Crota Cheese

AlderReign

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is having trouble beating Crota, apparently if you take his shield down and the host quits he does not stop kneeling...

For the record, I have already beaten the raid 5 times including a 22ish minute run, but I am still happy that this exists. Silly Bungie.

Pretty ridiculous that there is a cheese method for every loot drop in the new raid. Sure the cheese method to the first part is probably hard to pull off but the others are not hard to pull off.

If anyone is having trouble beating Crota, apparently if you take his shield down and the host quits he does not stop kneeling...

For the record, I have already beaten the raid 5 times including a 22ish minute run, but I am still happy that this exists. Silly Bungie.

Doesn't the fireteam go to orbit if the host quits?

Can someone confirm if this works and the exact method?

A guy in my fireteam last night mentioned that he heard it was doable on the 360. We tried but he said to turn the PS4 off. I unfortunately let go of the button right as he was standing up and the PS4 turned off at that point. We were going to try it again but then we were like forget it. 4 hours later, still couldn't beat him.

Not sure if this was doable but hey, anything to make the fight easier until they fix it right?

It works just fine. The trick requires for the host to go to the Crota checkpoint SOLO. Then the others join him, and get rezzed. Host needs to be in XMB settings - Internet and be ready to uncheck the box (the top one, to not use the internet connection). Shout out to the host the moment Crota goes down on his knees to dc, and Crota will stay kneeled. Host needs to stay disconnected for at least 10 seconds. If the host needs the loot, you need to wait for him to rejoin, so only bring Crota down 75% or so using sword#1. Also, the cheese to enable health regen does not stack with this, so use the chalice as intended.

I beat him twice legit this week, and then another 10 times doing this to help my friends. I killed Crota seven times so far using ONE sword each time (the other times I had to wait for the host to rejoin).

Edited by TrevorReznor

It works just fine. The trick requires for the host to go to the Crota checkpoint SOLO. Then the others join him, and get rezzed. Host needs to be in XMB settings - Internet and be ready to uncheck the box (the top one, to not use the internet connection). Shout out to the host the moment Crota goes down on his knees to dc, and Crota will stay kneeled. Host needs to stay disconnected for at least 10 seconds. If the host needs the loot, you need to wait for him to rejoin, so only bring Crota down 75% or so using sword#1. Also, the cheese to enable health regen does not stack with this, so use the chalice as intended.

I beat him twice legit this week, and then another 10 times doing this to help my friends. I killed Crota seven times so far using ONE sword each time (the other times I had to wait for the host to rejoin).

Does the host have to activate the crystal to begin the boss fight or you just join in on the checkpoint?

Does the host have to activate the crystal to begin the boss fight or you just join in on the checkpoint?

No need to activate first. You can just have everyone join in first, and activate the crystal after everyone is rezzed.

So the host joins back in and then what happens? He still stays down but you just have to kill the swordbearers for the sword?

Other then Crota staying down on his knees, everything else works the same. You need to deal with the Boomers, Sword-bearers, Oversoul if someone dies, Ogre's if you wait too long, thralls, etc.

I like using the left rocks to jump up with the sword. I have two snipers focus on just taking out the left side knights (two boomer's and the sword guy that spawns on their death). The other players help kill sword-bearer and then chill because they have no need to rocket Crota. Being that you don't need to run mid-sword, you can just press :r2: repeadetly.

The host doesn't need to be rezzed when he rejoins, he will get loot so long as his ghost is in game when Crota dies.

Edited by TrevorReznor

How? He is down for quite a few seconds. Wouldn't the leader go to the menu, choose the option and simply wait for Crota to go down to confirm? Doesn't sound that hard to time :think:

Crota kept getting up. The video I watched was taken from the Xbox1, and they were closing the game instead of disconnecting their internet. Because here is the issue with disconnecting your internet, you can no longer talk to the host. So, how could you let them know if it worked or not? Closing the game app out is quicker, damn near instant, on the Xb1. On the PS4, it takes time to shutdown, and we couldn't get the timing right.

Anyway, I doubt we'll try it this way, but good to know it's better than what we were doing.

Crota kept getting up. The video I watched was taken from the Xbox1, and they were closing the game instead of disconnecting their internet. Because here is the issue with disconnecting your internet, you can no longer talk to the host. So, how could you let them know if it worked or not? Closing the game app out is quicker, damn near instant, on the Xb1. On the PS4, it takes time to shutdown, and we couldn't get the timing right.

Anyway, I doubt we'll try it this way, but good to know it's better than what we were doing.

My group had the same issue. The problem is nobody was picking the sword up. If no one takes the sword Crota will stand back up right away.

You notice in the video the sword carrier is already near crota before he kneels and it ends up working.

Never failed so far if you do it like this:

1. Some people recommend that the person with the best/fastest internet connection should be the host. That person should load into the raid solo. (You obviously need the Crota checkpoint.)

P.S.: I have a slow connection and it still works every time.

2. All the other members should then join the player who's already in the raid.

3. Activate the crystal and clear both sides once the force fields on the sides disappear.

4. The force field opposite of where Crota spawns will not disappear. The host should stand behind this force field (on the inside of the room).

That person should press the PS button > select Settings > Network > Highlight "Connect to the Internet" and stand ready to disconnect when your fireteam says so.

5. All the other players should stand on the other side of this force field (on the outside). If you stand here, the knights in the towers won't fire at you.

In the video below, you can see how you should position yourselves:
    [spoiler=vid]
    [ame]
    [/ame]

All players on the outside should now open fire on Crota. Tell the host when you start firing and most importantly when Crota goes down.

As soon as the host hears that Crota is down. Deselect "Connect to the internet". (After that you can immediately select it again and start logging back in to Destiny.)

If done correctly, Crota will stay down. The players that are still in the game should now focus all fire on the swordbearer. Once he's down, someone should pick up his sword, while the others protect him from the knights in the towers.

The player with the sword should attack Crota by spamming :r2: (default button layout). If you happen to have your sword-super ready, use that instead.

The person who disconnected should be able to get back in time before Crota dies. If this doesn't seem like it's going to be the case, stop attacking Crota till the original host is back.

It's possible to kill Crota within one sword's lifespan, but sometimes the sword might disappear before you manage it or the original host won't be back fast enough. If this happens, the players should retreat back inside (original spawning room) because ogres will most likely appear.

If they appear, kill them carefully. Have everyone stand on one side and designate 1 or 2 players as Knight snipers, while the rest attacks the ogres. Once they're down, a new Swordbearer will appear. Then just repeat the previous two steps.

Notes:

• If someone dies, have everyone concentrate their fire on Crota's oversoul.
  • Pick up the chalice if needed.
  • If Crota gets back up, you need to start over. It won't work if you stay in your current raid attempt.

Edited by Aruberikku

This cheese worked at first for my team, they did it a few times, then the rest tried to reproduce with no result.

But in doing the testing figured out a better way than this to cheese.

I believe Bungie is aware of both though and you should expect a patch after the New Year.

I have not done either glitch or seen it work, so I have nothing left to add.

I am going on information given to me.

Edited by Xx_Weasle_xX

First I beat it legit 4 times. Found out about the cheese and have done it about 8 times. What works for me is pulling the ethernet out of the ps4 a quarter of a second after his knee touches. 2 of the times I was the sword bearer too so I would leave come back and then kill him. Helping 29's and 30's get gear. This raid is too easy.

First I beat it legit 4 times. Found out about the cheese and have done it about 8 times. What works for me is pulling the ethernet out of the ps4 a quarter of a second after his knee touches. 2 of the times I was the sword bearer too so I would leave come back and then kill him. Helping 29's and 30's get gear. This raid is too easy.

I feel you. I beat the raid 5 times first. Then yesterday I solo'd the first two parts, getting the two chests and then I did this on Crota.

So sad that so many undeserving will get the new raid gear, but I thought it would be nice to share.

I feel you. I beat the raid 5 times first. Then yesterday I solo'd the first two parts, getting the two chests and then I did this on Crota.

So sad that so many undeserving will get the new raid gear, but I thought it would be nice to share.

Raid gear is already common I'm not sure what you're complaining about. The only thing that's worth cheesing Crota for is the helmet which is very rare on normal. And I guess the Crux of Crota if anyone is going for Nechrochasm when hard mode comes out.

Edited by burntt0ad

Raid gear is already common I'm not sure what you're complaining about. The only thing that's worth cheesing Crota for is the helmet which is very rare on normal. And I guess the Crux of Crota if anyone is going for Nechrochasm when hard mode comes out.

How rare can it be? I had already done the raid with 2 of my characters before the helmet patch so I only had one shot at it and my hunter got the helmet. I also saw a couple of other ppl get it post patch. I beat vog hard probably 5 times before a helm dropped.

How rare can it be? I had already done the raid with 2 of my characters before the helmet patch so I only had one shot at it and my hunter got the helmet. I also saw a couple of other ppl get it post patch. I beat vog hard probably 5 times before a helm dropped.

I'm just saying what Bungie said. I don't know for certain if it's very rare or just uncommon. It's probably a rare drop but not very rare. It'll be more common when hard mode comes out.

It's simply not as common as the other drops (weapons, other armor, materials) is all. I have beaten the final boss three times myself after the patch and helped over 12 groups after that. In those 15 runs, no one has gotten a helmet AFAIK. So while people certainly do get them (gratz on yours), and that will continue to happen, it is "rare" by comparison.

It's simply not as common as the other drops (weapons, other armor, materials) is all. I have beaten the final boss three times myself after the patch and helped over 12 groups after that. In those 15 runs, no one has gotten a helmet AFAIK. So while people certainly do get them (gratz on yours), and that will continue to happen, it is "rare" by comparison.

Well I guess I got lucky then, looks sick too bad the shards will take forever to upgrade them. Think my lock will be 32 first as I have 33 shards and boots chest and gloves. Hopefully I can pull another 30 shards out of the raid this week.