Triple Play

RaavaHelios

If this topic has already been made I apologize but I couldn't find it. Anyway I was wondering how exactly is this trophy unlocked? Because I've killed a titan, hunter, and warlock without dying and nothing happened. So I'm very confused and since I'm not very good at Crucible, I'd love nothing more than to get it out of way. If anyone could explain this to me, it would be much appreciated.

From the stickied Guide :):

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1542/56d.jpg Triple Play (S)

Kill a Hunter, Titan, and Warlock without dying in a PvP match.

Although the description of the trophy leads one to assume you must kill one of each class, in any order, without dying before the third and final kill, it is wholly misleading. You have to achieve a triple kill on the three classes. Either through a simultaneous death or rapid succession, which is far more difficult to do than the trophy description leads one to believe. The strange part is that this game counts assists as kills, so two kills and an assist would suffice, as long as it was very quick.

Since it is an extremely luck based trophy the best thing you can do is help increase your own odds. You can do this in a number of ways, but the safest bet is using large radius attacks such as Rocket Launchers, Warlock Nova Bomb, Hunter Arc Blade, and Titan’s Fist of Havoc.

Playing Control is a sure fire way to get a lot of double kills, since it’s not uncommon for two or more players capturing to be in close proximity. However, it’s much harder to get a triple since three players can quickly capture a point and disperse, long before you can line up a big attack. Worse yet they will typically see you coming and attack as soon as you come in range, so Sprint-Slide in close.

If you are a Warlock or Titan be sure to immediately head to contested points and launch your Nova or Fist super on top of it, the second you see people grouped up. With enough luck and attempts you can secure a triple kill consisting of the right classes.

I personally prefer playing Clash for triple kills. It is very easy to flank distracted targets and teams will often have standoffs, allowing you to do just that. The down side of Clash is that on larger maps teams will frequently spread out and make it nearly impossible to get a triple.

Either Clash or Control will work fine and it is entirely personal preference.

This was my last crucible trophy which I managed to grind the other day and I'm rubbish at PvP. Just keep playing control and look for opportunities to use your super (I switched to my titan), it takes a bit of luck but you'll get it eventually.

In the end rather than getting a triple kill outright with my super, I got a double kill with it and then quickly shot another enemy coming in for it to pop.

Just need Flawless Raider now.

Anyway I was wondering how exactly is this trophy unlocked? Because I've killed a titan, hunter, and warlock without dying and nothing happened.

As Terminator posted, the trophy description is poorly worded. You need to kill the three enemies and earn the Triple Down medal while doing so. That means killing them rapidly.

Play Control. Get a Fist of Havoc or Nova Bomb ready to go, watch for opponents trying to capture a zone and hope for the best. Arc Blade can work, too. That's how I got my trophy.

I got extremely lucky with this one and honestly wasnt even going for it nor did i care for it and figured it would come naturally when the time is right. I played the daily crucible XP match for the day a while back and was using my hunter. I was leveling up my blade dancer way back and it was on skirmish. I died someone revived me i activated my super and didnt realize there were 1 of each class on the other team and i basically blade dancered them all in a matter of seconds and one tried to get away but i killed him to. I got my trophy that way. Best advice control bc that has multiple chances of you getting the 3 classes.Just know every map and go to where each control point that the whole team seems to gather there for the war lol then use ur super.

Oh crap. I struggle with 3 kills without dying. Let alone this. Bummer, this'll be more challenging. My Destiny gaming mate who is a tad worse than me, already got it - which makes it more annoying, since he likes to rub this one in.

I know the feeling all my friends have gotten this with pure luck, absolute fluke or just by playing. I once got 4 triple kills in a match a combo of supers, shotguns and luck. Once i did a super with triple kill with my warlock and fell off an edge, ugh. I have still yet to get it.

Oh crap. I struggle with 3 kills without dying. Let alone this. Bummer, this'll be more challenging. My Destiny gaming mate who is a tad worse than me, already got it - which makes it more annoying, since he likes to rub this one in.

Part luck, part skill. Easier with a Titan slam or Warlock nova bomb.

Just run and gun (working on other trophies, hopefully) then activate your super when you see a group of 3.

no way to boost this?

Threads were created ages ago..answer is NO...has been and always will be no...it is not that hard to do...if u can't do it now...wait until the next DLC comes out when more people will be online...should have went for it around the launch...most of us got it not knowing it was a trophy...

Threads were created ages ago..answer is NO...has been and always will be no...it is not that hard to do...if u can't do it now...wait until the next DLC comes out when more people will be online...should have went for it around the launch...most of us got it not knowing it was a trophy...

not everyone can afford to buy everygame day 1

Why? The requirements haven't changed.

Because every FPS game evolves within a 6 month period. There is no FPS from launch to 6 months later that plays like it did in the beginning.

-Players are more skilled, more aware, more conscious of map layout, cheap tatics etc.

*People are more aware of how to counter supers than they were

*In the beginning, a large number of people didn't even realize how important getting the heavy crates were, they just ignored them

-The likelihood of running into a new player NOW, vs at launch, or even around Christmas noob time is VERY slim. The people you see know what they are doing. Subclasses likely maxed etc.

- Player class diversity has changed. Its common knowledge what is OP now. People exploit that. It is statistically less favorable for you to see that 1 of each class scenario set up for you.

Not saying its anywhere near impossible now, but if you are a player who isn't a regular crucible player and decide to start trying now? Certainly more challenging than if you did it when the game was new.

The best advice is, as it was already suggested in another similar thread, to just let it happen naturally while playing the game.

I got it unexpectedly during the second to last Iron Banner and had nearly forgotten about it anyway.

I would even go as far as to say it's nearly impossible to miss if you play a couple of hours of PvP a week - you'll get familiar with the maps quickly in control as they're not overly complex or big and with some patience, multi kills can be regularly achieved with any class at the right spot.

It can help to play with a friend to coordinate, bait or gather enemies, but it is not necessary.

I got this as soon as I stopped trying for it. It was in control as a Warlock. One of our flags was being captured and I ran over there. Three enemies were shooting at one of my teammates and BAM...I hit them with my super.

Theoretically this could be boosted. Create a fire team of six players and go into a Rumble match. Have everyone go to an area and take turns taking everyone out quickly.

no way to boost this?

Yep, you can boost this in a Salvage match (3v3). It does not take long to find the other team.. 10 minutes or so. Just needs a little setup: of one of each class, on each team.

I got it without using my super, just with auto rifle. They have to be very quick kills in succession though.

Edited by OGRONIN

I got this as soon as I stopped trying for it. It was in control as a Warlock. One of our flags was being captured and I ran over there. Three enemies were shooting at one of my teammates and BAM...I hit them with my super.

Theoretically this could be boosted. Create a fire team of six players and go into a Rumble match. Have everyone go to an area and take turns taking everyone out quickly.

You can't go into Rumble with more than 3 people in your fireteam.

No personal experience (my Triple Play dropped randomly) but I believe you can take two fireteams of 3 into the match. If you co-ordinate over PSN chat and select the match at the same time there is a fair chance your two teams will be pitted against each other. I gather this is because Bungie tries to match a team of three against another team of three (as opposed to three individuals) and there are not many of those at any given time.