How Do You Like House of Wolves?

swotam

Just thought I'd put this out there. While I'm personally planning to dramatically cut back on my Destiny playtime roughly a week after the release of HoW, I thought it would be worth seeing how others feel about it. Warning, long post.

What I Liked

The story missions, while not being particularly long, were actually pretty decent. Even with the whole "playing previous missing backwards" business, they were alright. The story, while still rather bare bones, was more interesting and engaging than the Eris nonsense from TDB. Having Petra and Variks chatting with you while you were playing the missions made them more interesting, and the flow of the missions seemed to make some sense. It's basically "find the bad guy, chase the bad guy, take down the bad guy", but it works for what it is. I played with a couple of friends on 32 difficulty and we had a good time. A definite step up from "brooding goth/emo chick who hates Crota".

The new strike is reasonably fun, and one HELL of a lot better than Omnigul (otherwise known as Yoko Ono's Fortress of Screaming). It's fairly quick, progresses well, and even as an Arc burn Nightfall is massively easier than Omni whenever she comes around. Rather than producing something most people will avoid, they've delivered something most people will play.

New Bounties! Finally, something new to do that doesn't involve vaporizing 2 Thralls 20 times on The Dark Below mission for the millionth time, or Killing 10 Fallen Majors or Ultras, etc. Fun times (at least until Wednesday comes around...).

Exotic upgrades are significantly better, and as long as you have enough exotic shards you can easily upgrade all your important exotic gear and weapons right from the start. No more screwing around with Xur and having to redo all the upgrades on your exotic items, and no more having to spend massive amounts of Glimmer to do it.

Legendary upgrades are much simpler, with the upgrade trees being solely related to perks and features, while damage is handled by a one time Etheric light upgrade. Less time and effort is required to max items out, with the only issue being the actual obtaining of Etheric light.

The Speaker actually has a purpose beyond spouting pro-Traveller propaganda and selling pricey class items and emblems. The ability to exchange previously useless shards, energy, or essence is definitely a plus, even if his exchange rate isn't 1 to 1 in most cases.

What I Thought Was "OK"

Reforging weapons is useful, if not highly dependent on RNG. You can burn through a pile of motes trying to get the combination you want, and you still might not get it. You may find that huge pile of motes you've had around forever will suddenly vanish as you attempt, possibly in vain, to get the perfect roll on your weapon.

Prison of Elders isn't something I like as much as I hoped I might, mostly because I can see if becoming rather dull as the weeks and months go by. While somewhat more randomized than the raid, at the end of the day you're basically going and doing the same thing week after week. While the enemies, modifiers, and bosses will vary match by match or week by week for the higher levels, at the end of the day you're basically going to be doing the same thing each week, just with some slight variety instead of it being exactly the same. I suspect people will grow tired of it sooner than they might think.

Trials of Osiris. I didn't play it and I'm not dissatisfied with what it is, but as someone who sucks at PVP it's not really something I can participate in unless I feel the need to get steamrolled, and that's something I can experience in regular Crucible matches much of the time. For the PVP elite it's great, having your own private clubhouse on Mercury is a nice touch, but it's not for me and not for a large portion of the player base who don't excel at PVP.

What I Didn't Like

Xur not selling any HoW exotics was stupid in my opinion. I burned through 276 motes, including a bunch I exchanged shards for, to buy 12 exotic engrams trying to get the new Hunter helm, only to get pretty much every other helm except that one. Sure, I got 12 more exotic shards, but it was an all too familiar (and unwelcome) reminder of the randomness of RNGesus and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Reforging weapons, while useful as an ability, is still far too RNG-based to make it appealing unless you have a HUGE pile of excess motes (that you didn't blow on engrams). You could get your desired roll on your 1st attempt, or your 100th, or not at all. It's a great way for Bungie to have players blow through their Mote inventory and then face the unpleasant requirement to grind for motes once they run out. I got lucky and got my desired Rocket Launcher roll on my 13th try, but by that point I only had 2 motes left. Further attempts to reforge my Scout Rifle have so far yielded nothing in 20+ attempts and I'm completely out of motes at this point.

Motes being needed for everything sounds great on paper, especially if you have hundreds of them in the vault. However, something that previously had almost no use is now suddenly used for a bunch of stuff, and once your massive pile of motes is gone, you'll face the all too familiar need to farm them. There really needs to be a more reliable way to get motes instead of XP grinding and hoping to get one from a engram.

Treasure Keys need to have a more reliable method to obtain them. I'm not suggesting that they drop like candy, but at the same time spending HOURS farming ether chests for something that has a drop rate of around 2% is moronic. Personally I don't bother doing it unless I happen to be in the zone when the Pack of Wolves appears, but really, expecting players to do this is just dumb. You should have a guaranteed way to get at least 1 key per week, whether that be through the Nightfall, or PoE 32+, or by completing all the Reef bounties, or whatever.

Special Ammo packs really need to be something players can delete. While I was able to fill up all my inventory slots to avoid accumulating more of them, I still have over 100 that I'll probably never use unless I get another Invective bounty. Bungie really should have thought about this, given all the issues people already have with vault / inventory space.

Etheric Light is too hard to obtain. Yeah, I understand that it's not something you want to be handing out left and right, but at the same time locking it behind 34/35 PoE or limiting it to high scoring ToO teams is too stingy. The Nightfall has a chance to drop it, but it's RNG-based and odds are you won't get one. Most people have a pile of Legendary gear and weapons that they might want to upgrade, and while I don't think it's something you should be able to do right away, I also don't think it's something you still want to be grinding for months from now. Yes, I know you can get 6 per week by completing PoE 34 & 35 on 3 characters, but most people don't play that way and most have a single main character who can get 2 per week max and that assumes they can even do PoE 34/35, which is not at all guaranteed. They could have at least given one out for finishing the story missions so that everyone could upgrade at least 1 Legendary item, rather than making it yet another hard to obtain but more or less mandatory item. The fact that all Legendary weapons and gear require Etheric light to upgrade to max damage or defense came as a bit of a surprise to me, as I was under the assumption that this was only needed to upgrade pre-HoW weapons or gear, not ALL weapons or gear. Given how much new gear and weapons you are likely to accumulate, your requirement for Etheric light is going to be substantial in most cases, at least it will if you ever want to upgrade your items to maximum.

Weekly Reef Bounties came as a big disappointment for me personally. As someone who tends to do the bounties each day, I was really happy to see something new to do, and so on Tuesday I grabbed all the available bounties and was able to get them all done. Returning on Wednesday to find nothing new came as a surprise, and from that point it was back to the Tower to grab the same old bounties that I've been doing since September. It's not even about getting the Queen Rep, it's just having something new to do only to find out that you can only do that new thing once a week.

Unfortunately, due to the constant reminders that the grind really hasn't gone anywhere, I'm cutting back on Destiny already. I had high hopes for HoW, but underneath it all it's still the same old same old, unfortunately.

Edited by swotam
Omnigul, not Omigul

I do like that Trials of Osiris brings in something for those that prefer the PvP side of things. It's priority for good connections is great, and I hope it trickles it's way into regular Crucible too.

The Prison of Elders is no raid, but it's still good fun. I just don't like that it has to be all done in one go. I can understand if the reasoning for this was to nip the sharing of checkpoints in the bum, but couldn't they have introduced something where you can only continue from a checkpoint with the same players that you got there with?

I think the biggest appeal to me about the game is the loot, and the customization of my characters, and House of Wolves boosts that quite well - it makes stuff from the base game and the first expansion relevant, and now I can don the Vex, Hive and Fallen gear on each of my characters and they are the same level. That said, that is kind of what makes House of Wolves presence big - it edits what we already had to introduce of shroud of new stuff to do.

The story was alright to experience, but I don't know if that's because it made the Fallen feel fresh after so long or because we've had to deal with nothing but Hive since December.

In the end though I bought the Expansion Pass, and at the moment, in my opinion I don't feel like the asking price is worth it.

Definitely a bit mixed. I played a lot this week, and I've done almost everything except I need one Flawless ToO run and 1 more 35 PoE run.

I definitely agree and wish there was a reliable way to get Treasure Keys (PoE 35 should be a guaranteed drop, and 34 PoE should have a higher drop rate), especially since armor and weapon cores are already feeling redundant - all three classes at level 34 and you only need 1 weapon core per character each week to get the weapon. Also, the fact that the key is needed for the Skolas Emblem/Ship/Shader is annoying and Exotic PoE bounty. I would have saved my first two had I known that ahead of time.

Speaking of PoE, I can't say I'm a huge fan. I never was interested in a Horde mode (played a ton of it in Gears 2 and 3, and every other game that implemented one when it was the mode of the day) and this just feels like everything else we've already done in the game. The objective mechanics are generic at best and force you out in the open against enemies that kill you in the blink of an eye. The bosses are just bullet-sponges with tons of adds, and the Skolas fight in particular is just dumb without a 3 x Gjallarhorn burn. I really hate that Bungie took the HM Crota route and made the highest level one level above the max Guardian level for artificial difficulty with no real thought behind the mechanics (but speaking of HM Crota, I ran the fight 4 x yesterday as swordbearer with randoms and killed him first try each time. He just melts - Ogres are going to be lonely from now on).

The Skolas fight had potential, but with everything able to obliterate you if you so much as peek your head out it's just an exercise in frustration, and the drop rates for the elemental primaries and Elder Cipher seem ridiculously low. What happened to the people that designed Vault of Glass? PoE just feels like a "Hey let's throw something together as quickly as possible!".

I've enjoyed Trials for the most part, but I can see it being very frustrating for those that don't do PVP. I've gone flawless twice, had a 9-1 run and an 8-2 (stopped there) and a couple of runs where I stopped once we had gotten a loss on our card. Connection seems to be pretty good, but one failed card had a loss that was attributed to a laggy match. I've also seen reports of people DDOSing and lag switching. It is a bit annoying to constantly go against 3 x Thorn teams, but PVP in Destiny has never been very well balanced. I do have to wonder where Fate of All Fools is, though.

I am glad that lessons were learned in regards to the legendary and Exotic upgrade paths. I've gotten 13/15 possible "guaranteed" Etheric light, and I've gotten a good amount of weapons and gear fully upgraded now.

Last thing is that more Vault space is needed, and it cannot wait for long. My vault is overflowing with things, and I've barely started collecting the HoW stuff. What does Bungie expect us to do, especially since we can Ascend everything? I'm also a bit annoyed that the lack of Vault space caused me to dismantle things that I would have kept had I known that it would have been relevant/useful again.

It refreshed the game a tad for me. I PvE and PvP a lot, so I'm glad with the changes, it gives me some incentive to hit the Crucible and finally be rewarded from it.

Campaign-wise, as with all DLC apart from some good ones, it's just lacking. There's more immersion than the Eris stuff, but sometimes it felt weird having to turn in a mission to Petra and her sending me to Variks (who's literally 10 feet away) to get a new mission. They're supposed to work together, can't Petra just give me the bounty so I can head back to Orbit?

Prison of Elders.. I like the concept, but I think it'll need serious tweaking, especially the Skolas fight. I get the mechanics, but the only viable strategy still revolves around the single strongest exotic launcher in the game. That said, I liked the 32 and 34 versions more, some of the waves were challenging (wave 4 Urrox's Grudge comes to mind.. damn Arc Hive).

Trials is a godsend for me, as well as the increased droprates for legendaries in Crucible.

Reforging.. mixed feelings, but I like that you are able to mix up your weapons as opposed to having to be extremely lucky to get a drop with the right perks.

Etheric Light is too hard to obtain.

I agree with most of what you said except I believe that the Etheric Light is way to easy to obtain. This week I got 15 Etheric Light and have all my characters at level 34 with basically all my favorite legendaries upgraded. I got 3 from the level 34 PoE, 3 from the level 35 PoE, and 9 from Trials Of Osiris. If you have a good group its way to easy to get Etheric Light to the point where now I am honestly already getting bored. The grind is basically none existent and they are just handing out max level now.

I am glad that lessons were learned in regards to the legendary and Exotic upgrade paths. I've gotten 13/15 possible "guaranteed" Etheric light, and I've gotten a good amount of weapons and gear fully upgraded now.

What are the 15 guaranteed etheric lights? I know about the six from PoE. Where do the other nine come from? ToO? I realize that you were able to get etheric light from the trials, I just didn't know it was that much.

I'm enjoying HoW for what it is. I don't see it holding onto me for more than another week or two. I'll still do the ocassional NF's, raids and now, PoE's for a while to come, but I won't be playing all day every day like I did in the beginning.

Really not all that peeved about the story missions. Yeah, they were backward retrace of areas we've already seen, but it was fun having some new content. I especially enjoyed the last two missions. Although including the vault in a story mission felt a little weird like it was taboo having a raid area in a story mission.

I wasn't all that thrilled with PoE. It's cover these doors and shoot the enemies as they file out, cap points A ,B and C and then kill some gimmicky bullet sponge boss while killing endless waves of adds. I much prefer the raids to horde mode, but I guess I'm stuck until I can upgrade everything.

I would have loved to have had the chance to try out ToO and I'm not really fond of pvp. I hate that this is a weekend only game mode. I wish Bungie would expand ToO's window because most of my weekends are usually blocked off.

Oh...and am I the only one that misses Peter Dinklage?

You get 1 for your silver teir prize and another for the gold and you get another one from going flawless 9-0 on 1 card to get the chest in Mercury Lighthouse. Times it by all your characters you get 9 Etheric Light.

Oh...and am I the only one that misses Peter Dinklage?

Yes, his delivery was terrible and he should be ashamed to have picked up such a huge cheque. Most fans see it as good riddance.

As for HoW - the missions, lack of raid, strike and low end PoE suck. But PoE 34/35 and ToO and new streamlined gear/weapon systems are fantastic. They perfectly embody what end game content should be, and have revived my faith in BUNGiE, and for Destinys future.

I agree with most of what you said except I believe that the Etheric Light is way to easy to obtain. This week I got 15 Etheric Light and have all my characters at level 34 with basically all my favorite legendaries upgraded. I got 3 from the level 34 PoE, 3 from the level 35 PoE, and 9 from Trials Of Osiris. If you have a good group its way to easy to get Etheric Light to the point where now I am honestly already getting bored. The grind is basically none existent and they are just handing out max level now.

You get 1 for your silver teir prize and another for the gold and you get another one from going flawless 9-0 on 1 card to get the chest in Mercury Lighthouse. Times it by all your characters you get 9 Etheric Light.

Yeah, but this is exactly the point I'm trying to make, and I refer to your method in the OP. Etheric Light is easy to obtain, for you. You got 15 because you ran Level 34 / 35 PoE on 3 characters, then (presumably) went 9-0 in ToO on 3 characters as well. Not everyone has 3 characters, not everyone can get groups together for 34/35, and not everyone can go 9-0 in ToO.

So for players like you, yeah, no problem. But for average players with 1 character and average PVP skills it's nowhere near as easy. I'm just suggesting that they should have some method of getting Etheric light that doesn't require higher level PoE or ToO, without being entirely dependent on the RNG being nice to you in the Nightfall, and without making it too easy.

Hell, just give people 1 for completing the Nightfall. If you only have one character with an average amount of weapons and gear, you'll be spending the next 2-3 months upgrading all your stuff if you get one a week this way.

Edited by swotam

Hell, just give people 1 for completing the Nightfall. If you only have one character with an average amount of weapons and gear, you'll be spending the next 2-3 months upgrading all your stuff if you get one a week this way.

I have seen one rewarded for the nightfall. ( mhst_guy)

As for the rest of this statement I think you may be exaggerating a bit here. I didn't do any 35 POE with any characters , did not do the trials and got one character to 34 and the other 2 to 33. With the chest piece variks is selling and since I have 2 extra armor cores I think both my 33's will be 33 1/2 and with 3 more runs on 34 POE this week , 3 more lights , all my characters will be 34 in less than a weeks time. 90% of people on this forum probably have 3 stout characters , very few people have just 1 character. They made upgrading armor piss easy now , exotics drop like rain right now so exotic shards are easy to come by and for people that have been playing for a while have a stack of those already , I took 5 months off and had more than 20 when I came back and have gotten 5 or 6 more since.

I did like the use of Vault of Glass in one of the story missions and the new area for a couple of them but overall like everyone else said it's just find, kill, repeat.

Prison of Elders is relatively simplistic, it's more about managing the large number of enemies. Haven't done 34 or 35 though because I lack friends.

Trials of Osiris, didn't play it as I don't have the friends.

My biggest issue is as usual the requirement that I have people who can do endgame content all the time but don't already have a regular group they do endgame content with.

Etheric light is annoying as expected because RNG hates me. Although I will admit I lack the time to be running 3 characters through everything all the time much less doing 34 and 35 POE.

I liked the story missions but it's far too short as usual.

PoE I'm not feeling at all, the intial games were ok as it was a new experience in Destiny but I found myself growing tired of it very quickly. I managed a level 32 on all 3 characters but only did one level 34 and didn't bother attempting a level 35.

I did manage to do some Trials on just the one character but only managed to get the chest piece with 7 wins (definitely no flawless for me!)

I like playing Destiny but PoE isn't really appealing to me for some reason, maybe it's the whole grind for etheric light, maybe I'm just not bothered about getting to level 34. Maybe it's because I preferred the raid mechanic for getting gear/materials for levelling up.

It's not good and it's not bad. It's just meh. The story missions were actually pretty fun but, at least for me, the PoE is really boring. It basically boils down to hiding in a corner and letting all the enemies come to you while either disarming or destroying a bomb or taking out a target. The thrown in boss fights are either very easy or very frustrating, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

I don't have any level 34 characters yet as the only Etheric Light I received was from my first (and only) ToO. I have yet to beat level 34 and 35 PoE as most people won't accept a player without a Gally. My warlock is level 33 while my hunter and titan are both 32 1/2. I simply can't get the material needed to reach the new level cap, which effectively locks me out of the end-game content. I have seem to hit a wall and it is now just becoming a vicious cycle. I try and join a group for the activity to get the material needed to ascend my gear, but since I'm not already level 34 I usually get turned away. If they can past the fact that I'm 33 then I usually get turned away because I don't have a Gally. It's just never ending.

I really wanted to enjoy PoE but I just can't find a group that wants to take a 33 into a 34 level activity. It leaves a pretty sour taste in your mouth when you can't play a majority of the end-game content.

With E3 just a couple of weeks away I'm hoping Bungie/Activision will talk about The Taken King. I'm kind of hoping that there won't be any more trophies, at least on this list, associated with Destiny until Destiny 2 comes out so I can finally walk away. Sad, but true. :(

With E3 just a couple of weeks away I'm hoping Bungie/Activision will talk about The Taken King. I'm kind of hoping that there won't be any more trophies, at least on this list, associated with Destiny until Destiny 2 comes out so I can finally walk away. Sad, but true. :(

I've looked at the Exhibitor List for E3 and Bungie aren't going to be there but Activision are so there's a chance something may be announced.

I love many things about HoW, especially finally being able to look different than other characters of the same class and still be max light level. The emblems they give you for completing the first "story" missions are pretty awesome and the new sidearm is loads of fun.

But a few things are lack luster or otherwise just disappointing:

Petra's bounties only being weekly. You can knock all 6 of them out in 30 minutes then it takes a week for more for them to appear again? It's just a lame way of dragging out the content.

Etheric light is too difficult to obtain outside of PvP. Their rarity is another attempt to extend the content, but I think they went too far with it. Sure you can obtain a couple in Trials and IB, but I'm not a huge fan of PvP, so I'm stuck with 34 & 35 PoE (which both are a PITA right now) and maybe getting lucky in the Nightfalls.

Treasure keys are also too tedious to obtain for the less-than-impressive loot they typically provide. Sure, I received 3 exotics my first runs thru the PoE on week 1. They were all dupes of ones I already had an ascended. But they were nice. Week 2? Not one appeared from that chest. Etheric light should pop from that big chest. Now THAT would make those keys worth the trouble!

Skolas fight was worth it once last week. That ship is pretty badass, gotta admit. Flying around in the Queen's ships are a great addition to the game (even if the valets at the tower can't fit it into that elevator, lol). But the fact that they don't drop on 2nd and 3rd characters after beating Skolas just sucks. It might be a bug, gotta wait and see, but at the moment they aren't so if you want another one you'll have to wait for Petra to give us more bounties over the next SEVERAL weeks for you to get your level up high enough to buy that other Queen's ship they are selling for...wait for it...17.5K! That bitch better come with leather seats!

I've looked at the Exhibitor List for E3 and Bungie aren't going to be there but Activision are so there's a chance something may be announced.

Was reading the Bungie weekly update on the Destiny App and saw this:

"And, we'll see you at E3. That's right. You might have seen mention of Bungie this or Destiny that on E3 schedules. We'll have some things to tease. Wouldn't miss it for the world."

Looks like they should be talking about The Taken King (hopefully). Maybe some of our questions will be answered. Doubt it though. :whistle:

I imagine Bungie will be part of the Sony conference, considering Sony's deals with Activision on the matter.

I like HoW. It's far better than TDB. But it doesn't mean I'm not already running out of content. I've gotten all the new exotics except the boots. I've got elemental primaries across the board, and no desire to collect the gaps due to lack of storage space. I've got etheric light out the ass now, and it took no time at all to knock out all 3 35's this week. The content has been fun though. I won't lie and say the 30-40 hours or so I've gotten from it hasn't been worth the money. Trials and the Prison are hella fun with friends who communicate and make the fights go smoothly. Widow's Court is my favorite crucible map now, and despite Timekeeper being the worst thing since spoiled milk, the crucible maps are still miles better than Dark Below overall.

Also, Lord of Wolves is love. Lord of Wolves is life.

Much better than the dark below, so much so I feel like I got screwed over with that as they were the same price. However, I'm running out of things to do in it. Prison of Elders is fun and all but there's only 4 arenas and its the same thing over and over. The main reason I play Destiny now is because my friends do and I still need the 4th horseman, and those 2 new exotic leg pieces. I have every other exotic, so why not complete the collection :p

Was reading the Bungie weekly update on the Destiny App and saw this:

"And, we'll see you at E3. That's right. You might have seen mention of Bungie this or Destiny that on E3 schedules. We'll have some things to tease. Wouldn't miss it for the world."

Looks like they should be talking about The Taken King (hopefully). Maybe some of our questions will be answered. Doubt it though. :whistle:

Great, this just means that the E3 site is coded by idiots who don't know what they're talking about :facepalm:.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd revisit this because of how I've been feeling of late, and my opinion hasn't grew in a positive way - I suppose that is an obvious?

I still feel the same way about Trials of Osiris. It really is the only thing that has attracts me, and only because I haven't been to the Lighthouse yet.

I'm sure once I've done it once, it's appeal will fall dead flat on it's face as PvP was not on the card of my interest with Destiny before it's release, co-op was.

Prison of Elders is a chore. Realistically, we only had one new arena a week (because the 34 from the week previous turned to next week's 32, and 35 is always the same (which we were told about to be fair)), and that lasted what, 4 weeks?

The only reason to play in my opinion is for the armour, the only reason I'm still playing now is to get rid of the Str. gear for my Warlock. My Titan and Hunter are done.

The 34 arena is mostly pointless, as the weapons on offer always have a stupid perk.

As for 35, I have mixed feelings. I'd be quite happy to do just this arena 3 times a week, even after I've got the armour for my Warlock - the last fight is quite fun, especially compared to what it was originally. But... them rewards.

First of all, the chance for an elemental primary is seemingly low. And then you have the random element, and then those stupid perks (as mentioned before). It just doesn't warrant the time.

I mean, ignoring the random element, you've got what, a 1 in 4 or 5 chance of getting a decent burn/perk? What do we want to avoid: shank burn, dreg burn, vandal burn and disabling a Captain's abilities?

Personally, out of all the Skolas defeats I've got three elemental primaries, one was a solar auto rifle (already have the Abyss Defiant) with the Captain abilities perk, an arc pulse rifle (like every other raid pulse rifle before it) with shank burn, and an arc hand cannon (Fatebringer has this role covered).

Pointless.

I can understand why some can't be bothered with the 35 arena.

For me, and I believe I mentioned this in my first post, the only definitive positive HoW has brought with it is that older gear has become relevant with the Ehteric Light system. And it is that which is linked to another positive, being able to reach max Light level with more than one type of armour from only one source.

I don't think this feeling of 'unhappiness' (for lack of a better word) isn't to do with being burnt out on the game (I felt this before TDB released, and a little before HoW's release), but methinks it's more of I can't be bothered because as a PvE orientated Destiny player I don't feel the time put in is proportionate to the possible rewards received.

3/10

Not worth full price: Prison of Elders is easily the most boring activity added to Destiny yet, 3 new exotics are just meh and only worth keeping in the vault, PoE loot is just bad and story missions?? all i can say is lol

i'll surely be getting The Taken King but i can just say that Destiny that we have right now is hopeless and only the next title will maybe fix what we have right now especially in the story side, i need good story telling not cards...

honestly the only good thing that came out with House of Wolves in my opinion is Trials of Osiris and that could have been easily added without the DLC.

oh yeah the leveling up system is nice so thats one improvement :p

Edited by finalstar2007

I was excited about this new dlc but after playing it... I am right back to square 1....i can finally beat a poe 35....now nobody is playing OR nobody is online... I lost my desire to play to get all of the exotics... There is no way I can get them all from the POE... Only have 1. The risk is not worth the reward.... Im bored w the game again and finding people for trials has become a chore... Anytime something becomes a chore instead of fun... Not worth it... Back to trophy hunting I guess