Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Deus Ex: Human Revolution. This thread has been created to discuss anything Deus Ex related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the game and after the credit meghan speak with a new guy about creating a new virus (correct me if im wrong). So i think at the end she wasnt really in the sarif camp and she was probably behind the attack of sarif industries.

What do you think?

I just finished the game and after the credit meghan speak with a new guy about creating a new virus (correct me if im wrong). So i think at the end she wasnt really in the sarif camp and she was probably behind the attack of sarif industries.

What do you think?

that gave me the same idea i think there might be another deus ex

OMG i just realised (when i replayed the game) that the guy we see at the verry end, bob something... its actually the guy in the deus ex intro , the one who talk at other people on his computer and smoking a cigarette. haha

Edit :

The way i see this, this guy seems to be the one at the top of the pyramid, the puppet master.

Edited by JimFear

What do you think?

I figured that she was still alive somehow. The reason is what's here motive in all this?

I personnaly think that meghan was behind her kidnapping, she knew that it would happen and after seeing the last cinematic after the credit i think meghan is against Augmentation.

If you remember at the verry end the guy ask her to do a new virus which sound weird to me knowing the fact that she once worked at sarif industries.

So my guess is that she probably worked at sarif to stole the dna of Jensen and her kidnapping was the way for her to get out of sarif industries.

She also probably didnt think about the fact that Jensen could rescue her since she "fake" her death.

Edited by JimFear

I'm just going out on a limb and assume NONE of you played Deus Ex, the game this game is a prequel to. I can't shout out too loudly, since that game is not this game, and thus I'd be spoiling something else.

Why would she join Serif to steal Jensen's DNA when its properties wasn't something she discovered until shortly before the start of this game? Why would she assume she'd be rescued if the kidnappers went to extreme lengths to make it appear as though the scientists were dead, and cover up potential exposure to that fact? Why would the guy at the start of the game talk about Megan Reed being out of their reach, then respond with "Is she?" shortly followed by the entire kidnapping endeavor, thus securing her for their interests? Why would she say "I have no choice" at the end if she was behind anything?

Why are you guys so set in the belief that she engineered her own kidnapping and is the mastermind behind everything?

Well ok maybe some of my theories were wrong but the part where she say

i have no choice.

Maybe she is a lil bit too involved in that to go back like nothing has happenned?Its hard to say the way she said it since everything is black but i would doubt that she was kindnapped another time, it would be stupid no?

Im not saying that she is the mastermind behind everything but i dont know... I do think she is involved more than we could immagine.

Whats your theory then, Watson? :p

Edited by JimFear

Alright, I haven't finished the game yet, so I will not read this thread (nor will I return till afterwards), but...but I just got to speak of my experience...

I just went to the secret basement of Picus, and as I'm strolling through the very first hallway, I see it...the hand with the world in its grasp...the MJ12 symbol. At that very moment, I thought to myself...Oh shit.

It's no doubt, to get the full experience, you had to have played the first game. I know that this one is a prequel, but having played the first one, you'll be like, 'Hey, I know that guy', and 'Ohhh, so that's how it happened', and, in my case, have those "Oh shit" moments.

...And lets face it, those are the best moments in games, no?

This game rules! :D

I dont think Megan was in on it but i also dont think she was too hard to convince to work for the bad guys either. She acts crooked at the end, knowing where the quickest escape is and living in a quiet lavish room with no security measures within reasonable distance compared to her co-workers.

What do you all think about the endings? Which ones did you all like and, since this is a prequel and i haven't played the original, which one is the real ending?

Oh you're right! So at the end when he said the name "morgan" before meghan enter the room... We could assume that it is the Illuminati leader, morgan everett?

Ah, of course! How could I have forgotten! Yes, this is exactly it.

Basically, at the end, it's when good ol' Bobby is still a part of the Illuminati. That new virus that Megan is told she will be working on is more than likely the Grey Death, and the hybrid project is the Denton's - JC, Paul, and Alex.