XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > D (PS3) > Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #21 (permalink)

if your missing takedowns and knockws for the 50 and 100 knock outs you can use them on the crazies in panchea they do count for the takedowns there is a good 30+ in the level
#25 on the top 50 to plat DMC3 on YGC.net
40th plat: DmC Devil may cry
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #22 (permalink)

Brilliant Guide!
Cheers for this mate, just going through my normal playthrough and cleaning up all combat and side quest trophies and probs all endings then gonna do my hard and stealth playthrough!

Cheers Again!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #23 (permalink)

I was wondering for the 100 Knockout trophy, does Non-lethal Takedowns count towards that as well?

Cause I don't think I have enough ammo for my Tranq and Stun Gun to do that... >_>
Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeFZX3 View Post
I was wondering for the 100 Knockout trophy, does Non-lethal Takedowns count towards that as well?

Cause I don't think I have enough ammo for my Tranq and Stun Gun to do that... >_>
Non-lethal countdowns will count to this trophy, but if you have the reflex augment that lets you take down two enemies in one move, it only counts as one takedown.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #25 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Almost Golden   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeFZX3 View Post

According to Blaze, yes Lethal methods count. You can perform melee takedowns to save ammo.

yewjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #26 (permalink)

also you can get gun nut as early as TYM

reload speed locations:

detroit-morgue locker room in basement of police station

hengsha-after you arrive go to the 1st floor of the building you start on from the main street entrance hang a right then another right you should see some stairs go down them and look for a locked shutter on your left hack it and it's inside

hengsha-TYM building-it's right next to one of the ebooks you need for doctorate

Spec upgrade-as far as i know you can get this when you go the FEMA place talk to the gangster next to where you start and select "buy special upgrade" for 1500 credits

as you can see none of them are out of the way and can easily be done while doing story
#25 on the top 50 to plat DMC3 on YGC.net
40th plat: DmC Devil may cry

Last edited by Wolfwood; 09-02-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #27 (permalink)

Thanks for the speedy response guys!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

Very well written guide, sorry I followed the sister site's one about a week ago to plat the game But seriously, well done.

If I could make a comment, you insist on not to use the tranq rifle; I'd recommend to just describe the glitch, and leave it to people to check/reload if an enemy gets killed. I think it only happens with Detroit 1 and Derelict Row enemies, and the glitch involves headshots. I'd been using the rifle during the whole game, and the only time I killed someone, it was one of the thugs outside Derelict Row.

I found the tranq rifle to be really useful (for example, when there are 3 enemies close to each other you need to knock out in some sidequests, you shoot the furthest one and then quickly go for a double takedown), and it may discourage people from using it at all, making it harder for them. Also, it helps for the 100 knockouts trophy. The glitch doesn't happen that often, you just need to check all enemies for Zzzz's If they're dead, reload. Just a suggestion.

Proud Defender of the Tranq Rifle

Last edited by Brainstef; 09-02-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Brainstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #29 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Almost Golden   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

I'm going out for awhile. Blaze will happily answer your questions when he's online and we'll discuss some of suggestions made earlier when I'm back.

yewjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #30 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Member of the Month Winner   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R353ARCH D35TROY View Post
Can't wait! Using a yewjhin/BreadSkin guide is just as exciting as actually playing a new game!

But I'll just go out on a limb and say that I don't see this being a 7 difficulty.

At least it's not yet as stacked as Shadows of the Damned's skewed difficulty votes

( PS3Trophies.org - View Poll Results )
Bread?
Blaze Naruto Shippuden is offline   Reply With Quote