Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ShadowAFC

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. This thread has been created to discuss anything Deus Ex: Mankind Divided related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Failure to use spoiler tags outside of this thread may result in a three day ban.

So, what do you think guys? In my opinion the story was great & very engaging, but I could not believe the game ended so suddenly, with so many things left for the sequel.

Also, the game continues the "famous" tradition of HUMAN REVOLUTION - many things from trailers was not present in the game at all. Especially that young augumented guy in the hoodie. We saw him in the trailers at least couple of times, we can see him in Růžička Station, walking by Jensen & Vega right before the attack, but he's nowhere to be seen (or heard) later on.

It's also very cool how game is (well, mostly is going to be) linked with 1st Deus Ex game (2002) Before playing it's a good idea to refresh the story not only from the previous game, but from 14 years back as well.

That also caught me off guard. I was playing and really getting into it then suddenly on that boss fight it says New Game+ unlocked, i'm like "i've never heard of new game+ unlocking half way through the game lol. Then the credits start to roll. I have to ask everyone is it just me or does Mankind Divided seem shorter than Human Revolutions?

Enjoying the story so far. It's weird that the choices from the first one really didn't matter. Even if David Sarif died from the previous game. He's alive in this one, so you know which ending Adam really picked from the last game.

It's the 4th ending.

Adam sank that whole complex to the bottom of the sea.

But for some reason Adam and Sarif survived.

At some point at the final conversation of side quest 3, I thought that Adam was a clone. But no, what we got was a cliffhanger -_-.

I still have no idea if these are actual prequels to Deus Ex 1. Also why didn't Bob take action against the Illuminati? He was augmented.

That also caught me off guard. I was playing and really getting into it then suddenly on that boss fight it says New Game+ unlocked, i'm like "i've never heard of new game+ unlocking half way through the game lol. Then the credits start to roll. I have to ask everyone is it just me or does Mankind Divided seem shorter than Human Revolutions?

That was 100% my reaction as well :highfive: I was like "WAT? Naaah, cannot be. We barely scratched the surface here... I WANT MORE!" :p

Anyone else lose it when it was revelead the psychiatrist was an illuminati plant. And the storage unit outside vadim orlovs place, with adam and vegas meet pionts and photos on a billboard is probabably hers. At least thats what i think. BEST CREDIT EASTER EGG EVER so much better than HR only thing im worried about is jenson wants to meet janus. But the illuminati want this to, so that the psychiatrist can tip them off and they can strike at janus. If there is another game in the future. Its going to get ugly

Edited by deviousdave

And the storage unit outside vadim orlovs place, with adam and vegas meet pionts and photos on a billboard is probabably hers. At least thats what i think. BEST CREDIT EASTER EGG EVER so much better than HR

I think you got that1 wrong. That storage unit/garage outside of Orlovs apartment was his own. He & his partner (possible killer) trailed Jensen as soon as he left their facility. It was clearly noted on Orlov's computer, that he monitors every move of his "specimen" & is very pleased with the result.

What was even more interesting, that there were more "specimens" like Jensen that Orlov created & they were monitored as well, but most of them were not as succesful as Jensen.

Here are a few of my predictions/guess:

1. The Jensen that we have been playing all along is fake. Either a clone or another person turned into Jensen.

a. Sarif can't seemed to find anything about THIS Jensen.

b. Final enemies in the game can use Icarus Dash.

2. Real Jensen is missing/dead/kidnapped, will be playable in Deus Ex 3 (Nice excuse do reset Jensen augs again).

3. Fake Jensen will turn evil/eventually turns into Walton Simons (They both don't look far off).

I think you got that1 wrong. That storage unit/garage outside of Orlovs apartment was his own. He & his partner (possible killer) trailed Jensen as soon as he left their facility. It was clearly noted on Orlov's computer, that he monitors every move of his "specimen" & is very pleased with the result.

What was even more interesting, that there were more "specimens" like Jensen that Orlov created & they were monitored as well, but most of them were not as succesful as Jensen.

Yes you are right but to add to the topic of interesting i believe dr auzenne killed vadim orlov because jensen was on to him. She states to the leader of the illuminati that he is remarkably stable giving prolonged exposure to the program

On my second playthrough i looked and you can see dr auzenne spying on adam and vega through a window. On the top right. During their second meeting in the limb clinic during your third visit to Prague. Pretty cool they put this much work into it.

Damn, thats a pretty cool detail I overlooked, you're quite perceptive, I'll be sure to check it out when on my 2nd, trophy-oriented playthrough (that is when a full trophy guide makes it's debut). You're talking about 2nd meeting in the LIMB Clinic, the one that takes place under the martial law, right?

Damn, thats a pretty cool detail I overlooked, you're quite perceptive, I'll be sure to check it out when on my 2nd, trophy-oriented playthrough (that is when a full trophy guide makes it's debut). You're talking about 2nd meeting in the LIMB Clinic, the one that takes place under the martial law, right?

Thats correct adam gives vega the orchid sample during this meeting. And depending on player choices she will follow up on ruckers pocket secretary

Heres a captures of the meeting in question with dr auzenne in it its from my tv so pardon shotty graphics

I'm fairly certain that is MadamePhotographe not Dr. Auzenne, the red hair gives it away. You can see MadamePhotographe walk by Adam at the train station before the bombing as well.

Has anybody played the two original Deus Ex games? If so, do you see how these prequels (including an inevitable 3rd title) will connect to the first two? I did read somewhere that the games hint at Adam being a part of the conception of the United Nations Anti-Terrorism Coalition present in the first game. I'm gonna replay the first two on Steam and delve deeper into the comics and novels.

I don't know what it is about the Deus Ex universe but it's painfully addicting.

Has anybody played the two original Deus Ex games? If so, do you see how these prequels (including an inevitable 3rd title) will connect to the first two? I did read somewhere that the games hint at Adam being a part of the conception of the United Nations Anti-Terrorism Coalition present in the first game. I'm gonna replay the first two on Steam and delve deeper into the comics and novels.

I don't know what it is about the Deus Ex universe but it's painfully addicting.

I played every Deus Ex game to date & Adam being a part of UNATCO (in the future) may be possible, as there was never cleared when UNATCO was exactly established. I think they will close up the gap between 1st Deus Ex & Jensen saga with some MAJOR mind-blowing twist (actually, they already started it with the Mankind Divided) :) I expect nothing less from Desu Ex series by now :thumbsup:

I'm fairly certain that is MadamePhotographe not Dr. Auzenne, the red hair gives it away. You can see MadamePhotographe walk by Adam at the train station before the bombing as well.

& what if Dr Auzenne is MadamePhotographe? ;)

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

I played every Deus Ex game to date & Adam being a part of UNATCO (in the future) may be possible, as there was never cleared when UNATCO was exactly established. I think they will close up the gap between 1st Deus Ex & Jensen saga with some MAJOR mind-blowing twist (actually, they already started it with the Mankind Divided) :) I expect nothing less from Desu Ex series by now :thumbsup:

I'm pretty excited to see how the third game will play out and if that will be the final bridge between 205x and 202x. I think it's amazing how they were able to canonically link every installation and novel. I'm reading Black Light right now for the first time.

One thing i cant figure out, hopefully you guys can help me with it. At the beginning of the game when ivan berk was exiting the station after planting the bombs. He specificlly shielded his face from jensen. Who told him about jensen?

Ivan Berk is that young guy in the hoodie that had more actual screen time in the trailers than in actual game, right? :) I noticed him right away, even though I tried to avoid most trailers. He had literally like less than 5sec of in-game screen time :D

I think he's a dead end for now & did not cover himself at all. Jensen would have notice him right away if he ever knew him ;)

Yeah ivan burk is probably just trailer continuity. Also sorry to bother with more questions but im on my permadeath playthrough right now and i unlocked radich nikolatze's vault but i didnt have icarus landing so i could not get down to it. Anyone know whats in there? Its killing me I, only have one save and i cant playthrough the game again i dont have it in me.

Yeah ivan burk is probably just trailer continuity. Also sorry to bother with more questions but im on my permadeath playthrough right now and i unlocked radich nikolatze's vault but i didnt have icarus landing so i could not get down to it. Anyone know whats in there? Its killing me I, only have one save and i cant playthrough the game again i dont have it in me.

How do you even know what this guy's name is? He was not even mentioned once in a game if I remember correctly.

I'll have to dissapoint you, there's nothing there :D it's not even a vault, it's just a vertical escape tunel, shortcut leading straight to the severs ;) used that path to escape the theater super-easily. You should definitely get that Icarus Landing System, it's one of 3 most useful augs out there.