Packing Heat Glitch Workaround

Berzerkgod313

So as some of you may know, since the HoW patch, the packing heat trophy which requires you to fully upgrade an exotic weapon has been glitched and will not pop when you fully upgrade your first exotic, well i have found kind of an annoying workaround. There is only one known weapon that you can still upgrade to get the trophy and that is the Vex Mythoclast, and the reason being is that you have to use two exotic shards to fully upgrade it. The annoying part about this is that it only drops in Vault of Glass, so unless you have a few different characters it may take a while to get, i was lucky and got this on my second run through. Hope this helps anyone thats worried about not being able to platinum this game, as i know i was. Now all thats left is flawless raider....:(

So as some of you may know, since the HoW patch, the packing heat trophy which requires you to fully upgrade an exotic weapon has been glitched and will not pop when you fully upgrade your first exotic, well i have found kind of an annoying workaround. There is only one known weapon that you can still upgrade to get the trophy and that is the Vex Mythoclast, and the reason being is that you have to use two exotic shards to fully upgrade it. The annoying part about this is that it only drops in Vault of Glass, so unless you have a few different characters it may take a while to get, i was lucky and got this on my second run through. Hope this helps anyone thats worried about not being able to platinum this game, as i know i was. Now all thats left is flawless raider....:(

It popped just fine for me when I finished upgrading my Icebreaker. This was post HoW patch. Unless you mean the small patch that came a few weeks after the dlc patch.

• 2 weeks later...
Unless Bungie fixes it but no guarantees and I haven't heard anything about them mentioning a fix for it either.

I don't think they will. Bungie is too busy fixing anything else, especially after TTK and Luke Smith uproar.

Anyway, I heard TTK have different method of leveling up weapons and armors. Maybe, the trophy will get (automatically) fixed in this new system (or maybe it will broke it even more).

I'm pretty annoyed over this, so I wrote a big post over on Bungie's forums in the hopes of getting a reply. (Right here.) Any way we can collectively bug them about this until we get a formal acknowledgment? I don't think they're going to bother unless we make a stink about it. I really don't want to put 100+ hours into this if I'm not getting my Platinum, even when I'm doing what the game tells me to do.

• 3 weeks later...
Somebody tried weapons from the "Exotic Bounty"? Can we get this trophy that way?

I started playing after the House of Wolves update so I can verify that this doesn't work -- I've just completed the Thorn bounty last weekend. I'm working on a Pocket Infinity bounty now, but I doubt that would be any different. Hopefully Bungie addresses this issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't, or it takes ages for them to do anything about it.

I'm not sure if there was a problem with upgrading Legendary weapons for that trophy, but mine popped for that after fully upgrading my Word of Crota. I know that prior to that I had fully upgraded a few Legendaries. I actually forgot about the trophy altogether until it popped.

• 2 weeks later...

So, being someone who started playing after HoW was released, I'm out of luck unless I manage to get a Vex Mythoclast drop from Vault of Glass?

If that's true, it really sucks. Bungie really needs to address this glitch, along with Triple Play.

You can get trophy by upgrading Elder Cipher weapons.

Got mine few days ago when I maxed Queenbreaker's bow.

A quick search seems to show that as being an Exotic Bounty obtainable from Variks? Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it further.

Whats wrong with triple play?

Seems like for a lot of players, it's glitched. You can't just kill all three classes without dying, you have to get a Triple Kill (kill them within a few seconds of each other) to boot. As someone who isn't fond of PVP in shooters in general, trying to get this has been a chore. Maybe I'll luck out and get it eventually, but it's frustrating that either it's glitched or the description is misleading, making it much more luck based than it needs to be. Ok, rant over. LOL

EDIT: As pointed out by Version II, assists count too, so you could get a Double Down Medal then an assist kill. Totally forgot. >.<

Edited by phoenragon
Corrected info for Triple Play

Whats wrong with triple play?

Seems like for a lot of players, it's glitched. You can't just kill all three classes without dying, you have to get a Triple Kill (kill them within a few seconds of each other) to boot. As someone who isn't fond of PVP in shooters in general, trying to get this has been a chore. Maybe I'll luck out and get it eventually, but it's frustrating that either it's glitched or the description is misleading, making it much more luck based than it needs to be. Ok, rant over. LOL

I've gotten mine when I saw "double down" medal, weird but I'll take it.

From what I read, assists count too, so that's probably how you got it. I totally forgot about that. Thanks. I've gotten double down several times now, only to be killed shortly after. I guess I'll have to just keep trying.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the Packing Heat thread. Back to discussing that.

I'll have to look into getting an Elder Cipher weapon, but I'm not sure if that will be any easier than trying to luck out on a Mytho drop, LOL. Prison of Elders kicked my butt last time >.<

Triple Play isn't glitched, all they would do (assuming Bungie gives a crap. Which they won't) about that is change the description to something along the lines of "Earn a multi-kill medal by killing a Hunter, Titan, and Warlock in a PvP match."

But that's assuming they intended it to be that way, which hasn't been confirmed, AFAIK.

Either way, you're right: it is questionable as to whether any crap has been given by Bungie, since Packing Heat hasn't been fixed either.

From what I read, assists count too, so that's probably how you got it. I totally forgot about that. Thanks. I've gotten double down several times now, only to be killed shortly after. I guess I'll have to just keep trying.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the Packing Heat thread. Back to discussing that.

I'll have to look into getting an Elder Cipher weapon, but I'm not sure if that will be any easier than trying to luck out on a Mytho drop, LOL. Prison of Elders kicked my butt last time >.<

Elder Ciphers are much easier to get than the Mythoclast. I've got one on each character. Had one reset to 0 and I kinda lost interest in PoE. I'll get back into Destiny and finish them up a couple weeks before TTK releases. Just keep doing 34 PoE's and you'll get one eventually.

I'm surprised to hear this works. Hope it's true for you guys still needing the plat.