Director's Cut incoming

The Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, previously announced for Wii U, is making its way to PC, PS3, and XBox 360 sometime this year:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut coming to 360, PS3, and PC - News at GameSpot

From the article:

The Director's Cut for Deus Ex: Human Revolution includes the Tong's Rescue mission and Missing Link downloadable content, alongside "overhauled" boss battles, "redefined" game balance and combat, "improved" artificial intelligence, and updated graphics.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes! :dance:

What firmware bug?

This one :(: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/deus-ex-human-revolution/177881-crash-after-start-button.html

I also hope it fixes the freeze bug in the Missing Link DLC that some people have experienced over the years and Eidos refuses to fix :(.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Interesting have to admit it does look impressive when I checked out the trailer for the Wii U version, although I do feel as if maybe the PS3 version could be considered the weakest using the Vita against the Xbox 360 and an iPad were you probably have more flexibility.

Calling it now it's a new platinum

I watched the full video [link: ]Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut & The Fall - E3 2013 Stage Demo - GameSpot Video, and in it they showed a completely reconfigured Barrett boss fight, which includes new map areas that provide additional means of defeating him, such as turrets.

The developers also announced a new game+ mode and that the graphics were updated to match the improvements found in the Missing Link DLC. Unfortunately they didn't go into specifics about AI and balance improvements (beyond what was added to the boss fight--which actually makes it even easier).

Well, I see this as a ''Complete Edition'' release, so its not the first time I will trade/sell the regular version to buy the new one.

I ignored this game when its was released because I had no knowledge of Deus Ex before, when I decided to try it, I could only find it used. Now this is my chance to give my support to Eidos Montreal by buying the Director Cut new.

Hopefully they patch the non lethal ZZZ's glitch that sometimes turns into the lethal skull on knocked out enemies in this one. Got three guys like that in my game and am pretty much betting I got screwed out of pacifist even though I got merciful soul with each one I knocked out. Lets just hope I don't run into any issues with foxiest of the hounds too, or I'll be pretty frustrated. Still be buying this day one since I only have the PS+ version and am not sure if I'll get the bundle when my plus runs out in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Director Cut will cost $30 for PS3 & 360.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Dated for September 30th and Priced at $29.99 by GameStop - PlayStation LifeStyle

Also official cover art revealed:

http://cdn2-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2013/07/deusexhumanrevolutiondirectorscutboxart1.jpg

"Improved graphics" ? Bah

Does this edition include "Explosive Mission Pack"?

It includes all three dlc packs fully integrated into the game. So Missing link will be where it would take place in the game instead of separate. Explosive Mission Pack and the other DLC will both be in there as well.

It includes all three dlc packs fully integrated into the game. So Missing link will be where it would take place in the game instead of separate. Explosive Mission Pack and the other DLC will both be in there as well.

I wonder how they'll do that with The Missing Link since Jensen starts from scratch (loses everything) at the start of the mission sequence. Will the game restore Jensen's inventory and upgrades in Singapore to the state they were in before getting into the shipping container? And if so, will some dialogue or other story details be added to explain how that happened? It'd be easy enough to do I imagine via the last person he speaks to at the very end of The Missing Link.

If the game doesn't restore Jensen's inventory in Singapore, the player sure won't have that awesome grenade launcher from the Explosive Mission Pack for very long.

I wonder how they'll do that with The Missing Link since Jensen starts from scratch (loses everything) at the start of the mission sequence. Will the game restore Jensen's inventory and upgrades in Singapore to the state they were in before getting into the shipping container? And if so, will some dialogue or other story details be added to explain how that happened? It'd be easy enough to do I imagine via the last person he speaks to at the very end of The Missing Link.

If the game doesn't restore Jensen's inventory in Singapore, the player sure won't have that awesome grenade launcher from the Explosive Mission Pack for very long.

I'm thinking that they will. It would be pretty rediculous to not give your stuff back when Singapore gets pretty challenging. Since he wakes up in a pod in Singapore maybe it'll be explained that its in that pod and perhaps his original Augs are reactivated in that pod too. Also the directors cut is supposed to have new game plus so there must be some sort of carry-over in the main game. I haven't played The Missing Link yet so I would hope to not be spoiled before I do. I knew already that you start from scratch though..

It's better to play normal mode - as you get some mission from someone and this affects the damn trophy to be unseen and no alarm - better to minimise the amount of missions you need to do :p

Although I done the extra DLC missions the one with the limited edition from release on 360 and done it in 1 playthrough.

It's better to play normal mode - as you get some mission from someone and this affects the damn trophy to be unseen and no alarm - better to minimise the amount of missions you need to do :p

Although I done the extra DLC missions the one with the limited edition from release on 360 and done it in 1 playthrough.

Got the platinum in one playthrough and had no problems with Foxiest of the Hounds. Only issue was that it was said that failing hacks or running out counted as an alarm, which wasn't true at all. You just can't fail or run out of hacks in any of the main mission areas or an alarm is likely. Did all missions in my one playthrough too.

The extra mission in the Explosive Mission Pack is pretty easy as it comes later in the game when you should be pretty well leveled up and have cloaking. The risk to the Foxiest of Hounds trophy is well worth the grenade launcher you get as a reward, IMO, as it enables you to defeat the Singapore boss in under 5 seconds on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty.

But you bring up an interesting issue. If The Missing Link is integrated into the storyline of the director's cut, will it factor into the Pacifist and Foxiest trophies? That would be crazy to try to stay on target for those while also going for Factory Zero.

The extra mission in the Explosive Mission Pack is pretty easy as it comes later in the game when you should be pretty well leveled up and have cloaking. The risk to the Foxiest of Hounds trophy is well worth the grenade launcher you get as a reward, IMO, as it enables you to defeat the Singapore boss in under 5 seconds on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty.

But you bring up an interesting issue. If The Missing Link is integrated into the storyline of the director's cut, will it factor into the Pacifist and Foxiest trophies? That would be crazy to try to stay on target for those while also going for Factory Zero.

I guess it would depend on if the trophy list is something new or not though. If its integrated and its the same list it would be very difficult. Though given the nature of the game maybe that would encourage multiple playthroughs, at least for that part anyways.

Though I almost wonder if it will be integrated in a way that you can just skip it if you want though, like the game will ask if you want to play The Missing Link or not when you get to that point. Or it could even be implemented that it would basically ignore the main games trophy requirements/stats while playing The Missing Link and then once you finish it the stats from it, like alarms and such, are automatically ignored and it goes back to whatever stats towards trophies you had up through Henshan Pt 2's finish.

I wouldn't be surprised if its something where it will give you a choice and also state that anything you do in The Missing Link does not count towards the main game. Unless they give the DC a whole new trophy list.

• 4 weeks later...

I would say an alternate save file would be the easiest (and least frustrating) way to deal with the missing link trophies while still maintaining foxiest and pacifist. But I'm kind of hoping that they do a whole new trophy list and not just the exact same ones. Especially with the new features and Vita integration, the boss fight changes and I would like a trophy or two for the Tong side mission if it's integrated into the story now. :shrugs: have to wait and see I guess.

Has it been confirmed yet whether or not this will be available as DLC?

I think due to the other changes in the game, and having the missing link integrated to the game on the disc, much how ME2 PS3 integrated the Shadow Broker stuff, it won't be as dlc.

I also think there is a pretty good chance this will have a separate trophy list from the original with all the changes and the DLC being in the main game.