Rate the trophy difficulty...  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.68

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 5. No Super Dante in this game makes Bloody Palace difficult even if you can use items.

It took me 4 hours and 5 minutes to clear the 9000 levels in the Bloody Palace using Dante. I had to do it twice because once I got to the 5000s, I think one of the mages got stuck somewhere when I hit with rockets when he was about to teleport so I couldn't kill him to proceed to the next floor. I am not sure what exactly happened, or if that was the reason of the glitch/bug.

My suggestion is that DO NOT use rockets on the mages.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, i can't believe someone gave this a 10, its nothing compared to the other two, DMD is cakewalk, bloody palace is annoying and time consuming that's about it.

I disagree. Bloody palace is difficult. The levels with flying goats are helll, and the slow gameply makes things worse. Dealing with them is difficult, especially when they are on DT mode because you can no longer stunned them. BP in DMC3 is very easy, you can use the Super Dante costume. I didn't put much effort in DMC1 on DMD and still got it easily. The only thing I put the most effort in the whole collection was DMC2 Bloody Palace, and I had to do it twice because it glitched on me when I was half-way the first time I tried.

I disagree. Bloody palace is difficult. The levels with flying goats are helll, and the slow gameply makes things worse. Dealing with them is difficult, especially when they are on DT mode because you can no longer stunned them. BP in DMC3 is very easy, you can use the Super Dante costume. I didn't put much effort in DMC1 on DMD and still got it easily. The only thing I put the most effort in the whole collection was DMC2 Bloody Palace, and I had to do it twice because it glitched on me when I was half-way the first time I tried.

Well in my opinion when your going up against a glitch, doesn't mean its hard its just that its a glitch, a bug, an annoyance, thankfully i never had the glitch happen to me, bloody palace was easy to me, what happened to you was just an annoyance, doesn't mean its hard, its just damm annoying, therefore i don't count that as difficulty, Dmc1 and 3 are by far a lot more challenging in their own ways, this one is a joke, but that's me, i don't blame you, i just don't find this game hard at all. Maybe it is to you, and thats fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 3

Mainly because i own the PAL version.

MD mode is a joke compared to DMC1, Trish is way overpowered and makes it cake, even the other Characters are easy to beat it with. Trish's DT makes any boss a joke with the aerial heart.

Bloody Palace is laughable with inifte DT Trish, since you can just Air Raid and spam lightning bolts which does insane damage to everything.

Would be a 5 imo for other regions, since Bloody Palace is still doable but would still be harder without infinite DT and would take hours.

I voted 3

Mainly because i own the PAL version.

MD mode is a joke compared to DMC1, Trish is way overpowered and makes it cake, even the other Characters are easy to beat it with. Trish's DT makes any boss a joke with the aerial heart.

Bloody Palace is laughable with inifte DT Trish, since you can just Air Raid and spam lightning bolts which does insane damage to everything.

Would be a 5 imo for other regions, since Bloody Palace is still doable but would still be harder without infinite DT and would take hours.

I'll go with you for a 3. Since I did the same above like you said.

i can't really rate it any higher than 1 (pal version)

infinite devil trigger + healing heart makes it absolutely impossible to die,and trish's air raid destroys every bloody palace floor or dmd boss in less than 10 seconds,not to mention she is invincible when doing the move,and you only need to hold the square button for that

i just completed the entire lucia must die mode using trish in 32 (!) minutes,my combined save times were a little over 7 hours,which not only makes it one of the easiest platinums around,it's also one of the shortests

the only thing that was slightly challenging was getting the s rank mission for dante,i did it on mission 3 hard mode using vendetta and flame heart for the boss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i can't really rate it any higher than 1 (pal version)

infinite devil trigger + healing heart makes it absolutely impossible to die,and trish's air raid destroys every bloody palace floor or dmd boss in less than 10 seconds,not to mention she is invincible when doing the move,and you only need to hold the square button for that

i just completed the entire lucia must die mode using trish in 32 (!) minutes,my combined save times were a little over 7 hours,which not only makes it one of the easiest platinums around,it's also one of the shortests

the only thing that was slightly challenging was getting the s rank mission for dante,i did it on mission 3 hard mode using vendetta and flame heart for the boss

I'm gonna go with jigsaw here the pal version of the game is a complete toss pot I actually finished the game and got my plat in one sitting MD mode with trish and unlimited DT meant most bosses and levels lasted only seconds

I can't rate anymore than a 3/10.

I got the Hard, Must Die! and Trish trophies in one day, totalling in two playthroughs (running through Hard as Lucia; running through Must Die! with Trish on Lucia's storyline). The game is just too easy.

At the end it turned to a bit of a grind when I had to earn over 150,000 Red Orbs just to get the Arsenals trophy for Lucia. The prices go pretty high at the end, but since I was earning 5,000 Red Orbs every minute in Mission 9, it only took about fifteen to twenty minutes to get that over with.

Bloody Palace - disappointingly easy. I almost felt like running through the it the natural way not using the cheats because it felt like a free trophy. Nonetheless, with no cheats, the game can easily be boosted to a 5/10. As with the first Devil May Cry's DMD! mode, abusing the items can make it easy.

All in all - it felt absurdly strange playing an easy Devil May Cry, one that didn't frustrate me at, to the least, one point. I agree that it is not as memorable as its predecessor - but I think it is a very enjoyable game, nonetheless.

Edited by Fubzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...