challenged people can enjoy this game. There a reason why DMC3 & DMC4 completely ignored DMC2 and Capcom avoided talking about it until this HD Collection.

Seems a little excessive to challenge someones intelligence due to their taste in video games. I, for example, am not a fan of the Call of Duty franchise. That doesn't mean I look down upon the 90% of the gaming population who do enjoy them and would expect the same level of respect in return. So some people enjoyed this game, myself included (although it is my least favorite in the series), and alot of people didn't. So what?

RPG style weapon leveling, but no purchasable abilities.

Setting and levels are pretty uninspiring.

Bad enemy design (tanks? really?)

Boring bosses with no personality, that completely pale in comparison to the might of Phantom or Cerberus on a new game playthrough.

The first game 10+ years ago was a breath of fresh air. To this day out of the four games it has IMO the best level design, best pacing, best music, and perfect mix of personality with Dante and the bosses.

DMC3 is usually regarded as the best by fans, and indeed it is probably the most fun and has the deepest combat, but I still like the first the best.

The second game... well, all these years later as a B- grade game perhaps it isn't so bad. I'm managing to gradually push my way through it with both characters, just so I have the satisfaction of doing so, but arguably it really is the Highlander II of gaming.

Honestly I don't understand the hate either. Maybe it's because I don't have nostalgia glasses on and I'm playing the trilogy for the first time but so far I feel like 2 is much better then 1. Sure, 1 was probably more innovative and unique for it's time and whatnot, but 2 has improved on just about everything. The gameplay is more refined, there's a bigger variety of enemies and boss fights, and I like the customized amulet more. The only negative thing I can really say is the guns do feel like they're much more relied upon and I think 1 had it perfect already in that respect. From what I've already seen from 3 that is the best game in the series but I've yet to play it myself and so far I'm pretty content with 2.

Edited by Cornagandarub

IMO, your expectations will play a big role in your enjoyment, or lack thereof, of DMC2. If you go into it expecting it to be as pulse pounding and hard-as-nails as 1 and 3, then no, you will not find much enjoyment here. 2 has its moments that are enjoyable because it is different. I thoroughly enjoy DMC2 for what it is. I do not feel it is better than the other entries, however, some things in it do make sense.

Guns play a much larger role, but honestly, Dante was, by nature, a gunslinger. When he is first introduced at the beginning of DMC1, he mocks the use of swords and defeats Trish's ambush with Ebony & Ivory. I didn't spoiler box that because it's in the opening movie and in no way spoils the plot. If anyone is truly upset, I'll box it.

Anywho, it makes sense from that standpoint for guns to play a bigger factor. However, the gameplay design failed in this aspect, as once you level up Dante's handguns (or Lucia's knives), there's rarely much reason to even close the distance to most enemies, as they do rather quickly. I truly feel there was a disconnect between what the creators of this game were trying to do with Dante's character and what came out in the gameplay.

Ultimately, this is still a pretty good game, but we're kind of left with a "what might have been" feeling. DMC3 took Dante backwards in story, if not in gameplay, so we may never really know. Perhaps, one day, someone will make a game that fills in the gap between DMC4 and DMC2, and would perhaps explain why the gameplay is as it is through the story. Who knows? Until then, try it if you want a more unique (and admittedly much easier) DMC experience. DMC3 awaits you if you wish to pass and move on to the next true challenge in the series.

The media consider this one of the worst game in century, all you did is expose yourself as someone who have poor taste in video gaming.

I Find This A Bit Of A Harsh View On DMC2.

When I Played Through DMC1 And Finished It, I Had No Problems With The Difficulty Of The Game. I Started DMC2 Later That Day On Lucia's Playthrough And I'm Thoroughly Enjoying It As Much As I Did DMC1.

It's Kind Of Like Final Fantasy XIII Was To The Final Fantasy Fanbase, Or Resident Evil 5 Was To Some Of The Resident Evil Fanbase; It Divided The Fans To Those Who Enjoyed The Game For What It Was And Those Who Don't Like That It Isn't Similar To Its Predecessor.

• 1 month later...

DMC 2 is absolutely worthless! This game has practically nothing to it. Terrible ennemy/places designs, soundtrack to flush down the toilets, head splitting camera problems during fights (you can't even see the boss sometimes), scenario which doesn't make sense at all, gameplay that can't even begin to stand up to DMC 1 gameplay, poor voice acting and characters that completly lacks any style.

Dante is a damn puppet who says 4/5 differents phrases in the all game, and toss a coin (WTF) to decide for him? Who is he now? Two Face from Batman?

Badass much? No, wrongass if you ask me.

I can understand people who says that they like this game, but you can't honestly say that it is better than any other DMC games. It is one a the worst game I have ever played and a stain on the DMC franchise.