Husk of the pit

VaNiDgE

Hi guys

So, I was playing in the Cosmodrome and I decided to upgrade my Suros Regime when I noticed that I had a weapon that i don't remember picking up. It's a auto rifle called "Husk of the pit" and apparently from further research it's an extremely rare drop and is not considered a legendary or an exotic.

Some info i found on it http://planetdestiny.com/husk-of-the-pit/

Here is some pictures

www.flickr.com/photos/129319138@N07/15852344638

www.flickr.com/photos/129319138@N07/15417517644

www.flickr.com/photos/129319138@N07/16037837991

Edited by VaNiDgE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your lucky as hell and I'm jealous.

That thing evolves a couple of times, and after both upgrades it becomes Necrochasm! Necrochasm is an exotic ARC auto rifle, and can cause Cursed Thrall explosions on precision kills...

PlanetDestiny Database

And to get the part needed to upgrade it from legendary to exotic, you need to kill Crota on...Hard mode.

Your lucky as hell and I'm jealous.

That thing evolves a couple of times, and after both upgrades it becomes Necrochasm! Necrochasm is an exotic ARC auto rifle, and can cause Cursed Thrall explosions on precision kills...

PlanetDestiny Database

And to get the part needed to upgrade it from legendary to exotic, you need to kill Crota on...Hard mode.

That gun looks ok at best. It's just something about the super low impact and super high rof that doesn't interest me. The design looks cool but honestly I'm not sure if it's worth it. Especially when you have a maxed out Suros.

Edited by burntt0ad

That gun looks ok at best. It's just something about the super low impact and super high rof that doesn't interest me. The design looks cool but honestly I'm not sure if it's worth it. Especially when you have a maxed out Suros.

It's like the murmur but lighter and a lot more tattered, it fires extremly fast but the impact is nothing really. I have only brought it out in a few fights, not something id bring in a PVP or Weekly Heroic and Night Fall. I have to wait and see what it evloves into to see if its a weapon that will help me in the more intense fights.

Quite a few people on Reddit are mentioning that they've had this drop since yesterday's patch went live, so it's possible that there was something glitched with the drop rate that they silently fixed. Seems that killing one of those Hand of Crota mobs (or whatever they're called, the ones who drop the sword you can use) is the key.

Yeah, it only dropped for people with the demo. That's what fixed it in the hotfix.

Got mine from the Blade of Crota in the first DLC mission, "only" took 93 tries... Probably a bit more since I lost count a few times. Wasn't very lucky with the RNG. :p

It automatically gives it to you, kinda like raid gear rather than a normal drop.

Edited by Aruberikku

It's like the murmur but lighter and a lot more tattered, it fires extremly fast but the impact is nothing really. I have only brought it out in a few fights, not something id bring in a PVP or Weekly Heroic and Night Fall. I have to wait and see what it evloves into to see if its a weapon that will help me in the more intense fights.

It's not the common form of the gun I was talking about, nor the legendary version.

It's all about when it turns into an ARC primary weapon. The only other arc primary weapons are fate bringer and prated timepiece, however the Necroplasm is the only one that will have the new 300+ bonus on it. Plus it will presumably cause much larger explosion ratio's then icebreaker/pradeth.revenge. You fire a high rate auto rifle into a control zone being captured to cap one guy in the dome, and the thrall explosion kills the rest of the enemies nearby. That doesn't sound like that bad of a weapon, to me anyhow.

So you guys telling me i can just go to the crosmodome for a few hours and kill the crota dude over and over again and i will have a chance to get the drop? I heard so many theories about you have to be a low level or has to be the demo etc. I have watched youtube videos with different theories none that states that you can just go there and kill him and you have a chance.

Edited by rolla2002

So you guys telling me i can just go to the crosmodome for a few hours and kill the crota dude over and over again and i will have a chance to get the drop? I heard so many theories about you have to be a low level or has to be the demo etc. I have watched youtube videos with different theories none that states that you can just go there and kill him and you have a chance.

I have the full game and not the demo and to be perfectly honest I have no idea how i obtained the weapon as it just happened to be in my inventory. I have read that you get them from killing the Crota sword guys but I haven't fought those guys that much. I have heard people fighting them like over 100 times but still can't get the weapon.

It's not the common form of the gun I was talking about, nor the legendary version.

It's all about when it turns into an ARC primary weapon. The only other arc primary weapons are fate bringer and prated timepiece, however the Necroplasm is the only one that will have the new 300+ bonus on it. Plus it will presumably cause much larger explosion ratio's then icebreaker/pradeth.revenge. You fire a high rate auto rifle into a control zone being captured to cap one guy in the dome, and the thrall explosion kills the rest of the enemies nearby. That doesn't sound like that bad of a weapon, to me anyhow.

Mani can't wait till i evolve this gun. Gonna make sure i focus on this!

Yeah but higher impact makes a gun do higher damage. Edited by burntt0ad

I got it somehow, and without realizing what it was, dismantled it. After first hearing about it being upgradeable I was mad at myself. Then I read here you have to beat Crota on hard. That isn't going to happen for me so not as mad anymore.

Full team of 32's, a few Ghorns, IB, knowledge and you can beat it. If 31's can beat Crota on normal than 32's can kill Crota on hard.

Getting to 32 is easier said than done though.

It looks like they might have actually done what they claimed, and giving each char a distinct raid loot table and increased drops of what you haven't gotten yet. While I did get 2 ships and 2 HMG's, they were on distinct chars.

There are a number of people that already have the gear for lvl 32, just need one more week for the shards.

Each of my chars have 2 pieces of raid gear, one per week (still have final boss for my warlock left). Just need one more piece per char and they can hit 32.

Edited by TrevorReznor

Getting to 32 is easier said than done though.

I remember reading that crota's end raid gear is more common now. Which explains the arms and chest I got on the second week. And the game will try to not give you a duplicate raid gear piece. I don't know if you have to wear it or just have it on you but it wont give you a duplicate. Shouldn't be too hard to get 32 honestly. All I need right now is the helmet (if I can ever get to 31 and kill Crota) and the boots.

Yeah, it only dropped for people with the demo. That's what fixed it in the hotfix.

Got mine from the Blade of Crota in the first DLC mission, "only" took 93 tries... Probably a bit more since I lost count a few times. Wasn't very lucky with the RNG. :p

It automatically gives it to you, kinda like raid gear rather than a normal drop.

I'm gonna farm it using black wax (heard it increases drop rate)

I killed an endless number of blades from random spawns mainly on Earth, and a few on the Moon. I then killed the blades on the first story mission 15 more times. Still no drop for me, ugh.

I didn't know what this gun was until reading this thread. I got the gun not long after that. Are their anymore weapons that Evolve? Or is this the only one of it's kind?

This is the only one known at the moment.

According to people playing the beta, there was one other: Murmur. It was originally designed to start as blue/rare and upgrade to purple/legendary (after you use the ruined core). Bungie obviously changed the design so that it starts at legendary.

I killed an endless number of blades from random spawns mainly on Earth, and a few on the Moon. I then killed the blades on the first story mission 15 more times. Still no drop for me, ugh.

This is the only one known at the moment.

According to people playing the beta, there was one other: Murmur. It was originally designed to start as blue/rare and upgrade to purple/legendary (after you use the ruined core). Bungie obviously changed the design so that it starts at legendary.

This makes me feel extremely lucky, searching on other forums it seems some people have been able to pick it up, so hopefully you'll get your chance.