Infinite XP & money glitch

Jaytech

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngcA-p1hRzk]Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Infinite Money & XP Glitch - YouTube[/ame]

i can confirm that this works at the beginning of the game. you only need lvl3 hacking and some nukes to continuously hack the computer in your office. 45mins doing this equals 4 extra ap.

i can also confirm that the already hacked computer is locked again after you return to detroit so that you can hack it again and do the glitch again!

this glitch stacks the rewards you get, which means you can use it to get more stop! worms, xp, money etc.

Edited by Jaytech

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wats the bonus thats comes up on screen when he succesfyully hacks sayin 250 or 750 xp,

Ive never had that come up b4, altho ive never tried hacking like that, i usually just go for the circle first!

Do you get extra xp for hacking the red oblong thing!

May be a really dumb question but, never paid much attention to hacking, ive also wondered wat them other things do like spam etc. i know they slow down the attck, but never really needed to use em unless they were on the path anyways

I've been selling weapons for lots of credits early on. Especially shotguns (750 credits each), though you can do this with all weapons. There are a few spots where you'll get multiple shotguns. Instead of picking them all up (pick up a shotgun while one is already in your inventory and you just get ammo), I pick one up, go sell it, come back and get another to sell.

It takes a little time (few minutes really), but you can really rack up some easy credits this way. Doing this you eventually have more credits than you can spend. Even with buying Praxis Kits.

wats the bonus thats comes up on screen when he succesfyully hacks sayin 250 or 750 xp,

Ive never had that come up b4, altho ive never tried hacking like that, i usually just go for the circle first!

Do you get extra xp for hacking the red oblong thing!

May be a really dumb question but, never paid much attention to hacking, ive also wondered wat them other things do like spam etc. i know they slow down the attck, but never really needed to use em unless they were on the path anyways

There are 2 things to this:

1. Yes, you do get extra XP for hacking some of the extra nodes. Game explains that much to you.

2. IF you notice carefully, the glitch is that on reloading your XP adds up. So...

1 hack = 250

n Hacks = n*250

In the vid he hacks 3rd and 4th time, so 750 and 1000.

this glitch doesn't work properly, i spent 45 minutes getting 5k, i exit out after doing this "glitch" 50 times, no trophy pops up, i then go to the augment screen, my xp still is the same where i left it, the only difference is that my total xp has gone up to 7k but i can't use them, i only got 1 praxis point, can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? i am going to start a new game now because my save file is messed up, i won't be able to get anymore xp if i continue the game like this, so be warned whoever thinks of trying this glitch.

You get one praxis point for every 5,000 exp points so you getting 7k only means one praxis point. And the trophy is based on hacking 50 computers, however using this glitch means you only ever successfully hack the computer once you press square at the end and receive your rewards for it. I used the glitch about halfway through the game and nothing screwed up for me, the rest of the game was fine.