Augment help for beginners

There have been quite a few augments that I have tried and/or followed guides that the augments are just horrible. If you have noticed these yourselves and will only unlock at the very end can you post the upgrade and why?

1. radar 2. Just too confusing for that many levels. I just want to know what's around the corner or my level. Keep it radar 1 and it's good.

2. Energy cells- I may be very confused on the mechanics but I have 4/7. 3 cells and recharge 1. It doesn't recharge anything but the first cell!!?? If I would have known that I would do the game with 1 or 2(keep an energy cookie w me).

Of course I think these upgrades at first were awesome... So I save. LOL. Anyone have any advice on what to avoid?

Radar is indeed pretty crap. Sure you see things from further away, but you do so at the expense of accuracy on close targets. Add to that the sight-cones and noisefeedback, and the radar becomes an unusable mess.

Other useless augs:

Detection feedback. The game already tells you the chance of detection. Only reason to get it is you want the upgrade that lets you peek into datastores.

Run/sprint/land silently. Never used them. drains energy. Just stealth and take it slow. I haven't actually tested this, but I think the icarus effect IS silent innately.

Bit controversial: I've never used the typhoon. Not even in boss fights.the ammo takes up too much inventory space, it's loud, and just way too situational. Perhaps in my future heavy assault playthrough (Assault rifle+heavy weapons/no stealth/no hacking run).

The batteries have their uses.

Like when you want to do several things at once. Like needing to do two takedowns several meters apart real quick.

There is an exploit you can use.

If you upgrade your battery, you will fill the battery bar.

You can obviously only do this once per battery... But it's usefull for those panic moments.

Perfect! You saved me from testing the vision cones out, literally that was next. Researching is better then experimenting. As for batteries. Not to sure what I think with the 3rd going to be empty for a bit. It's there to stay. FYI I tested the Icarus landing silently while cloaked an it worked like a champ.

FYI cloaking maxed is the best! Why did I wait so long! Probably wanting the hacking upgraded.

I do it quite similarly.

You get most of your praxis kits outside of missions, when there is no real urgency.

Like when you go to the Limb Clinic, those two kits you just bought, you wont actually truly need them until you go on your next mission... So keep them unspent till you come to an obstacle that needs a specific augment.

For a stealth run, you will want to be able to pick and choose which path you take when infiltrating places... So get all the utility augs that will let you take those paths.

Don't spend your praxis point until you come across a place where you need an aug you don't have.

Pick up heavy objects.

Icarus Landing System

Elecricity immunity.

Gas immunity.

High Jump.

Punch through walls*.

Multiple take-downs**.

* situational. Makes a ton of noise, and you will snap the neck of anyone standing on the other side of the wall. Avoid by also having "see through walls", so you can wait till the guard patrols away.

** technically not needed for a stealth run, but it will help you along the way. Sometimes you have to kick some butt to progress.

Edited by eleriel
Typos.