Director's Cut Questions

Thalius

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding (not 100% sure) is that

• You can use a Vita for the "second screen experience"
  • It includes all DLC (pre-order bonuses as well?)
  • Boss battles are reconfigured to allow use of stealth, hacking, etc.
  • New Game+ mode allows you to keep all upgrades (not sure if that affects trophies)
  • Improved graphics and AI

I'd say if you're a big fan of the game (and have a Vita), it's definitely worth it. But personally, I'll wait until I can grab it for <$20, since it's still pretty recent that I made two complete runs to get the plat/100%.

My understanding (not 100% sure) is that

• You can use a Vita for the "second screen experience"
  • It includes all DLC (pre-order bonuses as well?)
  • Boss battles are reconfigured to allow use of stealth, hacking, etc.
  • New Game+ mode allows you to keep all upgrades (not sure if that affects trophies)
  • Improved graphics and AI

I'd say if you're a big fan of the game (and have a Vita), it's definitely worth it. But personally, I'll wait until I can grab it for <$20, since it's still pretty recent that I made two complete runs to get the plat/100%.

the pre-order bonuses are all available in the form of DLC now (explosive pack etc) ... so yeah, they're included.

now let me add a question: do I have to have a Vita to play it?

(I do have one, but I have a feeling it'll be slightly annoying to use it like the wii-u gamepad)

Are the trophies separate from the original?

Yep. Here's the official Trophy List for Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut...

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Trophies - PSNProfiles.com

The game was just released today (10/22/13), so we should definitely have a separate forum for the Director's Cut very soon. I can't believe one hasn't even been created yet...

Edited by dmm121182

Yep. Here's the official Trophy List for Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut...

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Trophies - PSNProfiles.com

The game was just released today (10/22/13), so we should definitely have a separate forum for the Director's Cut very soon. I can't believe one hasn't even been created yet...

Wow. Excited. I will plat this one then too!

That's because they integrated the DLC trophies. Now we must also complete the DLC trophies to get the new Platinum.

There a limit to how many trophies for each games.

The higher the trophies are in a game, there will be more Bronze and less Gold.

The lower the trophies are in a game, there will be more Gold and less Bronze.

So, what exactly was wrong with the original game that made them remake it all over?

Was it really that bad?

bad? no, by no means bad. really good in fact.

sold a ton of copies across all platforms.

there were a few kinks though... like all the boss-fights were outsourced to another company, and so they didn't mesh well with the rest of the game.

In every other part of the game there are a plethora of ways to solve a problem... but all the bosses are bullet-sponges... so if you played the game as a stealth-bastard with only the tranq-rifle and the stun-gun... you would have no way to kill the bosses.

the DLC weren't baked into the actual game... you had to play it seperately.

even though the DLC is definitely set between two chapters of the game, when you get to those two chapters, it's as if the DLC never happened.

no new-game+ option.

you'd start from scratch every time you started over... which makes sense for most games, I suppose... but this is a really nice option to have.

they've fixed all those in this release.

which is why it's called Director's Cut.

there were a few kinks though... like all the boss-fights were outsourced to another company, and so they didn't mesh well with the rest of the game.

In every other part of the game there are a plethora of ways to solve a problem... but all the bosses are bullet-sponges... so if you played the game as a stealth-bastard with only the tranq-rifle and the stun-gun... you would have no way to kill the bosses.

This is not true at all. Your quote implies that boss battles weren't winnable if you built a stealth character. The boss battles areas always had weapons for you to pick up and use. Its true that they were much harder for people who had stealth based characters, but they could still be beaten and quite frankly they weren't THAT hard even with those restrictions on the hardest difficulty.

Badly designed? Absolutely.

This is not true at all. Your quote implies that boss battles weren't winnable if you built a stealth character. The boss battles areas always had weapons for you to pick up and use. Its true that they were much harder for people who had stealth based characters, but they could still be beaten and quite frankly they weren't THAT hard even with those restrictions on the hardest difficulty.

He was exaggerating.

He was exaggerating.

you're both right...

unupgraded weapons are available... and no matter which corner of the room(s) you run, you will be able to find a little ammo... to win you have to pick up all the weapons, though...

if it's your first playthrough, though... you might not know where the weapons are... or even that they exist there at all.

especially a problem when facing the female boss... as the room is circular and she runs all over the place so there's no real place to hide, etc.

So this version has a new game+ mode? Can you keep adding praxis kits to your abilities, can you max everything out?

that's the idea, yeah. I don't know it they let you keep weapons and credits too...

I'm in the EU so I haven't been able to pick it up yet.

nor do I know how they've handled the addition of the DLC (which will clear all of your upgrades as part of the story) ... if that's put in as a form of organic respec of sorts.

Edited by eleriel

Has anyone tried playing it with the Vita as a controler yet? I'm curious how well that works.

I have and I'm not sure if I'm the only one who ran into this issue but so far it's pretty much unplayable.

They basically divide the rear touch of the Vita into 4 sections, each one corresponding to one of the extra buttons from the actual controller (L2, L3, R2, R3) which you are supposed to just tap a certain area in order to trigger the corresponding button - I'm not even sure how well that would work, sounds kinda crappy honestly, but I'm not gonna be judging it since it currently does not work at all. Again, this might just be my Vita, although I don't see why seeing as every other button works just fine through Remote Play and my rear touch is working just as well outside of Remote Play.

With that aside, having a Vita for the hacking parts seemed like it would be convenient and make life easier at first. Rather then waiting for the analog to get to the node you'd like to mess with, you could simply touch that node, making the hacking process much faster, right? Well, that wasn't the case for me, lol. Maybe I just suck at using the touch screen but the nodes are actually very small in your Vita screen, making it hard to actually hit the right ones when in a hurry (which you will inevitably find yourself in during certain hacks) making the whole Vita addition, although kind of a cute experience, totally useless.

I came close to plat the original, I was only missing the trophy in that u can't set off alarms and so on. I guess from what everyone is saying this one is not bad to run again, I enjoyed the 1st one. Too bad there are a lot of releases coming up plus Ps4 right around the corner.

They dropped 'Doctorate' to a Bronze?

That is a seriously missable trophy that is annoying. It should have stayed a Silver, because you can't get the last one 'til near the very end of the game!

Let me add for new players that you WILL miss this trophy w/o a guide. There are at least 2 books that are easy to miss.

They dropped 'Doctorate' to a Bronze?

That is a seriously missable trophy that is annoying. It should have stayed a Silver, because you can't get the last one 'til near the very end of the game!

Let me add for new players that you WILL miss this trophy w/o a guide. There are at least 2 books that are easy to miss.

Gold, silver and bronze trophies are always a set percentage of the total amount of trophies...

And so when they put the DLC trophies in with the original trophies, they had to change things around.

And yeah, without a guide you're screwed on the doctorate.