Flawless Raider Question - Which Raid?

Liquidizer96

Hi All, I'm looking to get those done some time soon but I just have a general question exactly which raid do you think this is best/easiest to get this on? If you could provide reasonings as to why you think it too that would be great ;)

My personal stance would be VoG. Everyone works together to get that raid done. Crota I believe too much rides on one sole player. Don't get me wrong I like both raids.

Hi All, I'm looking to get those done some time soon but I just have a general question exactly which raid do you think this is best/easiest to get this on? If you could provide reasonings as to why you think it too that would be great ;)

From what I've be reading Crota seems to be the easier one. It's also very short so you can run more in less time. I think VoG would be easier for myself since I can't remember the last time I died in normal mode that wasn't an intentional wipe and I still die from time to time in the deathsinger part at Crota

I suck at crota and feel 10X more comfortable w VOG so i believe it boils down to what the teams strong side is...one side u need good relic holders and other is a good sword carrier...so it is a toss up BUT vog is easier and a lot more people are used to that. Vault is about 35-45 min and crota is shorter but still i say go for vault.

We are trying Crota and it certainly feels easier:

Shorter so it is less of a big deal if somebody wipes near the end

Less glitches and they are generally things you can resume from (e.g. sword disappears - just wait one extra Crota rotation)

You can potentially carry weaker players through most of it (the exception being the Bridge, which is the hardest part)

We are trying Crota and it certainly feels easier:

Shorter so it is less of a big deal if somebody wipes near the end

Less glitches and they are generally things you can resume from (e.g. sword disappears - just wait one extra Crota rotation)

You can potentially carry weaker players through most of it (the exception being the Bridge, which is the hardest part)

That is funny because I actually think it is easier than the Deathsinger. Obviously that is my opinion and I do not actually find the Deathsinger to be hard (especially not on Normal mode), but I think that the bridge is fairly easy to do and I have noticed that even on normal a lot of people die during the Deathsinger. They will even die while hiding in the towers...

As to the OP's question, I personally did Flawless Raider on VoG on my first try. As long as everyone know what they are doing, there is no reason to die. Just max out your armour and communicate if you need help right away.

Also, if you do run VoG, make sure that you are not taking unnecessary risks like:

1) Shooting rockets when you might be detained

2) Shooting rockets while your group is clustered

3) Jumping around when you might be detained

4) Running into enemy hotspots for heavy ammo

5) Randomly putting up Titan bubbles without any warning and having someone rocket themselves

Because let's be honest, we all know that one guy that does it every time. I even warn people not to use rockets and SECONDS later, "guardian down"...

Edited by AlderReign

I've been off Destiny for about three weeks now, but I still have to vote for Vault of Glass. Which the glitches mostly patched out, taking a team of geared and experienced raiders shouldn't be an issue. My raid team did the trophy on our first attempt. After weeks of running the raid 2 to 3 times a week I said "Alright, let's try this without anyone dying." It was a stressful experience as a group, but not an overly difficult one, and that was before the level cap increase.

Good luck.

I would strongly recommend going for it on Crota's End. I tried extensively to get this trophy for months on both raids. I eventually got it on Crota's End. Here are some reasons for my recommendation:

• Length - Crota's End is 25-30 mins. Vault of Glass is 45-60 mins
  • Platforming - Crota's End doesn't have any. Vault of Glass has 'the descent' and the 'rock monster'
  • Insta-Deaths - Gorgon Maze is one-spot-one-wipe. Not cool.
  • Glitches - The Vault of Glass Atheon glitches lead to wipes way too often. Crota glitches can be overcome more frequently
  • Cheese - Have someone use the lamp jump to cheese the first checkpoint and you're straight into the bridge. After you're first genuine encounter you're half-way through the battle.

I hope this helps and good luck. It's all about good teammates so just try to get hold of those and the rest will take care of itself.

Got this trophy done this morning and from my experience on Crota, with a good team you should have absolutely no issues with a few attempts, our biggest struggle was probably just explaining to the guy who hadn't played Crota all that much exactly what we were doing but other than that we managed to do it in about 30 minutes :)

I would definitely recommend Crota if youre going for this trophy. I've never attempted flawless raider before and managed to get it this morning on only our 3rd run, with a completely random fireteam. The total process of finding players (through this site and LFG) and actually getting the trophy took maybe 2 hours tops.

Granted, I may have gotten lucky with the quality of players we assembled, but the Crota raid is very easy if you've played it enough.

Only 1 guy needs to do the lamps (very easy if its a hunter)

Only 1 guy needs to cross the bridge (everyone else can jump on the tower to despawn the enemies)

Once you get to Crota, if you use the middle ledge strategy, the swordbearer is the only person that is ever in any danger.

You spend the majority of the raid shooting enemies with sniper rifles and rocket launchers from a distance so far that no one is even firing back.

Edited by Meatpants

Crota's End its a no brainer.

Its shorter, cheeseable, less room for mistakes and yea.

Lamps phase: hunter with dont touch me and blade dancer solo it

bridge phase: everyone climbs the tower and despawn the thrall. Snipe, snipe and snipe.

Indiana Jones phase: blow one at a time and if needed plant a titan bubble to protect yourself and teammates. They shriekers dont respawn like they do on hard. Take your time and slowly destroy them

Deathsinger phase: In a practice run we basically two-manned this part. We thought it would be the toughest part, but actually its not so bad. Lure the wizards and kill them. Clear out a couple of knights if needed. Take shriekers down and if you're going to the side with a bunch of enemies (i.e. from where crota looks at you then his right side) then make sure you take a titan with u that has helm of the saint 14 as it really does help a lot.

Once the shriekers are down its time to take down Ir Yut. Make sure to call out the rockets before shooting them so no one gets in your way and kills you. When you enter the room where Ir Yut is i found as a titan the best spot is on the top of those door frames and preferably the 2nd door and against that corner so the enemies from side across wont hurt you much. The reason i say as a titan is to be careful and if you get low on health plant your bubble because the acolytes will shoot their pistols in full-auto mode and that eats your health really quickly.Once it gets to the last few seconds Ir Yut will take so much damage and then the hardest part is done with.

Crota phase: We havent practiced this phase but run it like any normal mode crota run. We stick the to pit strategy and one sniper on top.

Ill post our video completion once i get it done. We're planning for trying it tonight. Thats what we figure works well.

NOTE: The lamp part i have someone confirmed that got the trophy the she said the only person that really needs to drop down from the initial starting point of the raid is the hunter thats gonna solo the lamps and then everyone gets teleported to the bridge. This will avoid deaths from the drops lol

I can personally confirm that only the Bladedancer needs to drop down and you will still get the trophy. Also, do not worry about the "Guardian Down" that you hear when everybody is teleported to the Bridge section. We even had somebody briefly see a 'revive' circle prompt. The trophy still popped!

Crota's End its a no brainer.

Its shorter, cheeseable, less room for mistakes and yea.

Lamps phase: hunter with dont touch me and blade dancer solo it

bridge phase: everyone climbs the tower and despawn the thrall. Snipe, snipe and snipe.

Indiana Jones phase: blow one at a time and if needed plant a titan bubble to protect yourself and teammates. They shriekers dont respawn like they do on hard. Take your time and slowly destroy them

Deathsinger phase: In a practice run we basically two-manned this part. We thought it would be the toughest part, but actually its not so bad. Lure the wizards and kill them. Clear out a couple of knights if needed. Take shriekers down and if you're going to the side with a bunch of enemies (i.e. from where crota looks at you then his right side) then make sure you take a titan with u that has helm of the saint 14 as it really does help a lot.

Once the shriekers are down its time to take down Ir Yut. Make sure to call out the rockets before shooting them so no one gets in your way and kills you. When you enter the room where Ir Yut is i found as a titan the best spot is on the top of those door frames and preferably the 2nd door and against that corner so the enemies from side across wont hurt you much. The reason i say as a titan is to be careful and if you get low on health plant your bubble because the acolytes will shoot their pistols in full-auto mode and that eats your health really quickly.Once it gets to the last few seconds Ir Yut will take so much damage and then the hardest part is done with.

Crota phase: We havent practiced this phase but run it like any normal mode crota run. We stick the to pit strategy and one sniper on top.

Ill post our video completion once i get it done. We're planning for trying it tonight. Thats what we figure works well.

NOTE: The lamp part i have someone confirmed that got the trophy the she said the only person that really needs to drop down from the initial starting point of the raid is the hunter thats gonna solo the lamps and then everyone gets teleported to the bridge. This will avoid deaths from the drops lol

Hold on? WHat's this tower you speak of in the bridge section? I thought they patched the enemy despawning.

Hold on? WHat's this tower you speak of in the bridge section? I thought they patched the enemy despawning.

You can still despawn them with a wipe and warlock self revive but for the purposes of flawless raider the other method is to get everyone to the top of the tower (the one furthest away from you on the sword bearer side when you spawn in). The jumps are tricky for a hunter but much easier for titans and warlocks.

Have a look on youtube for the cheese.

You can still despawn them with a wipe and warlock self revive but for the purposes of flawless raider the other method is to get everyone to the top of the tower (the one furthest away from you on the sword bearer side when you spawn in). The jumps are tricky for a hunter but much easier for titans and warlocks.

Have a look on youtube for the cheese.

The self-revive trick doesn't work anymore, because an annihilator totem on the opposite side of the bridge will activate. I know this because I have tried doing this cheese post-patch.

As for this tower thing, I'll have to look it up on youtube I guess, but is there a specific name I can go looking for it?

The self-revive trick doesn't work anymore, because an annihilator totem on the opposite side of the bridge will activate. I know this because I have tried doing this cheese post-patch.

As for this tower thing, I'll have to look it up on youtube I guess, but is there a specific name I can go looking for it?

To do the warlock cheese, you form the bridge, send one guy across with the sword, he hides in front of the lamp/structure on the left side of the bridge as you look at it. Everyone then wipes on the sword bearer side, and the thrall will despawn, warlock revives and then it's sniper city as usual.

Here's a vid for the path a hunter has to take for the tower cheese...

To do the warlock cheese, you form the bridge, send one guy across with the sword, he hides in front of the lamp/structure on the left side of the bridge as you look at it. Everyone then wipes on the sword bearer side, and the thrall will despawn, warlock revives and then it's sniper city as usual.

Here's a vid for the path a hunter has to take for the tower cheese...

Yeah that's not quite the same as before (the warlock self-rez thing).

Thanks for the link for the tower bit!